|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sad truth does the author unveil in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Some women lose their babies and never have a special bond with their other children.
(b) Some women give birth and discover they don't have a bond with their own baby.
(c) Some women never form a special, intimate bond with a child.
(d) When a woman forms this bond with someone else's child, it is hard for her to recover.
2. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
(a) She was banished.
(b) She found it too tempting to be around men.
(c) She had an argument with the city's patron deity.
(d) She wanted to spend all her time with other women.
3. Who was Artemis' mother?
4. According to the author, what is often misinterpreted?
(a) The differences between male and female archetypes.
(b) The signals women send to one another.
(c) The hormonal changes that affect a woman's mood.
(d) The differences between the personalities of different women.
5. When inhabitants of a city-state left to form a new village, what did they take with them?
(a) A piece of their temple.
(b) Their animals.
(c) A piece of sacred fire.
(d) A piece of stone from their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 1?
2. What is the main subject of Book 2?
3. What is the third group of goddesses called?
4. What is the second of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
5. Who helped with Athena's birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
2. Which goddesses are discussed in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
4. According to the author, why do women go into therapy?
5. What was the marital situation of Artemis' mother and father?
6. What goddesses does the author use for the archetypes in the book?
7. Why does the author choose to contrast the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
8. What groups are the goddesses divided into?
9. How does the author treat her patients?
10. What was Hestia's special privilege?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)