|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
(a) The factors that had directly contributed to the dissolution of her marriage.
(b) The fact that she would lose half of her hard-earned possessions.
(c) The fact that she would have to share custody of her children.
(d) The fact that everything about her life would be changing.
2. Artemis is the goddess of what activity?
3. In Book 2, Chapter 1, the author states that having a baby can trigger what?
(a) Maternal instinct.
(d) Post-partum depression.
4. What is an Athena woman's most likely downfall?
(a) Having a poor self-image.
(b) Being unable to care for her children.
(c) Not caring about her looks.
(d) Trying to save a relationship in which her partner has already given up.
5. Who were Athena's usual companions?
(a) Other goddesses.
(c) Men or boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goddesses does the author include in this book?
2. Every Greek city-state had a mass what?
3. How long had the author had her own mental health practice when she wrote the first edition of Goddesses in Everywoman?
4. How many goddesses are in the second group?
5. Who caused the male gods to fall in love with Hestia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
2. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
3. What are the two types of archetypes in the universe, described by Bolen?
4. According to the author, why do women go into therapy?
5. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
6. What are the "animus" and inner goddess, as defined by the author in Book 2, Chapter 3?
7. How many years passed between the editions of Goddesses in Everywoman?
8. How was Athena born?
9. What does the author say about babies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
10. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)