|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second chapter about Aphrodite called?
(a) "The Alchemical Goddess."
(b) "Aphrodite and Hephaestus."
(c) "The Transformative Goddess."
(d) "Goddess of Love and Beauty."
2. According to the author, what do women need to be satisfied and fulfilled?
(a) To keep busy and be successful, but still make time for themselves.
(b) To acknowledge which goddesses are present within her, and which are repressed.
(c) To learn to cope with knowledge of their own shortcomings and inabilities.
(d) To fulfill the goals that are most important to them.
3. In Book 2, Chapter 11, the author uses what prominent female as an example?
(a) Lou Salome.
(b) Florence Nightingale.
(c) Hillary Clinton.
(d) Marie Curie.
4. According to the author, women often experience anxiety, or a sense of defeat, because of what?
(a) Their physical limitations.
(b) The patriarchal structure of society.
(c) Being forced to work outside the home when they have children.
(d) The stress of their family situations.
5. Persephone had an extramarital affair with whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of women might identify with Hera?
2. Where did Persephone's kidnapper take her?
3. What was Demeter's marital status?
4. Who kidnapped Persephone?
5. What item did Eris throw into the middle of the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What final arrangement was worked out between Persephone and her kidnapper?
2. What role does grief play in the heroine's journey?
3. How do women often react to the story of Hera?
4. What is most important for Demeter women?
5. What war started as a result of Eris' trick?
6. What recommendations does the author make for avoiding and overcoming depression?
7. What is suggested by the switch from the virgin goddesses to the vulnerable ones?
8. How was Demeter different from the other goddesses?
9. What constitutes the nature of a heroine?
10. What does the author say about the "special woman" in Book 2, Chapter 11?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)