|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Athena's father?
2. Who were Athena's usual companions?
(a) Other goddesses.
(d) Men or boys.
3. Book 2, Chapter 2, focuses on a particular of what type of therapy?
(a) Behavioral modification.
(b) Limited exposure.
4. Who caused the male gods to fall in love with Hestia?
5. What was the explanation for Athena's seemingly odd companions?
(a) She prided herself on resisting temptation.
(b) She preferred mortals over gods.
(c) There isn't one, really.
(d) She preferred animals over people.
Short Answer Questions
1. A woman can be helped and hindered by what forces?
2. What type of mental health practitioner was the author?
3. According to the author, what is the most important factor for treating her patients with success?
4. When inhabitants of a city-state left to form a new village, what did they take with them?
5. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about babies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
2. What did Eris do in response to the affront she received?
3. What are the "animus" and inner goddess, as defined by the author in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. Why are the goddesses great reminders, according to the author?
5. How was Athena born?
6. How does the author treat her patients?
7. How does the author use a fiction novel as an example to illustrate her concept of the heroine?
8. What role does grief play in the heroine's journey?
9. What is suggested by the switch from the virgin goddesses to the vulnerable ones?
10. What example does the author use in Book 2, Chapter 1, to support her statement about the maternal instinct?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)