Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hera's husband?
2. How does the heroine appear to others?
(a) As a strange but compelling individual.
(b) As someone who has overcome astonishing odds.
(c) As an extraordinary person that they have trouble relating to.
(d) Like an ordinary person.
3. According to the author, what is part of overcoming depression?
(a) Discovering fulfilling activities.
(b) Developing an understanding of oneself.
(c) Forming new relationships.
(d) A letting go, or renewal.
4. What is the most powerful need for a Demeter woman?
(a) The need for acceptance.
(b) The need to create and be expressive.
(c) The need for challenge.
(d) The need to nurture others.
5. The woman used as an example in Book 2, Chapter 11, works in what field?
6. For the woman used as an example in Book 2, Chapter 11, what is the correlation between her relationships with men and her career success?
(a) She would have had greater success if her promiscuity had not tarnished her reputation.
(b) She was well-respected, in part due to her stable relationships and this contributed to her success.
(c) There is no indication that her career would have been affected had she been married.
(d) She had a great deal of success because people were always curious about her scandalous activities.
7. What food did Persephone's kidnapper offer to her?
(b) Pomegranate seeds.
8. What was the most powerful and influential bond in Demeter's life?
(a) The bond with her mate.
(b) The maternal bond.
(c) The bond with her sisters.
(d) The bond with her friends.
9. Who fought over the item that Eris tossed into the party?
(a) Hera, Aphrodite, and Athena.
(b) Athena, Persephone, and Hestia.
(c) Hera, Athena, and Demeter.
(d) Hera, Artemis, and Athena.
10. Eris wasn't invited to what kind of party?
(a) A baby shower.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) An anniversary dinner.
(d) A wedding party.
11. Hera's husband was also her what?
12. What technique did all of the goddesses attempt to win the contest?
13. How many generations of incestuous relationships are detailed in Greek mythology?
14. What is NOT a suggestion, made by author, for ways a Demeter woman can avoid depression?
(a) Become a mother but avoid marriage.
(b) Be able to set boundaries and stick to them.
(c) Nurture other goddess archetypes within herself.
(d) Recognize and express her true emotions.
15. Who arrived with a message, regarding Persephone, for Persephone's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What defines the character of a heroine?
2. Why did Hera get married?
3. Why might some women feel sorry for Hera?
4. According to the author, what initially inspires many heroines?
5. Hera is the first of a group of goddesses described as what?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)