|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Artemis is the goddess of what activity?
2. What is described, by the author as a means of empowerment and self-care for women?
(a) Having children.
3. What was the last thing Artemis requested from her father?
(a) Permanent chastity.
(b) A new home.
(c) Skill with weapons.
(d) Separation from her mother.
4. What type of mental health practitioner was the author?
(a) Social worker.
5. An Athena woman is the most apt to be able to survive what?
(a) Physical injury.
(c) The death of a loved one.
(d) A cheating spouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
2. How many goddesses does the author include in this book?
3. Book 2, Chapter 1 begins with a look at the formation of what?
4. Who was Athena's father?
5. About what did the author have to wait to write a book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the marital situation of Artemis' mother and father?
2. What qualities does a Hestia woman possess?
3. What example does the author use in Book 2, Chapter 1, to support her statement about the maternal instinct?
4. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
5. According to the author, why do women go into therapy?
6. What was Hestia's special privilege?
7. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
8. How many years passed between the editions of Goddesses in Everywoman?
9. What are Hestia's main characteristics?
10. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)