|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the author use for forces of society?
(a) External forces.
(b) Omega forces.
(c) Outer forces.
(d) Societal forces.
2. In Book 2, Chapter 1, the author states that having a baby can trigger what?
(a) Post-partum depression.
(b) Maternal instinct.
3. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. What was the explanation for Athena's seemingly odd companions?
(a) There isn't one, really.
(b) She preferred mortals over gods.
(c) She preferred animals over people.
(d) She prided herself on resisting temptation.
5. What did Athena typically wear?
(a) Men's clothing.
(b) A short running tunic.
(c) A beautiful white dress.
(d) Plate mail armor and a shield.
6. According to the author, what should be considered for a healthy relationship?
(a) Sexual natures and behavior.
(d) Sexual natures.
7. Who caused the male gods to fall in love with Hestia?
8. What type of mental health practitioner was the author?
(a) Social worker.
9. How many male gods fell in love with Hestia?
10. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) "Goddesses in Everyday Life."
(b) "Goddesses as Archetypes."
(c) "Goddesses in Everywoman."
(d) "Goddesses as Inner Images."
11. For what weapon did Artemis ask her father?
(a) Bow and arrow.
12. Who is the author of Goddesses in Everywoman?
(a) Gene Shinoda Bolan.
(b) Jean Binoda Sholen.
(c) Jean Shinoa Blone.
(d) Jean Shinoda Bolen.
13. How many goddesses are in the third group?
14. A woman can be helped and hindered by what forces?
(a) She can be helped by herself and society.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) She can be helped by society, but hindered by herself.
(d) She can be helped by herself, but hindered by society.
15. Who was Athena's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
2. What is the first group of goddesses called?
3. The patterns and qualities discussed in Book 2, Chapter 2, are part of what?
4. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she devotes the rest of Book 2 to doing what with the goddesses?
5. What relationship is most important to an Athena woman?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)