|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story of the heroine's journey, how does the heroine relate to herself?
(a) She is the star of her own life.
(b) She always puts herself first before she takes care of others.
(c) She doesn't think of herself until she is forced to.
(d) She puts her needs below those of the people she cares for.
2. Where were most of Demeter's maternal energies directed?
(a) To her nieces and nephews.
(b) To the fertility of the Earth itself.
(c) To her many children.
(d) To her only daughter.
3. What is the goddess Eris's role in women's lives?
(a) Fostering relationships between women and those closest to them.
(b) Allowing women to be independent and self-sufficient.
(c) Helping women to understand their personal needs.
(d) Creating discord within a woman's self, or between her and others.
4. Who kidnapped Persephone?
5. What is the first chapter about Aphrodite called?
(a) "Aphrodite, the Transformative Goddess."
(b) "Aphrodite and Hephaestus."
(c) "Goddess of Love."
(d) "The Alchemical Goddess."
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the union of Demeter and her mate described?
2. What technique did all of the goddesses attempt to win the contest?
3. What is the central factor of a Hera woman's life?
4. Non-heroines are governed by what goddesses?
5. Persephone's father was also her what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Aphrodite's most important relationships?
2. What war started as a result of Eris' trick?
3. What recommendations does the author make for avoiding and overcoming depression?
4. Why are the goddesses great reminders, according to the author?
5. What role does grief play in the heroine's journey?
6. What is Hera's position in the Olympian family of gods?
7. What was Demeter's family situation?
8. How was Demeter different from the other goddesses?
9. What is most important for Demeter women?
10. Aside from her mother and her husband, what was Persephone's other major relationship?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)