|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author differentiate between heroines and non-heroines?
(a) They have many of the same qualities and are sometimes difficult to differentiate.
(b) She doesn't want readers to believe that every woman is a heroine.
(c) She wants readers to see that heroines have more desirable qualities.
(d) She doesn't want non-heroines to get less recognition.
2. Non-heroines are governed by what goddesses?
3. Where did Persephone's kidnapper take her?
(a) Her whereabouts were unknown.
(d) The Underworld.
4. Who arrived with a message, regarding Persephone, for Persephone's mother?
5. In the story of the heroine's journey, how does the heroine relate to herself?
(a) She puts her needs below those of the people she cares for.
(b) She always puts herself first before she takes care of others.
(c) She is the star of her own life.
(d) She doesn't think of herself until she is forced to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most powerful and influential bond in Demeter's life?
2. How many consorts did Demeter's mate have before her?
3. Why is it easy, according to the author, to forgive Hera for not being "able to have full control over her own husband"?
4. Persephone had an extramarital affair with whom?
5. Aphrodite is the goddess of what kind(s) of love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does grief play in the heroine's journey?
2. What were Aphrodite's most important relationships?
3. Aside from her mother and her husband, what was Persephone's other major relationship?
4. What is the "circle of fear"?
5. How do women often react to the story of Hera?
6. How many chapters are devoted to Aphrodite?
7. What recommendations does the author make for avoiding and overcoming depression?
8. How does the author use a fiction novel as an example to illustrate her concept of the heroine?
9. What were the benefits of the arrangement that Persephone makes?
10. What does the author say about the "special woman" in Book 2, Chapter 11?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)