|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship is most important to an Athena woman?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her spouse.
2. Which group of people are NOT mentioned in Book 2, Chapter 6, in conjunction with the virgin goddess Hestia?
(a) Post-menopausal women.
(d) Pre-pubescent children.
3. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she tries to apply the archetypes to what?
(a) Modern religion.
(c) Jungian theory.
(d) The lives of real women.
4. Artemis was the first-born of what?
(a) Six girls.
(b) A set of triplets.
(c) Three girls and two boys.
(d) A set of twins.
5. Book 2, Chapter 1 begins with a look at the formation of what?
(a) Intimate bonds.
(d) Likes and dislikes.
6. How many male gods fell in love with Hestia?
7. How long had the author had her own mental health practice when she wrote the first edition of Goddesses in Everywoman?
(a) She had not yet opened her own practice.
(b) She has never had her own practice.
(c) She opened her practice when the book was published.
(d) She had her own practice for a while.
8. Who was Artemis' mother?
9. Who was Athena's father?
10. The same emotion that is triggered by having a baby can also be triggered by what?
(a) Caring for someone who is injured.
(b) Other people's babies.
11. What is the author's degree?
12. What did other women help the author to do?
(a) Write her book.
(b) Open up.
(c) Earn her Ph.D.
(d) Be comfortable with herself.
13. This edition of the text was written how many years after the first publication?
14. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 2?
15. In Book 2, Chapter 1, the author states that having a baby can trigger what?
(b) Post-partum depression.
(c) Maternal instinct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Athena born?
2. What is the second of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
3. Who was Athena's mother?
4. The author is most familiar with what type of psychology?
5. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)