|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Non-heroines are governed by what goddesses?
2. What defines the character of a heroine?
(a) Her decisions and choices.
(b) Her genetics and lineage.
(c) Her physical and emotional strength.
(d) Her intimate relationships.
3. Who was Persephone's mother?
4. Where did Persephone's kidnapper take her?
(a) Her whereabouts were unknown.
(b) The Underworld.
5. According to Book 2, Chapter 7, having healthy relationships helps to prevent a woman from becoming what?
(a) A workaholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 2, Chapter 11, the author compares people to what?
2. Which goddess did the mortal man select as the winner?
3. Demeter is the patron goddess of what group of people?
4. People who make intentional choices with regard to self-sacrifice usually do so because of what concern(s)?
5. What food did Persephone's kidnapper offer to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is suggested by the switch from the virgin goddesses to the vulnerable ones?
2. How was Demeter different from the other goddesses?
3. What recommendations does the author make for avoiding and overcoming depression?
4. What was Demeter's family situation?
5. What is the "circle of fear"?
6. What is most important for Demeter women?
7. What is Hera's position in the Olympian family of gods?
8. What is the chief characteristic of the vulnerable goddesses?
9. How many chapters are devoted to Aphrodite?
10. Aphrodite is the goddess of what?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)