|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, in a woman's personality, might the goddess archetypes operate?
(a) At her level of awareness.
(b) Below her level of awareness.
(c) Above her level of awareness.
(d) All answers are correct.
2. Hera's husband was also her what?
3. What sort of term is "heroine"?
4. What defines the character of a heroine?
(a) Her genetics and lineage.
(b) Her physical and emotional strength.
(c) Her intimate relationships.
(d) Her decisions and choices.
5. According to the author, Aphrodite is most similar to what other goddess?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the mortal man selected to settle the dispute among the goddesses?
2. Which goddess did the mortal man select as the winner?
3. Who ordered Persephone's return?
4. According to the author, what do women need to be satisfied and fulfilled?
5. What is the goddess Eris's role in women's lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "circle of fear"?
2. What happened to the goddess Eris?
3. What does the author say about the "special woman" in Book 2, Chapter 11?
4. What is the chief characteristic of the vulnerable goddesses?
5. What were Aphrodite's most important relationships?
6. What happened to the goddesses as a result of Eris' trick?
7. According to the author, how does a heroine handle self-sacrifice?
8. How many chapters are devoted to Aphrodite?
9. How does the author use a fiction novel as an example to illustrate her concept of the heroine?
10. How did Hera and her husband meet and marry?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)