|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what did the author have to wait to write a book?
(d) Mature women.
2. Who helped with Athena's birth?
3. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
(a) Active and inactive.
(b) Feminine and masculine.
(c) Dominant and repressed.
(d) Necessary and superfluous.
4. What is the first metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
(a) The development of a fetus.
(b) The growth of crystals.
(c) Starting a car.
(d) The formation of glaciers.
5. How was Athena born?
(a) She was created from her brother's rib.
(b) She was delivered by Caesarian section.
(c) She rose from a wave.
(d) She sprang from Zeus' forehead.
6. What term does the author use for forces of society?
(a) Outer forces.
(b) Omega forces.
(c) Societal forces.
(d) External forces.
7. The author is most familiar with what type of psychology?
8. Who were Athena's usual companions?
(b) Men or boys.
(d) Other goddesses.
9. The author uses what "true life" example in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Nurses bonding with other women's infants.
(b) Nannies bonding with their employers' children.
(c) Doctors bonding with the babies they delivered.
(d) Social workers bonding with their clients.
10. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 2?
11. Every Greek city-state had a mass what?
(b) Feeding ground.
(c) Food store.
12. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
(a) When personality types that tend to clash are confronted with one another.
(b) When a woman's inner goddess is not in harmony with her psychological state.
(c) When women who are dominated by two different goddesses meet.
(d) When a woman's emotional needs are not being met.
13. What relationship is most important to an Athena woman?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Her spouse.
14. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
(a) She also has a twin brother.
(b) She is wise and a huntress.
(c) She has the same mother.
(d) Her mother and father were not married.
15. Who was Artemis' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Apollo born?
2. What is the author's degree?
3. Who is the author of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i>?
4. How many of Artemis' wishes did her father grant?
5. Book 2, Chapter 1 begins with a look at the formation of what?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)