|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which archetypes have to be triggered?
2. How many books did the author write before this one?
(c) A few.
3. What is the first group of goddesses called?
(a) Vulnerable goddesses.
(b) Maternal goddesses.
(c) Transformative goddesses.
(d) Virgin goddesses.
4. How did Hestia respond to the advances of the male gods?
(a) She accepted both and split her time evenly between them.
(b) She accepted the first and rejected the second.
(c) She rejected the first and accepted the second.
(d) She rejected them both.
5. What word is used to describe the goddesses' role in this book?
6. Is the triggering of archetypes a good thing?
(a) Often, no.
(c) Often, yes.
7. What was the explanation for Athena's seemingly odd companions?
(a) She prided herself on resisting temptation.
(b) There isn't one, really.
(c) She preferred mortals over gods.
(d) She preferred animals over people.
8. What relationship is most important to an Athena woman?
(a) Her spouse.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her siblings.
9. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
(a) When women who are dominated by two different goddesses meet.
(b) When a woman's inner goddess is not in harmony with her psychological state.
(c) When a woman's emotional needs are not being met.
(d) When personality types that tend to clash are confronted with one another.
10. Who were Athena's usual companions?
(b) Other goddesses.
(d) Men or boys.
11. Who was Artemis' father?
12. What type of mental health practitioner was the author?
(c) Social worker.
13. Artemis is the goddess of what activity?
14. Which group of people are NOT mentioned in Book 2, Chapter 6, in conjunction with the virgin goddess Hestia?
(c) Pre-pubescent children.
(d) Post-menopausal women.
15. Book 2, Chapter, 3 is devoted to which group of goddesses?
(a) The maternal goddesses.
(b) The transformative goddesses.
(c) The vulnerable goddesses.
(d) The virgin goddesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 1?
2. The author writes about how many goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. When inhabitants of a city-state left to form a new village, what did they take with them?
4. What term does the author use for forces of society?
5. Artemis asked her father for what item to help her run?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)