|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The same emotion that is triggered by having a baby can also be triggered by what?
(a) Other people's babies.
(b) Caring for someone who is injured.
2. Every Greek city-state had a mass what?
(a) Feeding ground.
(d) Food store.
3. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
4. With what did Artemis help her mother?
(a) Cooking and household duties.
(b) Carrying water.
(c) Her brother's birth.
(d) Caring for her father.
5. How many goddesses are written about in each chapter?
6. About what did the author have to wait to write a book?
(a) Mature women.
7. Who is the author of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i>?
(a) Gene Shinoda Bolan.
(b) Jean Shinoa Blone.
(c) Jean Binoda Sholen.
(d) Jean Shinoda Bolen.
8. How many books did the author write before this one?
(d) A few.
9. Which group of people are NOT mentioned in Book 2, Chapter 6, in conjunction with the virgin goddess Hestia?
(c) Pre-pubescent children.
(d) Post-menopausal women.
10. What term does the author use for forces of society?
(a) Omega forces.
(b) Societal forces.
(c) External forces.
(d) Outer forces.
11. According to the author, what is often misinterpreted?
(a) The hormonal changes that affect a woman's mood.
(b) The signals women send to one another.
(c) The differences between male and female archetypes.
(d) The differences between the personalities of different women.
12. Artemis asked her father for what item to help her run?
(a) A water flask.
(b) Running shoes.
(c) A short tunic.
(d) Wings on her feet.
13. What is an Athena woman's most likely downfall?
(a) Being unable to care for her children.
(b) Not caring about her looks.
(c) Trying to save a relationship in which her partner has already given up.
(d) Having a poor self-image.
14. Who were Athena's usual companions?
(a) Men or boys.
(c) Other goddesses.
15. What is the second metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
(a) The division of single-celled organisms.
(b) A chemical reaction.
(c) The growth of plants.
(d) Firing a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Athena's father?
2. Is the triggering of archetypes a good thing?
3. What is the first of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
4. What is the main subject of Book 2?
5. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)