|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ordered Persephone's return?
2. Eris wasn't invited to what kind of party?
(a) A baby shower.
(b) An anniversary dinner.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A wedding party.
3. Persephone's father was also her what?
4. What group of women might identify with Hera?
(a) Women who are also infertile.
(b) Women who have experienced sexual jealousy.
(c) Women who are unable to assert themselves.
(d) Women who constantly live in the shadow of their powerful husband.
5. How is the union of Demeter and her mate described?
(a) A rape.
(b) The nature of their union is not specified.
(c) Joyful and consensual.
(d) Neither joyful and consensual, nor a rape.
6. According to Book 2, Chapter 7, having healthy relationships helps to prevent a woman from becoming what?
(b) A workaholic.
7. According to the author, what initially inspires many heroines?
(a) The need to be recognized.
(b) The need to be needed.
(c) The desire to find others like themselves.
(d) The desire to be successful.
8. The "circle of fear" that the author refers to associates vulnerability with what?
(b) Being taken advantage of.
(c) Fear of the unknown.
9. The woman used as an example in Book 2, Chapter 11, had what sort of relationships with men?
(a) She was married and divorced several times.
(b) She was a feminist who hated men.
(c) She was happily married for many years.
(d) She had intimacies but never married.
10. Who was Persephone's mother?
11. Hera's husband was also her what?
12. People who make intentional choices with regard to self-sacrifice usually do so because of what concern(s)?
(a) Duty to family.
(b) Caring what other people think.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) A good reputation.
13. Why did Hera get married?
(a) Hera's husband kidnapped her and forced her into marrying him.
(b) Hera resisted her husband's amorous advances until he agreed to be her husband.
(c) Hera's father forced her to marry her husband.
(d) Hera and her husband had to get married to preserve the purity of the Olympian bloodline.
14. In Book 2, Chapter 11, the author uses what prominent female as an example?
(a) Hillary Clinton.
(b) Florence Nightingale.
(c) Lou Salome.
(d) Marie Curie.
15. Where did Persephone's kidnapper take her?
(c) Her whereabouts were unknown.
(d) The Underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, in a woman's personality, might the goddess archetypes operate?
2. What was written on the item Eris threw?
3. The author uses what type of woman as an example of an Aphrodite woman?
4. What item did Eris throw into the middle of the party?
5. In Book 2, Chapter 11, the author compares people to what?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)