|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fought over the item that Eris tossed into the party?
(a) Hera, Aphrodite, and Athena.
(b) Hera, Athena, and Demeter.
(c) Hera, Artemis, and Athena.
(d) Athena, Persephone, and Hestia.
2. Who was Persephone's mother?
3. Hera reacted negatively to which of her husband's habits?
4. What is the special ability or power of the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Maintaining relationships.
(b) Bearing children.
(c) Remaining chaste.
(d) Being superior to the male gods.
5. People who make intentional choices with regard to self-sacrifice usually do so because of what concern(s)?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Duty to family.
(c) Caring what other people think.
(d) A good reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author think women will feel about this set of goddesses as opposed to the last?
2. What is NOT a suggestion, made by author, for ways a Demeter woman can avoid depression?
3. What was the benefit, or benefits, of Persephone's agreement?
4. Who was Demeter's only daughter?
5. According to the author, what might some women like about Hera?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)