|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described, by the author as a means of empowerment and self-care for women?
(d) Having children.
2. Instead of martial vows, Hestia gained what special privilege?
(a) She outlived all of the other goddesses.
(b) She had the most offerings in her name.
(c) She was exceptionally good at hunting.
(d) She had a beautiful singing voice.
3. About what did the author have to wait to write a book?
(c) Mature women.
4. Why does the author contrast the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) She is afraid readers will get them confused with one another.
(b) She doesn't want readers to think they are all the same.
(c) She doesn't think their similarities are important.
(d) Their differences are therapeutically relevant, whereas their similarities aren't.
5. How many books did the author write before this one?
(d) A few.
6. Artemis was the first-born of what?
(a) A set of twins.
(b) A set of triplets.
(c) Six girls.
(d) Three girls and two boys.
7. How many goddesses does the author include in this book?
8. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
(a) Necessary and superfluous.
(b) Feminine and masculine.
(c) Active and inactive.
(d) Dominant and repressed.
9. Athena is the goddess of what quality?
10. What is the first of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
(a) The fact that her husband didn't spend enough time with her.
(b) The fact that she isn't good-looking enough.
(c) The fact that she is unaware of the situation.
(d) The fact that she had made a mistake.
11. The author differentiates between the "inner goddess" and the what?
(a) Inner god.
(d) Outer goddess.
12. A woman can be helped and hindered by what forces?
(a) She can be helped by herself and society.
(b) She can be helped by society, but hindered by herself.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) She can be helped by herself, but hindered by society.
13. What is the first group of goddesses called?
(a) Maternal goddesses.
(b) Virgin goddesses.
(c) Vulnerable goddesses.
(d) Transformative goddesses.
14. According to the author in Chapter 1, it is important for women to know their own what?
15. The author divides the goddesses in her book into how many categories?
Short Answer Questions
1. Athena was the patron goddess of what city?
2. What is the second of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
3. Who was Athena's father?
4. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. How many of Artemis' wishes did her father grant?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)