|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first chapter about Aphrodite called?
(a) "Aphrodite, the Transformative Goddess."
(b) "Goddess of Love."
(c) "The Alchemical Goddess."
(d) "Aphrodite and Hephaestus."
2. Why might some women feel sorry for Hera?
(a) She was constantly wronged by her husband.
(b) She fell in love with a mortal but could not have him.
(c) Her daughter was taken from her.
(d) She was unable to have children.
3. People who make intentional choices with regard to self-sacrifice usually do so because of what concern(s)?
(a) A good reputation.
(b) Caring what other people think.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Duty to family.
4. Who arrived with a message, regarding Persephone, for Persephone's mother?
5. Aphrodite is the goddess of what kind(s) of love?
(a) Romantic love.
(b) Sexual love.
(c) All kinds.
(d) Platonic love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hera's husband was also her what?
2. What role do the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7, play?
3. Who kidnapped Persephone?
4. The author assumes that, for many readers, vulnerability is closely associated with what?
5. What was the most powerful and influential bond in Demeter's life?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)