|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described, by the author as a means of empowerment and self-care for women?
(b) Having children.
2. How many goddesses are in the second group?
3. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
4. Why does the author choose to incorporate knowledge of the goddesses into her book?
(a) Because the goddesses embody certain characteristics that every woman has.
(b) Because categorizing women's personalities using the goddesses helps them identify other women with similar characteristics, to whom they can relate.
(c) Because religion helps people find their reasons for living.
(d) Because she is a firm believer in the mythos and gods of the ancient pantheons.
5. How did the author get her hypothesis for effective treatment?
(a) She read it in a psychiatric journal.
(b) She meditated on what the best practice would be.
(c) She got feedback from other practitioners.
(d) She experimented with different techniques.
6. What is the third group of goddesses called?
(a) Maternal goddesses.
(b) Virgin goddesses.
(c) Transformative goddesses.
(d) Vulnerable goddesses.
7. According to the author, Artemis' type of self-imposed exile occurs whenever women join what type of organization?
8. According to the author, what is the most important factor for treating her patients with success?
(a) Her clinical knowledge.
(b) The power of mythic figures.
(c) All three should be integrated.
(d) Her personal experiences.
9. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 2?
10. How did the assistant help with Athena's birth?
(a) By hitting Athena's father in the head with an axe.
(b) By putting Athena's mother into a deep, temporary sleep.
(c) By pulling Athena's body from the earth.
(d) By helping to build Athena from clay.
11. The author uses what "true life" example in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Nannies bonding with their employers' children.
(b) Doctors bonding with the babies they delivered.
(c) Social workers bonding with their clients.
(d) Nurses bonding with other women's infants.
12. Book 2, Chapter 2, focuses on a particular of what type of therapy?
(a) Limited exposure.
(b) Behavioral modification.
13. What word is used to describe the goddesses' role in this book?
14. The author divides the goddesses in her book into how many categories?
15. In Book 2, Chapter 1, the author states that having a baby can trigger what?
(a) Post-partum depression.
(d) Maternal instinct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Artemis want for her companions?
2. What sad truth does the author unveil in Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. Which archetypes have to be triggered?
4. Artemis was the first-born of what?
5. Why does the author contrast the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)