|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
(a) The fact that she is unaware of the situation.
(b) The fact that she had made a mistake.
(c) The fact that she isn't good-looking enough.
(d) The fact that her husband didn't spend enough time with her.
2. What is the second group of goddesses called?
(a) Maternal goddesses.
(b) Virgin goddesses.
(c) Transformative goddesses.
(d) Vulnerable goddesses.
3. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she tries to apply the archetypes to what?
(a) The lives of real women.
(c) Modern religion.
(d) Jungian theory.
4. The author is most familiar with what type of psychology?
5. Artemis was the first-born of what?
(a) A set of triplets.
(b) A set of twins.
(c) Three girls and two boys.
(d) Six girls.
6. How many goddesses are in the second group?
7. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she devotes the rest of Book 2 to doing what with the goddesses?
(a) Disproving their stories.
(b) Showing the ways in which they are outdated and don't apply to modern society.
(c) Evaluating them, in-depth.
(d) Determining the symbolism of their respective mythos.
8. How was Athena born?
(a) She rose from a wave.
(b) She was created from her brother's rib.
(c) She was delivered by Caesarian section.
(d) She sprang from Zeus' forehead.
9. Who is the author of Goddesses in Everywoman?
(a) Jean Shinoda Bolen.
(b) Jean Shinoa Blone.
(c) Gene Shinoda Bolan.
(d) Jean Binoda Sholen.
10. Athena was the patron goddess of what city?
11. According to Cook 2, Chapter 2, the goddess archetypes are at work where?
(a) In every woman and in every culture.
(b) Nowhere, because they are archaic.
(c) Only in the women who recognize them.
(d) Only in the cultures where they originated.
12. What is the third group of goddesses called?
(a) Maternal goddesses.
(b) Transformative goddesses.
(c) Vulnerable goddesses.
(d) Virgin goddesses.
13. Is the triggering of archetypes a good thing?
(a) Often, yes.
(b) Often, no.
14. What is the main subject of Book 2?
(a) Romantic relationships.
15. The author divides the goddesses in her book into how many categories?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last thing Artemis requested from her father?
2. According to the author, Artemis' type of self-imposed exile occurs whenever women join what type of organization?
3. Who was Athena's father?
4. When was Apollo born?
5. What word is used to describe the goddesses' role in this book?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)