|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what is often misinterpreted?
(a) The signals women send to one another.
(b) The differences between the personalities of different women.
(c) The differences between male and female archetypes.
(d) The hormonal changes that affect a woman's mood.
2. How many male gods fell in love with Hestia?
3. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
4. When was Apollo born?
(a) One year before Artemis.
(b) Nine months after Artemis.
(c) Six months after Artemis.
(d) Nine days and nights after Artemis.
5. What is the second group of goddesses called?
(a) Transformative goddesses.
(b) Vulnerable goddesses.
(c) Maternal goddesses.
(d) Virgin goddesses.
6. Who were Athena's usual companions?
(a) Other goddesses.
(b) Men or boys.
7. Who was Artemis' father?
8. Instead of martial vows, Hestia gained what special privilege?
(a) She was exceptionally good at hunting.
(b) She had the most offerings in her name.
(c) She outlived all of the other goddesses.
(d) She had a beautiful singing voice.
9. Book 2, Chapter, 3 is devoted to which group of goddesses?
(a) The virgin goddesses.
(b) The transformative goddesses.
(c) The vulnerable goddesses.
(d) The maternal goddesses.
10. What is the second of two factors that would trouble an Athena woman whose marriage was dissolved?
(a) The factors that had directly contributed to the dissolution of her marriage.
(b) The fact that everything about her life would be changing.
(c) The fact that she would lose half of her hard-earned possessions.
(d) The fact that she would have to share custody of her children.
11. How many goddesses are in the second group?
12. According to the author, Artemis' type of self-imposed exile occurs whenever women join what type of organization?
13. Who did Artemis want for her companions?
(b) Young men.
(c) Older women.
(d) Other goddesses.
14. How was Athena born?
(a) She rose from a wave.
(b) She sprang from Zeus' forehead.
(c) She was delivered by Caesarian section.
(d) She was created from her brother's rib.
15. Who is the author of Goddesses in Everywoman?
(a) Jean Binoda Sholen.
(b) Jean Shinoa Blone.
(c) Jean Shinoda Bolen.
(d) Gene Shinoda Bolan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Book 2, Chapter 2, focuses on a particular of what type of therapy?
2. Which group of people are NOT mentioned in Book 2, Chapter 6, in conjunction with the virgin goddess Hestia?
3. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she tries to apply the archetypes to what?
4. An Athena woman is the most apt to be able to survive what?
5. Every Greek city-state had a mass what?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)