|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goddess Eris's role in women's lives?
(a) Fostering relationships between women and those closest to them.
(b) Creating discord within a woman's self, or between her and others.
(c) Helping women to understand their personal needs.
(d) Allowing women to be independent and self-sufficient.
2. What food did Persephone's kidnapper offer to her?
(b) Pomegranate seeds.
3. How do Demeter women view marriage?
(a) As their ultimate goal in life.
(b) As a means to becoming a mother.
(c) As a way to be spiritually united with their lover.
(d) As an inconvenience and a bore.
4. Non-heroines are governed by what goddesses?
5. What is the first chapter about Aphrodite called?
(a) "Goddess of Love."
(b) "The Alchemical Goddess."
(c) "Aphrodite and Hephaestus."
(d) "Aphrodite, the Transformative Goddess."
6. What requires vulnerability to exist?
(a) Healthy relationships.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Healthy sex lives.
(d) Healthy intimacies.
7. What defines the character of a heroine?
(a) Her physical and emotional strength.
(b) Her intimate relationships.
(c) Her genetics and lineage.
(d) Her decisions and choices.
8. According to the author, what is part of overcoming depression?
(a) Forming new relationships.
(b) Discovering fulfilling activities.
(c) A letting go, or renewal.
(d) Developing an understanding of oneself.
9. Hera is the first of a group of goddesses described as what?
10. What is NOT a suggestion, made by author, for ways a Demeter woman can avoid depression?
(a) Recognize and express her true emotions.
(b) Be able to set boundaries and stick to them.
(c) Nurture other goddess archetypes within herself.
(d) Become a mother but avoid marriage.
11. Who was the father of Demeter's child?
12. Who was the mortal man selected to settle the dispute among the goddesses?
(b) Marcus Aurelius.
13. Who arrived with a message, regarding Persephone, for Persephone's mother?
14. According to Book 2, Chapter 7, having healthy relationships helps to prevent a woman from becoming what?
(a) A workaholic.
15. What was the most powerful and influential bond in Demeter's life?
(a) The bond with her friends.
(b) The bond with her mate.
(c) The maternal bond.
(d) The bond with her sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many generations of incestuous relationships are detailed in Greek mythology?
2. The author assumes that, for many readers, vulnerability is closely associated with what?
3. What sort of term is "heroine"?
4. In Book 2, Chapter 11, the author uses what prominent female as an example?
5. Where, in a woman's personality, might the goddess archetypes operate?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)