|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hera get married?
(a) Hera's husband kidnapped her and forced her into marrying him.
(b) Hera's father forced her to marry her husband.
(c) Hera resisted her husband's amorous advances until he agreed to be her husband.
(d) Hera and her husband had to get married to preserve the purity of the Olympian bloodline.
2. What is the first chapter about Aphrodite called?
(a) "Aphrodite and Hephaestus."
(b) "Aphrodite, the Transformative Goddess."
(c) "Goddess of Love."
(d) "The Alchemical Goddess."
3. Where were most of Demeter's maternal energies directed?
(a) To the fertility of the Earth itself.
(b) To her only daughter.
(c) To her nieces and nephews.
(d) To her many children.
4. What emotions are part of Demeter's story?
(a) A need for help.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. Non-heroines are governed by what goddesses?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author uses what type of woman as an example of an Aphrodite woman?
2. How many consorts did Demeter's mate have before her?
3. According to the author, what group of women would be associated with the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7?
4. What is the central factor of a Hera woman's life?
5. What is NOT a suggestion, made by author, for ways a Demeter woman can avoid depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the characteristics of a Hera woman?
2. Why are the goddesses great reminders, according to the author?
3. What is suggested by the switch from the virgin goddesses to the vulnerable ones?
4. What is Hera's position in the Olympian family of gods?
5. What is the "circle of fear"?
6. How does the author use a fiction novel as an example to illustrate her concept of the heroine?
7. What is the chief characteristic of the vulnerable goddesses?
8. How did Hera and her husband meet and marry?
9. What were Aphrodite's most important relationships?
10. What does the author say about the "special woman" in Book 2, Chapter 11?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)