|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role do the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7, play?
(a) Any combination of the three.
2. How do Demeter women view marriage?
(a) As an inconvenience and a bore.
(b) As a means to becoming a mother.
(c) As their ultimate goal in life.
(d) As a way to be spiritually united with their lover.
3. Persephone had an extramarital affair with whom?
4. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 7?
(a) "The Transformative Goddesses."
(b) "The Vulnerable Goddesses."
(c) "The Virgin Goddesses."
(d) "The Maternal Goddesses."
5. Who arrived with a message, regarding Persephone, for Persephone's mother?
6. Persephone's father was also her what?
7. The author assumes that, for many readers, vulnerability is closely associated with what?
8. The author states that Aphrodite helps people come closer to what state?
(a) Their golden state.
(b) Their home state.
(c) Their ideal state.
(d) Their resting state.
9. What sort of term is "heroine"?
10. Who was the father of Demeter's child?
11. Hera's husband was also her what?
12. According to Book 2, Chapter 7, what group of women would be associated with the goddesses in the previous chapter?
(a) Homosexual women.
(b) Mature women.
(c) Elderly women.
(d) Adolescent women.
13. What is NOT a suggestion, made by author, for ways a Demeter woman can avoid depression?
(a) Nurture other goddess archetypes within herself.
(b) Be able to set boundaries and stick to them.
(c) Recognize and express her true emotions.
(d) Become a mother but avoid marriage.
14. What item did Eris throw into the middle of the party?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A pomegranate.
(c) An apple.
(d) A rose.
15. Eris is the Greek goddess of what?
(a) Hunting and wisdom.
(b) Grain and harvest.
(c) Love and friendship.
(d) Strife and discord.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is part of overcoming depression?
2. Who ordered Persephone's return?
3. Where were most of Demeter's maternal energies directed?
4. When presented with the reality of her situation, Persephone agreed to do what?
5. Which goddess did the mortal man select as the winner?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)