|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goddesses are written about in each chapter?
2. Athena was the patron goddess of what city?
3. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
(a) Feminine and masculine.
(b) Active and inactive.
(c) Dominant and repressed.
(d) Necessary and superfluous.
4. What did Athena typically wear?
(a) Plate mail armor and a shield.
(b) Men's clothing.
(c) A short running tunic.
(d) A beautiful white dress.
5. Who was Athena's mother?
(a) She didn't have one.
6. The patterns and qualities discussed in Book 2, Chapter 2, are part of what?
(a) They are part of the atmosphere and part of nothing at the same time.
(b) They are part of the psyche.
(c) They are part of the spiritual realm.
(d) They are part of the universal consciousness.
7. A woman can be helped and hindered by what forces?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She can be helped by herself and society.
(c) She can be helped by society, but hindered by herself.
(d) She can be helped by herself, but hindered by society.
8. When was Apollo born?
(a) Nine months after Artemis.
(b) Six months after Artemis.
(c) One year before Artemis.
(d) Nine days and nights after Artemis.
9. The author divides the goddesses in her book into how many categories?
10. The author writes about how many goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
11. How many goddesses are in the first group?
12. According to the author, what is often misinterpreted?
(a) The differences between male and female archetypes.
(b) The differences between the personalities of different women.
(c) The signals women send to one another.
(d) The hormonal changes that affect a woman's mood.
13. For what weapon did Artemis ask her father?
(a) Bow and arrow.
14. The same emotion that is triggered by having a baby can also be triggered by what?
(a) Caring for someone who is injured.
(c) Other people's babies.
15. According to the author, how do Hestian women feel about sex?
(a) They enjoy it and don't like going for long periods of time without it.
(b) They don't like to talk about it.
(c) They enjoy it but are comfortable without it for long periods of time.
(d) They don't enjoy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, Artemis' type of self-imposed exile occurs whenever women join what type of organization?
2. How many goddesses are in the second group?
3. Book 2, Chapter, 3 is devoted to which group of goddesses?
4. Who was Artemis' father?
5. What was the explanation for Athena's seemingly odd companions?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)