|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Eris throw into the middle of the party?
(a) A rose.
(b) An apple.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A pomegranate.
2. According to the author, what do the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7, learn?
(a) To have platonic relationships with men.
(b) To be in touch with their emotions.
(c) To empower and assert themselves.
(d) To venture into intimacy.
3. What is the second chapter about Aphrodite called?
(a) "Aphrodite and Hephaestus."
(b) "The Transformative Goddess."
(c) "The Alchemical Goddess."
(d) "Goddess of Love and Beauty."
4. Where did Persephone's kidnapper take her?
(a) The Underworld.
(d) Her whereabouts were unknown.
5. How is the union of Demeter and her mate described?
(a) A rape.
(b) Joyful and consensual.
(c) Neither joyful and consensual, nor a rape.
(d) The nature of their union is not specified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the special ability or power of the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7?
2. Aphrodite's husband was the god of what skill?
3. What is often the most important part of the heroine's journey?
4. What was the most powerful and influential bond in Demeter's life?
5. How does the author think women will feel about this set of goddesses as opposed to the last?
Short Essay Questions
1. What constitutes the nature of a heroine?
2. What were Aphrodite's most important relationships?
3. What final arrangement was worked out between Persephone and her kidnapper?
4. What were the benefits of the arrangement that Persephone makes?
5. What is most important for Demeter women?
6. What happened to the goddess Eris?
7. Aphrodite is the goddess of what?
8. How did Hera and her husband meet and marry?
9. What is the chief characteristic of the vulnerable goddesses?
10. What happened when Persephone was kidnapped?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)