|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an Athena woman's most likely downfall?
(a) Having a poor self-image.
(b) Being unable to care for her children.
(c) Not caring about her looks.
(d) Trying to save a relationship in which her partner has already given up.
2. What did Athena typically wear?
(a) Men's clothing.
(b) A short running tunic.
(c) A beautiful white dress.
(d) Plate mail armor and a shield.
3. Why does the author choose to incorporate knowledge of the goddesses into her book?
(a) Because she is a firm believer in the mythos and gods of the ancient pantheons.
(b) Because the goddesses embody certain characteristics that every woman has.
(c) Because categorizing women's personalities using the goddesses helps them identify other women with similar characteristics, to whom they can relate.
(d) Because religion helps people find their reasons for living.
4. According to the author, what is the most important factor for treating her patients with success?
(a) The power of mythic figures.
(b) All three should be integrated.
(c) Her personal experiences.
(d) Her clinical knowledge.
5. What is the third group of goddesses called?
(a) Maternal goddesses.
(b) Virgin goddesses.
(c) Transformative goddesses.
(d) Vulnerable goddesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of martial vows, Hestia gained what special privilege?
2. According to the author, what should be considered for a healthy relationship?
3. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
4. The same emotion that is triggered by having a baby can also be triggered by what?
5. How did the assistant help with Athena's birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. The author of Goddesses in Everywoman is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
2. How many years passed between the editions of Goddesses in Everywoman?
3. What was the marital situation of Artemis' mother and father?
4. What were the circumstances of Artemis' birth?
5. How was Athena different from the other virgin goddesses?
6. What is the difference between the two types of archetypes?
7. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
8. How was Athena born?
9. What are Hestia's main characteristics?
10. What does the author say about babies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)