|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Non-heroines are governed by what goddesses?
2. The author feels that the goddesses are a great reminder, especially for women in a generation where they were encouraged to do what?
(a) Have smaller families.
(b) Be accomplished.
(c) Enlist in the armed forces.
(d) Suppress their emotions.
3. Why is it easy, according to the author, to forgive Hera for not being "able to have full control over her own husband"?
(a) Her husband is the most powerful of the Olympian gods.
(b) Her mother was also unable to fully assert herself.
(c) Her inability to have control over him is what enabled her to be more powerful in other areas.
(d) She had no desire to control him.
4. How is the union of Demeter and her mate described?
(a) Joyful and consensual.
(b) A rape.
(c) Neither joyful and consensual, nor a rape.
(d) The nature of their union is not specified.
5. What was written on the item Eris threw?
(a) "For the gentlest."
(b) "For the fairest."
(c) "For the strongest."
(d) "For the wisest."
Short Answer Questions
1. What role do the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7, play?
2. Hera's husband was also her what?
3. What requires vulnerability to exist?
4. The "circle of fear" that the author refers to associates vulnerability with what?
5. The woman used as an example in Book 2, Chapter 11, had what sort of relationships with men?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)