|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Demeter's marital status?
(a) She was married.
(b) She married a mortal and was widowed.
(c) She was single.
(d) She lived with her mate.
2. In the story of the heroine's journey, how does the heroine relate to herself?
(a) She puts her needs below those of the people she cares for.
(b) She doesn't think of herself until she is forced to.
(c) She is the star of her own life.
(d) She always puts herself first before she takes care of others.
3. Who was Hera's husband?
4. What was the benefit, or benefits, of Persephone's agreement?
(a) There was no benefit to her agreement.
(b) She was able to diversify the Olympian bloodline.
(c) She could diversify the Olympian bloodline and still spend time with her mother.
(d) She was able to spend time with her mother.
5. Why did Paris make his selection?
(a) The goddess promised him the most beautiful woman in the world as his wife.
(b) He was afraid of the wrath of the gods.
(c) It was his honest opinion.
(d) The goddess agreed to make him rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decreed that the dispute between the goddesses should be settled by a mortal?
2. According to the author, what might some women like about Hera?
3. Aphrodite's husband was the god of what skill?
4. What was Persephone's stipulation for her agreement?
5. According to the author, Aphrodite is most similar to what other goddess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Aphrodite is the goddess of what?
2. How did Hera and her husband meet and marry?
3. What was Demeter's family situation?
4. How many chapters are devoted to Aphrodite?
5. What constitutes the nature of a heroine?
6. What happened when Persephone was kidnapped?
7. Aside from her mother and her husband, what was Persephone's other major relationship?
8. What final arrangement was worked out between Persephone and her kidnapper?
9. What role does grief play in the heroine's journey?
10. What were the benefits of the arrangement that Persephone makes?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)