|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goddesses are in the third group?
2. Who was Athena's father?
3. According to the author in Chapter 1, it is important for women to know their own what?
4. Who was Artemis' mother?
5. Every Greek city-state had a mass what?
(a) Food store.
(b) Feeding ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goddesses are written about in each chapter?
2. According to the author, how do Hestian women feel about sex?
3. The patterns and qualities discussed in Book 2, Chapter 2, are part of what?
4. Athena is the goddess of what quality?
5. How was Athena born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which goddesses are discussed in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
3. The author of Goddesses in Everywoman is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
4. What example does the author use in Book 2, Chapter 1, to support her statement about the maternal instinct?
5. What does the author say about babies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
6. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
7. What are the two types of archetypes in the universe, described by Bolen?
8. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
9. What qualities does a Hestia woman possess?
10. According to the author, why do women go into therapy?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)