|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
(a) Active and inactive.
(b) Feminine and masculine.
(c) Dominant and repressed.
(d) Necessary and superfluous.
2. When was Apollo born?
(a) Nine months after Artemis.
(b) One year before Artemis.
(c) Nine days and nights after Artemis.
(d) Six months after Artemis.
3. Hestia is the goddess of what?
(c) The hearth.
(d) The bedroom.
4. How many goddesses does the author include in this book?
5. What relationship is most important to an Athena woman?
(a) Her spouse.
(b) Her siblings.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Book 2, Chapter, 3 is devoted to which group of goddesses?
2. Why does the author choose to incorporate knowledge of the goddesses into her book?
3. The author is most familiar with what type of psychology?
4. Book 2, Chapter 2, focuses on a particular of what type of therapy?
5. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she tries to apply the archetypes to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
2. How does the author treat her patients?
3. What goddesses does the author use for the archetypes in the book?
4. What qualities does a Hestia woman possess?
5. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
6. What are Hestia's main characteristics?
7. How many years passed between the editions of Goddesses in Everywoman?
8. The author of Goddesses in Everywoman is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
9. What does the author say about babies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
10. According to the author, why do women go into therapy?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)