|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did other women help the author to do?
(a) Be comfortable with herself.
(b) Write her book.
(c) Open up.
(d) Earn her Ph.D.
2. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
3. How many books did the author write before this one?
(b) A few.
4. Hestia is described as what?
(a) A jealous lover.
(b) A prude.
(c) A wallflower.
(d) Outgoing and friendly.
5. How did the assistant help with Athena's birth?
(a) By pulling Athena's body from the earth.
(b) By putting Athena's mother into a deep, temporary sleep.
(c) By hitting Athena's father in the head with an axe.
(d) By helping to build Athena from clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goddesses does the author include in this book?
2. Who was Athena's mother?
3. The author divides the goddesses in her book into how many categories?
4. Artemis asked her father for what item to help her run?
5. What word is used to describe the goddesses' role in this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many years passed between the editions of Goddesses in Everywoman?
2. How was Athena born?
3. How are the three goddesses described in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What qualities does a Hestia woman possess?
5. What is the difference between the two types of archetypes?
6. What sort of relationship did Artemis have with her mother?
7. What groups are the goddesses divided into?
8. Which goddesses are discussed in Book 2, Chapter 3?
9. What are the two types of archetypes in the universe, described by Bolen?
10. What were the circumstances of Artemis' birth?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)