|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hera's husband was also her what?
2. Non-heroines are governed by what goddesses?
3. What role do the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7, play?
(a) Any combination of the three.
4. How is the union of Demeter and her mate described?
(a) Joyful and consensual.
(b) A rape.
(c) Neither joyful and consensual, nor a rape.
(d) The nature of their union is not specified.
5. What was written on the item Eris threw?
(a) "For the strongest."
(b) "For the gentlest."
(c) "For the fairest."
(d) "For the wisest."
Short Answer Questions
1. Aphrodite is the goddess of what kind(s) of love?
2. The "circle of fear" that the author refers to associates vulnerability with what?
3. The woman used as an example in Book 2, Chapter 11, had what sort of relationships with men?
4. According to the author, Aphrodite is most similar to what other goddess?
5. According to the author, what do the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7, learn?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)