|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second group of goddesses called?
(a) Virgin goddesses.
(b) Maternal goddesses.
(c) Transformative goddesses.
(d) Vulnerable goddesses.
2. What sad truth does the author unveil in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Some women give birth and discover they don't have a bond with their own baby.
(b) Some women never form a special, intimate bond with a child.
(c) When a woman forms this bond with someone else's child, it is hard for her to recover.
(d) Some women lose their babies and never have a special bond with their other children.
3. Instead of martial vows, Hestia gained what special privilege?
(a) She outlived all of the other goddesses.
(b) She was exceptionally good at hunting.
(c) She had a beautiful singing voice.
(d) She had the most offerings in her name.
4. Is the triggering of archetypes a good thing?
(c) Often, no.
(d) Often, yes.
5. What is the main subject of Book 2?
(d) Romantic relationships.
6. The author is most familiar with what type of psychology?
7. Artemis is the goddess of what activity?
8. Artemis asked her father for what animals as companions?
9. The author writes about how many goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
10. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
(a) She is wise and a huntress.
(b) Her mother and father were not married.
(c) She has the same mother.
(d) She also has a twin brother.
11. Who was Athena's mother?
(d) She didn't have one.
12. What was the last thing Artemis requested from her father?
(a) Separation from her mother.
(b) A new home.
(c) Skill with weapons.
(d) Permanent chastity.
13. What was the explanation for Athena's seemingly odd companions?
(a) She preferred mortals over gods.
(b) She preferred animals over people.
(c) She prided herself on resisting temptation.
(d) There isn't one, really.
14. Which group of people are NOT mentioned in Book 2, Chapter 6, in conjunction with the virgin goddess Hestia?
(a) Post-menopausal women.
(b) Pre-pubescent children.
15. Why does the author choose to incorporate knowledge of the goddesses into her book?
(a) Because categorizing women's personalities using the goddesses helps them identify other women with similar characteristics, to whom they can relate.
(b) Because she is a firm believer in the mythos and gods of the ancient pantheons.
(c) Because the goddesses embody certain characteristics that every woman has.
(d) Because religion helps people find their reasons for living.
Short Answer Questions
1. Artemis asked her father for what item to help her run?
2. This edition of the text was written how many years after the first publication?
3. What is the second metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
4. According to the author, Artemis' type of self-imposed exile occurs whenever women join what type of organization?
5. When was Apollo born?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)