|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman used as an example in Book 2, Chapter 11, works in what field?
2. What is the most powerful need for a Demeter woman?
(a) The need to create and be expressive.
(b) The need for acceptance.
(c) The need to nurture others.
(d) The need for challenge.
3. Hera reacted negatively to which of her husband's habits?
4. Who was Demeter's only daughter?
5. Aphrodite's husband was the god of what skill?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many consorts did Demeter's mate have before her?
2. What is the goddess Eris's role in women's lives?
3. Who kidnapped Persephone?
4. How does the heroine appear to others?
5. The "circle of fear" that the author refers to associates vulnerability with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the goddess Eris?
2. How many chapters are devoted to Aphrodite?
3. What were the benefits of the arrangement that Persephone makes?
4. What is Hera's position in the Olympian family of gods?
5. Why are the goddesses great reminders, according to the author?
6. Aphrodite is the goddess of what?
7. How do women often react to the story of Hera?
8. What role does grief play in the heroine's journey?
9. How did Hera and her husband meet and marry?
10. What did Eris do in response to the affront she received?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)