|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what is the most important factor for treating her patients with success?
(a) Her clinical knowledge.
(b) Her personal experiences.
(c) All three should be integrated.
(d) The power of mythic figures.
2. For what weapon did Artemis ask her father?
(d) Bow and arrow.
3. Who were Athena's usual companions?
(a) Men or boys.
(d) Other goddesses.
4. The author divides the goddesses in her book into how many categories?
5. How many of Artemis' wishes did her father grant?
(c) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Athena was the patron goddess of what city?
2. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
3. What did other women help the author to do?
4. The patterns and qualities discussed in Book 2, Chapter 2, are part of what?
5. With what did Artemis help her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
2. What does the author say about babies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. According to the author, why do women go into therapy?
4. What are the "animus" and inner goddess, as defined by the author in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. What did Aphrodite do to Hestia?
6. What was the marital situation of Artemis' mother and father?
7. How does the author treat her patients?
8. What example does the author use in Book 2, Chapter 1, to support her statement about the maternal instinct?
9. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
10. What groups are the goddesses divided into?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)