|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Book 2, Chapter 7, what group of women would be associated with the goddesses in the previous chapter?
(a) Mature women.
(b) Adolescent women.
(c) Elderly women.
(d) Homosexual women.
2. Eris wasn't invited to what kind of party?
(a) An anniversary dinner.
(b) A wedding party.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A baby shower.
3. Hera reacted negatively to which of her husband's habits?
4. What is often the most important part of the heroine's journey?
(a) Being successful in her chosen profession.
(b) Surviving grief.
(c) Forming interpersonal relationships.
(d) Learning about herself.
5. What was the most powerful and influential bond in Demeter's life?
(a) The bond with her friends.
(b) The maternal bond.
(c) The bond with her mate.
(d) The bond with her sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hera's husband was also her what?
2. What is the first chapter about Aphrodite called?
3. What item did Eris throw into the middle of the party?
4. According to the author, Aphrodite is most similar to what other goddess?
5. How does the heroine appear to others?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hera and her husband meet and marry?
2. What happened to the goddesses as a result of Eris' trick?
3. How does the author use a fiction novel as an example to illustrate her concept of the heroine?
4. What is most important for Demeter women?
5. How was Demeter different from the other goddesses?
6. What constitutes the nature of a heroine?
7. Aphrodite is the goddess of what?
8. Aside from her mother and her husband, what was Persephone's other major relationship?
9. What war started as a result of Eris' trick?
10. What is Hera's position in the Olympian family of gods?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)