|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first chapter about Aphrodite called?
(a) "Aphrodite and Hephaestus."
(b) "Goddess of Love."
(c) "Aphrodite, the Transformative Goddess."
(d) "The Alchemical Goddess."
2. What is often the most important part of the heroine's journey?
(a) Learning about herself.
(b) Surviving grief.
(c) Being successful in her chosen profession.
(d) Forming interpersonal relationships.
3. Where did Persephone's kidnapper take her?
(b) Her whereabouts were unknown.
(c) The Underworld.
4. What is the most powerful need for a Demeter woman?
(a) The need to create and be expressive.
(b) The need to nurture others.
(c) The need for acceptance.
(d) The need for challenge.
5. Who kidnapped Persephone?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what do women need to be satisfied and fulfilled?
2. According to the author, what initially inspires many heroines?
3. Which goddess did the mortal man select as the winner?
4. Why did Paris make his selection?
5. People who make intentional choices with regard to self-sacrifice usually do so because of what concern(s)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What final arrangement was worked out between Persephone and her kidnapper?
2. How do women often react to the story of Hera?
3. Aphrodite is the goddess of what?
4. What were the benefits of the arrangement that Persephone makes?
5. How does the author use a fiction novel as an example to illustrate her concept of the heroine?
6. What is the chief characteristic of the vulnerable goddesses?
7. What happened to the goddess Eris?
8. What happened to the goddesses as a result of Eris' trick?
9. What war started as a result of Eris' trick?
10. According to the author, how does a heroine handle self-sacrifice?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)