|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The theory discussed in Cook 2, Chapter 2 postulates that there are what types of patterns and qualities?
2. What is the author's degree?
3. Hestia is the goddess of what?
(b) The hearth.
(d) The bedroom.
4. How many goddesses are written about in each chapter?
5. Who caused the male gods to fall in love with Hestia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an Athena woman's most likely downfall?
2. Book 2, Chapter 2, focuses on a particular of what type of therapy?
3. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she devotes the rest of Book 2 to doing what with the goddesses?
4. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
5. How many goddesses does the author include in this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the chief characteristic of the vulnerable goddesses?
2. How many years passed between the editions of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i>?
3. What is suggested by the switch from the virgin goddesses to the vulnerable ones?
4. Which goddesses are discussed in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. How many chapters are devoted to Aphrodite?
6. What goddesses does the author use for the archetypes in the book?
7. What did Eris do in response to the affront she received?
8. How was Athena different from the other virgin goddesses?
9. What role does grief play in the heroine's journey?
10. Aphrodite is the goddess of what?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)