|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An Athena woman is the most apt to be able to survive what?
(a) A cheating spouse.
(b) The death of a loved one.
(c) Physical injury.
2. Is the triggering of archetypes a good thing?
(a) Often, yes.
(c) Often, no.
3. What did other women help the author to do?
(a) Write her book.
(b) Earn her Ph.D.
(c) Open up.
(d) Be comfortable with herself.
4. Who caused the male gods to fall in love with Hestia?
5. How many male gods fell in love with Hestia?
6. Book 2, Chapter, 3 is devoted to which group of goddesses?
(a) The virgin goddesses.
(b) The transformative goddesses.
(c) The vulnerable goddesses.
(d) The maternal goddesses.
7. Why does the author contrast the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) She doesn't think their similarities are important.
(b) Their differences are therapeutically relevant, whereas their similarities aren't.
(c) She is afraid readers will get them confused with one another.
(d) She doesn't want readers to think they are all the same.
8. What is an Athena woman's most likely downfall?
(a) Being unable to care for her children.
(b) Having a poor self-image.
(c) Trying to save a relationship in which her partner has already given up.
(d) Not caring about her looks.
9. In Book 2, Chapter 1, the author states that having a baby can trigger what?
(b) Maternal instinct.
(d) Post-partum depression.
10. What is the second of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
(a) The fact that she would lose half of her hard-earned possessions.
(b) The factors that had directly contributed to the dissolution of her marriage.
(c) The fact that she would have to share custody of her children.
(d) The fact that everything about her life would be changing.
11. Hestia is described as what?
(a) A prude.
(b) Outgoing and friendly.
(c) A wallflower.
(d) A jealous lover.
12. Athena was the patron goddess of what city?
13. According to the author, what is the most important factor for treating her patients with success?
(a) Her personal experiences.
(b) Her clinical knowledge.
(c) The power of mythic figures.
(d) All three should be integrated.
14. Artemis asked her father for what item to help her run?
(a) A short tunic.
(b) Wings on her feet.
(c) A water flask.
(d) Running shoes.
15. Athena is the goddess of what quality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Athena's usual companions?
2. Artemis is the goddess of what activity?
3. Hestia is the goddess of what?
4. In what ways was Athena similar to Artemis?
5. The author divides the goddesses in her book into how many categories?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)