|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what initially inspires many heroines?
(a) The need to be recognized.
(b) The desire to be successful.
(c) The desire to find others like themselves.
(d) The need to be needed.
2. Demeter is the patron goddess of what group of people?
3. Who was Hera's husband?
4. What emotions are part of Demeter's story?
(b) A need for help.
(c) All answers are correct.
5. The woman used as an example in Book 2, Chapter 11, had what sort of relationships with men?
(a) She was a feminist who hated men.
(b) She had intimacies but never married.
(c) She was married and divorced several times.
(d) She was happily married for many years.
6. According to the author, Aphrodite is most similar to what other goddess?
7. Who decreed that the dispute between the goddesses should be settled by a mortal?
8. According to the author, what happens to non-heroines?
(a) They are often repressed and looked down upon by heroines.
(b) They don't have rewarding intimate relationships.
(c) They are depressed, and emotionally unstable.
(d) They go along with others to such a degree that they cease to live their own lives.
9. What role do the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7, play?
(c) Any combination of the three.
10. The woman used as an example in Book 2, Chapter 11, works in what field?
11. What defines the character of a heroine?
(a) Her intimate relationships.
(b) Her genetics and lineage.
(c) Her physical and emotional strength.
(d) Her decisions and choices.
12. How many consorts did Demeter's mate have before her?
13. What is the first chapter about Aphrodite called?
(a) "The Alchemical Goddess."
(b) "Goddess of Love."
(c) "Aphrodite and Hephaestus."
(d) "Aphrodite, the Transformative Goddess."
14. The author feels that the goddesses are a great reminder, especially for women in a generation where they were encouraged to do what?
(a) Have smaller families.
(b) Suppress their emotions.
(c) Be accomplished.
(d) Enlist in the armed forces.
15. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 7?
(a) "The Virgin Goddesses."
(b) "The Vulnerable Goddesses."
(c) "The Maternal Goddesses."
(d) "The Transformative Goddesses."
Short Answer Questions
1. People who make intentional choices with regard to self-sacrifice usually do so because of what concern(s)?
2. Eris is the Greek goddess of what?
3. Who kidnapped Persephone?
4. What group of women might identify with Hera?
5. Who was the father of Demeter's child?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)