|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes about how many goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What is the first metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
(a) The formation of glaciers.
(b) The growth of crystals.
(c) Starting a car.
(d) The development of a fetus.
3. Artemis is the goddess of what activity?
4. What word is used to describe the goddesses' role in this book?
5. Artemis asked her father for what animals as companions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
2. Is the triggering of archetypes a good thing?
3. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
4. Athena was the patron goddess of what city?
5. Why does the author contrast the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the three goddesses described in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
3. How does the author treat her patients?
4. How many years passed between the editions of Goddesses in Everywoman?
5. What qualities does a Hestia woman possess?
6. What was Hestia's special privilege?
7. What goddesses does the author use for the archetypes in the book?
8. What did Artemis ask her father for?
9. What are the two types of archetypes in the universe, described by Bolen?
10. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)