|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 2, Chapter 1, the author states that having a baby can trigger what?
(b) Maternal instinct.
(d) Post-partum depression.
2. What relationship is most important to an Athena woman?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her spouse.
(d) Her children.
3. Who helped with Athena's birth?
4. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 2?
5. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
(a) She had an argument with the city's patron deity.
(b) She wanted to spend all her time with other women.
(c) She was banished.
(d) She found it too tempting to be around men.
6. How did the assistant help with Athena's birth?
(a) By pulling Athena's body from the earth.
(b) By putting Athena's mother into a deep, temporary sleep.
(c) By hitting Athena's father in the head with an axe.
(d) By helping to build Athena from clay.
7. The author differentiates between the "inner goddess" and the what?
(a) Outer goddess.
(b) Inner god.
8. How many of Artemis' wishes did her father grant?
(d) All of them.
9. How was Athena born?
(a) She rose from a wave.
(b) She was created from her brother's rib.
(c) She sprang from Zeus' forehead.
(d) She was delivered by Caesarian section.
10. According to Cook 2, Chapter 2, the goddess archetypes are at work where?
(a) Only in the women who recognize them.
(b) Nowhere, because they are archaic.
(c) In every woman and in every culture.
(d) Only in the cultures where they originated.
11. What sad truth does the author unveil in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Some women give birth and discover they don't have a bond with their own baby.
(b) When a woman forms this bond with someone else's child, it is hard for her to recover.
(c) Some women never form a special, intimate bond with a child.
(d) Some women lose their babies and never have a special bond with their other children.
12. What is the first metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
(a) The formation of glaciers.
(b) Starting a car.
(c) The growth of crystals.
(d) The development of a fetus.
13. The same emotion that is triggered by having a baby can also be triggered by what?
(b) Caring for someone who is injured.
(c) Other people's babies.
14. Who was Athena's father?
15. What is the third group of goddesses called?
(a) Virgin goddesses.
(b) Vulnerable goddesses.
(c) Transformative goddesses.
(d) Maternal goddesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hestia is the goddess of what?
2. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
3. What is the second metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
4. How many books did the author write before this one?
5. Who was Artemis' mother?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)