|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Mumpo?
2. Who spends a large amount of time spying on the twins?
3. Who saves Oly and Crystal Lil?
4. What is Iphy's last word?
5. How does Oly calm herself when she thinks that she does not have the courage to continue with her plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Miss Lick gotten the video footage of Miranda?
2. Describe Mumpo.
3. Why did Dr. Phyllis deny the twins what they were asking for?
4. What does Oly see when she hears Chick, Lil, and the twins screaming in the van?
5. Briefly describe what happens when the Bag Man enters the twins' van after becoming engaged to them.
6. What affect does Norval Sanderson have on Arturism?
7. How does Oly's relationship with Miss Lick begin to change in a way that Oly wasn't expecting?
8. Why are the twins placed under house arrest?
9. Explain the business endeavor the twins take on when they turn eighteen.
10. Chapter 19 is more like a scrapbook than typical prose. Name two devices employed, and briefly explain the significance of this unique chapter.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The twins present an interesting relationship as they long to be individuals, but physically share one body. In an essay, discuss how the twins are characterized as individuals in the novel. Then, compare/contrast the ways that their shared body helps/hinders them. Finally, explore the twins' romantic relationships and explain how each suitor affects the each twin's relationship with the other.
Essay Topic 2
Arturism is the cult that Arty starts for his followers which seems very similar to the unusual hobby of Miss Lick. In an essay, explain the beliefs of Arturism and the process that followers must adhere in order to be accepted. Why is Alma Witherspoon's reaction to the process vital to Arty's rise in power? How does Arturism compare to what is seen on Miss Lick's home flicks?
Essay Topic 3
Chick's powers are considered the most valuable and the most dangerous of the Binewski children. In an essay, discuss the way that different family members view Chick, and how they exploit Chick and his abilities. Finally, describe the way that Chick views himself and similarly, how he views his powers.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)