|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of mental health practitioner was the author?
(d) Social worker.
2. What is described, by the author as a means of empowerment and self-care for women?
(d) Having children.
3. How did the author get her hypothesis for effective treatment?
(a) She got feedback from other practitioners.
(b) She experimented with different techniques.
(c) She meditated on what the best practice would be.
(d) She read it in a psychiatric journal.
4. What was the explanation for Athena's seemingly odd companions?
(a) She preferred animals over people.
(b) She preferred mortals over gods.
(c) There isn't one, really.
(d) She prided herself on resisting temptation.
5. Hestia is the goddess of what?
(c) The hearth.
(d) The bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. This edition of the text was written how many years after the first publication?
2. What is the author's degree?
3. How many goddesses are in the second group?
4. With what did Artemis help her mother?
5. What is an Athena woman's most likely downfall?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the author, why do women go into therapy?
2. What example does the author use in Book 2, Chapter 1, to support her statement about the maternal instinct?
3. What did Artemis ask her father for?
4. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
5. What were the circumstances of Artemis' birth?
6. What are Hestia's main characteristics?
7. What is the difference between the two types of archetypes?
8. What qualities does a Hestia woman possess?
9. How many years passed between the editions of Goddesses in Everywoman?
10. What sort of relationship did Artemis have with her mother?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)