|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who caused the male gods to fall in love with Hestia?
2. The author uses what "true life" example in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Nurses bonding with other women's infants.
(b) Doctors bonding with the babies they delivered.
(c) Social workers bonding with their clients.
(d) Nannies bonding with their employers' children.
3. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
(a) When a woman's emotional needs are not being met.
(b) When a woman's inner goddess is not in harmony with her psychological state.
(c) When women who are dominated by two different goddesses meet.
(d) When personality types that tend to clash are confronted with one another.
4. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
(a) Necessary and superfluous.
(b) Feminine and masculine.
(c) Dominant and repressed.
(d) Active and inactive.
5. Who was Athena's mother?
(c) She didn't have one.
6. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she devotes the rest of Book 2 to doing what with the goddesses?
(a) Showing the ways in which they are outdated and don't apply to modern society.
(b) Determining the symbolism of their respective mythos.
(c) Disproving their stories.
(d) Evaluating them, in-depth.
7. What is the first group of goddesses called?
(a) Virgin goddesses.
(b) Maternal goddesses.
(c) Transformative goddesses.
(d) Vulnerable goddesses.
8. Who is the author of Goddesses in Everywoman?
(a) Jean Binoda Sholen.
(b) Jean Shinoa Blone.
(c) Jean Shinoda Bolen.
(d) Gene Shinoda Bolan.
9. How many goddesses are in the third group?
10. Every Greek city-state had a mass what?
(b) Food store.
(d) Feeding ground.
11. What is the main subject of Book 2?
(c) Romantic relationships.
12. What word is used to describe the goddesses' role in this book?
13. What is described, by the author as a means of empowerment and self-care for women?
(a) Having children.
14. What is the second of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
(a) The factors that had directly contributed to the dissolution of her marriage.
(b) The fact that everything about her life would be changing.
(c) The fact that she would have to share custody of her children.
(d) The fact that she would lose half of her hard-earned possessions.
15. Artemis asked her father for what animals as companions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Athena's usual companions?
2. About what did the author have to wait to write a book?
3. How many of Artemis' wishes did her father grant?
4. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
5. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)