|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Persephone's kidnapper take her?
(a) The Underworld.
(b) Her whereabouts were unknown.
2. What was Demeter's marital status?
(a) She lived with her mate.
(b) She was single.
(c) She married a mortal and was widowed.
(d) She was married.
3. Where, in a woman's personality, might the goddess archetypes operate?
(a) Above her level of awareness.
(b) At her level of awareness.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Below her level of awareness.
4. Demeter is the patron goddess of what group of people?
5. The author states that Aphrodite helps people come closer to what state?
(a) Their ideal state.
(b) Their golden state.
(c) Their resting state.
(d) Their home state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of women might identify with Hera?
2. What role do the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7, play?
3. Where were most of Demeter's maternal energies directed?
4. How is the union of Demeter and her mate described?
5. How does the author think women will feel about this set of goddesses as opposed to the last?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is most important for Demeter women?
2. What are some of the characteristics of a Hera woman?
3. How does the author use a fiction novel as an example to illustrate her concept of the heroine?
4. How do women often react to the story of Hera?
5. What were the benefits of the arrangement that Persephone makes?
6. What role does grief play in the heroine's journey?
7. What is Hera's position in the Olympian family of gods?
8. What happened to the goddess Eris?
9. What constitutes the nature of a heroine?
10. What war started as a result of Eris' trick?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)