|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she devotes the rest of Book 2 to doing what with the goddesses?
(a) Disproving their stories.
(b) Evaluating them, in-depth.
(c) Determining the symbolism of their respective mythos.
(d) Showing the ways in which they are outdated and don't apply to modern society.
2. What is the first group of goddesses called?
(a) Transformative goddesses.
(b) Vulnerable goddesses.
(c) Maternal goddesses.
(d) Virgin goddesses.
3. What term does the author use for forces of self?
(a) Natural forces.
(b) Internal forces.
(c) Alpha forces.
(d) Inner forces.
4. What word is used to describe the goddesses' role in this book?
5. Artemis was the first-born of what?
(a) A set of twins.
(b) Three girls and two boys.
(c) A set of triplets.
(d) Six girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is the most important factor for treating her patients with success?
2. Who was Athena's father?
3. What is described, by the author as a means of empowerment and self-care for women?
4. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
5. The patterns and qualities discussed in Book 2, Chapter 2, are part of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
2. Which goddesses are discussed in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. What did Artemis ask her father for?
4. How was Athena different from the other virgin goddesses?
5. What is the difference between the two types of archetypes?
6. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
7. What was Hestia's special privilege?
8. What did Aphrodite do to Hestia?
9. What goddesses does the author use for the archetypes in the book?
10. How does Book 2, Chapter 1, begin?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)