|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what weapon did Artemis ask her father?
(d) Bow and arrow.
2. According to Cook 2, Chapter 2, the goddess archetypes are at work where?
(a) Nowhere, because they are archaic.
(b) Only in the cultures where they originated.
(c) In every woman and in every culture.
(d) Only in the women who recognize them.
3. Artemis was the first-born of what?
(a) Six girls.
(b) A set of twins.
(c) A set of triplets.
(d) Three girls and two boys.
4. Who was Athena's mother?
(c) She didn't have one.
5. How many male gods fell in love with Hestia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
2. Every Greek city-state had a mass what?
3. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
4. About what did the author have to wait to write a book?
5. Who was Athena's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example does the author use to explain the difference in the archetypes?
2. How was Athena born?
3. What was the marital situation of Artemis' mother and father?
4. What was Hestia's special privilege?
5. What are Hestia's main characteristics?
6. Which goddesses are discussed in Book 2, Chapter 3?
7. What did Artemis ask her father for?
8. What does Bolen say sometimes happens to women when they have children?
9. The author of Goddesses in Everywoman is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
10. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)