|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Athena's mother?
(d) She didn't have one.
2. According to the author, what should be considered for a healthy relationship?
(a) Sexual natures and behavior.
(d) Sexual natures.
3. Artemis is the goddess of what activity?
4. What is the first group of goddesses called?
(a) Virgin goddesses.
(b) Maternal goddesses.
(c) Vulnerable goddesses.
(d) Transformative goddesses.
5. According to Cook 2, Chapter 2, the goddess archetypes are at work where?
(a) Only in the cultures where they originated.
(b) In every woman and in every culture.
(c) Only in the women who recognize them.
(d) Nowhere, because they are archaic.
6. How did the author get her hypothesis for effective treatment?
(a) She got feedback from other practitioners.
(b) She experimented with different techniques.
(c) She meditated on what the best practice would be.
(d) She read it in a psychiatric journal.
7. What is described, by the author as a means of empowerment and self-care for women?
(a) Having children.
8. How many goddesses are in the third group?
9. Who was Artemis' father?
10. A woman can be helped and hindered by what forces?
(a) She can be helped by herself and society.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) She can be helped by society, but hindered by herself.
(d) She can be helped by herself, but hindered by society.
11. What sad truth does the author unveil in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Some women lose their babies and never have a special bond with their other children.
(b) Some women never form a special, intimate bond with a child.
(c) When a woman forms this bond with someone else's child, it is hard for her to recover.
(d) Some women give birth and discover they don't have a bond with their own baby.
12. Hestia is the goddess of what?
(a) The bedroom.
(c) The hearth.
13. Athena was the patron goddess of what city?
14. The author uses what "true life" example in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Social workers bonding with their clients.
(b) Nurses bonding with other women's infants.
(c) Doctors bonding with the babies they delivered.
(d) Nannies bonding with their employers' children.
15. Every Greek city-state had a mass what?
(a) Feeding ground.
(b) Food store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books did the author write before this one?
2. What is the first of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
3. What is the author's degree?
4. How many goddesses are in the first group?
5. What is the first metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)