Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
(a) She wanted to spend all her time with other women.
(b) She found it too tempting to be around men.
(c) She had an argument with the city's patron deity.
(d) She was banished.
2. How many goddesses are in the third group?
3. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
4. When inhabitants of a city-state left to form a new village, what did they take with them?
(a) A piece of their temple.
(b) Their animals.
(c) A piece of sacred fire.
(d) A piece of stone from their home.
5. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
(a) When personality types that tend to clash are confronted with one another.
(b) When a woman's inner goddess is not in harmony with her psychological state.
(c) When women who are dominated by two different goddesses meet.
(d) When a woman's emotional needs are not being met.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the author had her own mental health practice when she wrote the first edition of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i>?
2. According to the author, what should be considered for a healthy relationship?
3. Why did the author of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i> choose to write this book?
4. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the major characteristics of an Athena woman?
2. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
3. What were the author's results with her method of treatment?
4. How was Athena different from the other virgin goddesses?
5. How do women often react to the story of Hera?
6. What were Aphrodite's most important relationships?
7. The author of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i> is a proponent of what kind of therapy?
8. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
9. What war started as a result of Eris' trick?
10. What is the difference between the two types of archetypes?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)