|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
(a) Necessary and superfluous.
(b) Dominant and repressed.
(c) Feminine and masculine.
(d) Active and inactive.
2. Who was Athena's father?
3. For what weapon did Artemis ask her father?
(d) Bow and arrow.
4. Instead of martial vows, Hestia gained what special privilege?
(a) She was exceptionally good at hunting.
(b) She outlived all of the other goddesses.
(c) She had a beautiful singing voice.
(d) She had the most offerings in her name.
5. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) "Goddesses in Everywoman."
(b) "Goddesses as Archetypes."
(c) "Goddesses as Inner Images."
(d) "Goddesses in Everyday Life."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last thing Artemis requested from her father?
2. How did the assistant help with Athena's birth?
3. Who was Artemis' father?
4. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
5. According to the author, Artemis' type of self-imposed exile occurs whenever women join what type of organization?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about babies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
2. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
3. What did Artemis ask her father for?
4. According to the author, why do women go into therapy?
5. What are the two types of archetypes in the universe, described by Bolen?
6. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
7. What was Hestia's special privilege?
8. What was the marital situation of Artemis' mother and father?
9. What were the circumstances of Artemis' birth?
10. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)