Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Persephone's stipulation for her agreement?
(a) She must not be required to bear children.
(b) She cannot be trapped in the Underworld.
(c) She must be allowed to have relationships outside of marriage.
(d) She must not be required to marry her kidnapper.
2. What emotions are part of Demeter's story?
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) A need for help.
3. What is the central factor of a Hera woman's life?
(a) Being a successful career woman.
(b) Being independent.
(c) Being a wife.
(d) Being a mother.
4. Non-heroines are governed by what goddesses?
5. How many consorts did Demeter's mate have before her?
6. Who was Hera's husband?
7. How does the heroine appear to others?
(a) As an extraordinary person that they have trouble relating to.
(b) Like an ordinary person.
(c) As a strange but compelling individual.
(d) As someone who has overcome astonishing odds.
8. Why did Hera get married?
(a) Hera's husband kidnapped her and forced her into marrying him.
(b) Hera's father forced her to marry her husband.
(c) Hera resisted her husband's amorous advances until he agreed to be her husband.
(d) Hera and her husband had to get married to preserve the purity of the Olympian bloodline.
9. Hera is the first of a group of goddesses described as what?
10. What was written on the item Eris threw?
(a) "For the gentlest."
(b) "For the fairest."
(c) "For the wisest."
(d) "For the strongest."
11. What was Demeter's marital status?
(a) She was single.
(b) She married a mortal and was widowed.
(c) She was married.
(d) She lived with her mate.
12. Who fought over the item that Eris tossed into the party?
(a) Hera, Aphrodite, and Athena.
(b) Hera, Artemis, and Athena.
(c) Hera, Athena, and Demeter.
(d) Athena, Persephone, and Hestia.
13. What sort of term is "heroine"?
14. How does the author think women will feel about this set of goddesses as opposed to the last?
(a) They are less relevant to modern women's lives.
(b) They are a pleasurable counterweight.
(c) They are not as comfortable with men.
(d) They possess qualities that are more common in women.
15. What item did Eris throw into the middle of the party?
(a) An apple.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A pomegranate.
(d) A rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman used as an example in Book 2, Chapter 11, had what sort of relationships with men?
2. How do Demeter women view marriage?
3. Why does the author differentiate between heroines and non-heroines?
4. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 7?
5. What is the second chapter about Aphrodite called?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)