|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
(a) Feminine and masculine.
(b) Active and inactive.
(c) Necessary and superfluous.
(d) Dominant and repressed.
2. How many goddesses are in the first group?
3. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she tries to apply the archetypes to what?
(b) Modern religion.
(c) The lives of real women.
(d) Jungian theory.
4. Artemis asked her father for what item to help her run?
(a) Wings on her feet.
(b) A water flask.
(c) A short tunic.
(d) Running shoes.
5. How was Athena born?
(a) She was delivered by Caesarian section.
(b) She sprang from Zeus' forehead.
(c) She was created from her brother's rib.
(d) She rose from a wave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Athena's usual companions?
2. Who helped with Athena's birth?
3. What term does the author use for forces of self?
4. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
5. What type of mental health practitioner was the author?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
2. Aphrodite is the goddess of what?
3. What happened to the goddesses as a result of Eris' trick?
4. How was Demeter different from the other goddesses?
5. How many years passed between the editions of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i>?
6. What were the benefits of the arrangement that Persephone makes?
7. Aside from her mother and her husband, what was Persephone's other major relationship?
8. What happened when Persephone was kidnapped?
9. What did Aphrodite do to Hestia?
10. What are Hestia's main characteristics?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)