|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
(a) She wanted to spend all her time with other women.
(b) She found it too tempting to be around men.
(c) She had an argument with the city's patron deity.
(d) She was banished.
2. How many goddesses are in the third group?
3. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
4. When inhabitants of a city-state left to form a new village, what did they take with them?
(a) A piece of their temple.
(b) Their animals.
(c) A piece of sacred fire.
(d) A piece of stone from their home.
5. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
(a) When personality types that tend to clash are confronted with one another.
(b) When a woman's inner goddess is not in harmony with her psychological state.
(c) When women who are dominated by two different goddesses meet.
(d) When a woman's emotional needs are not being met.
6. How long had the author had her own mental health practice when she wrote the first edition of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i>?
(a) She had her own practice for a while.
(b) She has never had her own practice.
(c) She opened her practice when the book was published.
(d) She had not yet opened her own practice.
7. According to the author, what should be considered for a healthy relationship?
(b) Sexual natures and behavior.
(c) Sexual natures.
8. Why did the author of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i> choose to write this book?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) To help and empower women.
(c) To gain exposure for her own practice.
(d) To promote Jungian psychology.
9. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) "Goddesses as Archetypes."
(b) "Goddesses in Everywoman."
(c) "Goddesses as Inner Images."
(d) "Goddesses in Everyday Life."
10. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
(a) Her mother and father were not married.
(b) She also has a twin brother.
(c) She is wise and a huntress.
(d) She has the same mother.
11. Book 2, Chapter 2, focuses on a particular of what type of therapy?
(a) Limited exposure.
(c) Behavioral modification.
12. Who helped with Athena's birth?
13. Who caused the male gods to fall in love with Hestia?
14. How many books did the author write before this one?
(d) A few.
15. How did Hestia respond to the advances of the male gods?
(a) She accepted both and split her time evenly between them.
(b) She accepted the first and rejected the second.
(c) She rejected them both.
(d) She rejected the first and accepted the second.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what weapon did Artemis ask her father?
2. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
3. The theory discussed in Cook 2, Chapter 2 postulates that there are what types of patterns and qualities?
4. This edition of the text was written how many years after the first publication?
5. Hestia is described as what?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)