|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The same emotion that is triggered by having a baby can also be triggered by what?
(c) Other people's babies.
(d) Caring for someone who is injured.
2. Why does the author choose to incorporate knowledge of the goddesses into her book?
(a) Because categorizing women's personalities using the goddesses helps them identify other women with similar characteristics, to whom they can relate.
(b) Because religion helps people find their reasons for living.
(c) Because she is a firm believer in the mythos and gods of the ancient pantheons.
(d) Because the goddesses embody certain characteristics that every woman has.
3. A woman can be helped and hindered by what forces?
(a) She can be helped by society, but hindered by herself.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) She can be helped by herself and society.
(d) She can be helped by herself, but hindered by society.
4. Who caused the male gods to fall in love with Hestia?
5. The theory discussed in Cook 2, Chapter 2 postulates that there are what types of patterns and qualities?
6. The author uses what "true life" example in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Doctors bonding with the babies they delivered.
(b) Nurses bonding with other women's infants.
(c) Nannies bonding with their employers' children.
(d) Social workers bonding with their clients.
7. The author is most familiar with what type of psychology?
8. Which archetypes have to be triggered?
9. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) "Goddesses in Everywoman."
(b) "Goddesses as Inner Images."
(c) "Goddesses as Archetypes."
(d) "Goddesses in Everyday Life."
10. According to the author, Artemis' type of self-imposed exile occurs whenever women join what type of organization?
11. What term does the author use for forces of society?
(a) External forces.
(b) Societal forces.
(c) Omega forces.
(d) Outer forces.
12. Every Greek city-state had a mass what?
(b) Feeding ground.
(d) Food store.
13. What term does the author use for forces of self?
(a) Inner forces.
(b) Alpha forces.
(c) Internal forces.
(d) Natural forces.
14. About what did the author have to wait to write a book?
(c) Mature women.
15. Who was Artemis' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
2. What was the explanation for Athena's seemingly odd companions?
3. What is the second metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
4. When was Apollo born?
5. Instead of martial vows, Hestia gained what special privilege?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)