|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, Artemis' type of self-imposed exile occurs whenever women join what type of organization?
2. Athena was the patron goddess of what city?
3. How many goddesses are in the second group?
4. What is the second of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
(a) The fact that she would have to share custody of her children.
(b) The factors that had directly contributed to the dissolution of her marriage.
(c) The fact that everything about her life would be changing.
(d) The fact that she would lose half of her hard-earned possessions.
5. Is the triggering of archetypes a good thing?
(c) Often, yes.
(d) Often, no.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third group of goddesses called?
2. The patterns and qualities discussed in Book 2, Chapter 2, are part of what?
3. Hestia is the goddess of what?
4. Who is the author of Goddesses in Everywoman?
5. According to the author, what is the most important factor for treating her patients with success?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
2. What example does the author use to explain the difference in the archetypes?
3. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
4. What sort of relationship did Artemis have with her mother?
5. Which goddesses are discussed in Book 2, Chapter 3?
6. What did Artemis ask her father for?
7. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
8. How was Athena born?
9. What groups are the goddesses divided into?
10. What was the marital situation of Artemis' mother and father?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)