|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cook 2, Chapter 2, the goddess archetypes are at work where?
(a) Only in the cultures where they originated.
(b) Nowhere, because they are archaic.
(c) Only in the women who recognize them.
(d) In every woman and in every culture.
2. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 2?
3. The author differentiates between the "inner goddess" and the what?
(b) Inner god.
(d) Outer goddess.
4. How many goddesses are in the third group?
5. Athena is the goddess of what quality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author of Goddesses in Everywoman choose to write this book?
2. How many male gods fell in love with Hestia?
3. According to the author, how do Hestian women feel about sex?
4. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she tries to apply the archetypes to what?
5. How many books did the author write before this one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What qualities does a Hestia woman possess?
2. What was the marital situation of Artemis' mother and father?
3. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
4. What does the author say about babies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. How was Athena different from the other virgin goddesses?
6. How was Athena born?
7. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
8. How are the three goddesses described in Book 2, Chapter 3?
9. What are the "animus" and inner goddess, as defined by the author in Book 2, Chapter 3?
10. How does Book 2, Chapter 1, begin?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)