1. How many years passed between the editions of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i>?
The edition of <i>Goddesses in Everywoman</i> used for this lesson was printed twenty years after the original publication.
2. According to the introductory information, to what is the second portion of the book dedicated?
The second portion of the book is dedicated to an in-depth examination of seven goddesses and their roles as archetypes.
3. According to the author, why do women go into therapy?
According to Jean Shinoda-Bolen, therapy is a means of self-care and self-empowerment for women.
4. By what are women helped and hindered, according to Bolen?
Women are both helped and hindered by the inner and outer forces of self and society.
5. How does the author treat her patients?
The author treats her patients by combining the power of mythic figures, her clinical knowledge, and her experience with the women who helped her open up.
This section contains 2,430 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)