|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's degree?
2. The author is most familiar with what type of psychology?
3. Hestia is the goddess of what?
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The hearth.
4. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
(a) Her mother and father were not married.
(b) She also has a twin brother.
(c) She is wise and a huntress.
(d) She has the same mother.
5. How was Athena born?
(a) She rose from a wave.
(b) She was created from her brother's rib.
(c) She was delivered by Caesarian section.
(d) She sprang from Zeus' forehead.
6. How many male gods fell in love with Hestia?
7. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) "Goddesses in Everywoman."
(b) "Goddesses as Archetypes."
(c) "Goddesses in Everyday Life."
(d) "Goddesses as Inner Images."
8. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she devotes the rest of Book 2 to doing what with the goddesses?
(a) Showing the ways in which they are outdated and don't apply to modern society.
(b) Evaluating them, in-depth.
(c) Determining the symbolism of their respective mythos.
(d) Disproving their stories.
9. Book 2, Chapter, 3 is devoted to which group of goddesses?
(a) The virgin goddesses.
(b) The vulnerable goddesses.
(c) The maternal goddesses.
(d) The transformative goddesses.
10. Which archetypes have to be triggered?
11. Who is the author of Goddesses in Everywoman?
(a) Jean Binoda Sholen.
(b) Jean Shinoa Blone.
(c) Jean Shinoda Bolen.
(d) Gene Shinoda Bolan.
12. Artemis asked her father for what item to help her run?
(a) A short tunic.
(b) Wings on her feet.
(c) A water flask.
(d) Running shoes.
13. According to the author in Chapter 1, it is important for women to know their own what?
14. Who helped with Athena's birth?
15. An Athena woman is the most apt to be able to survive what?
(b) The death of a loved one.
(c) A cheating spouse.
(d) Physical injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goddesses are in the second group?
2. Who did Artemis want for her companions?
3. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
4. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she tries to apply the archetypes to what?
5. How many of Artemis' wishes did her father grant?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)