|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose writings compose chapter 19?
2. Who is stealing large limbs from the operating room?
3. How does Oly react to the process of Dr. Phyllis' mutilation?
4. Who does the twins' pimp threaten to tell about their business?
5. How do the twins keep their pimp quiet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Transcendental Maggot booth?
2. Why did Dr. Phyllis deny the twins what they were asking for?
3. How has Miss Lick gotten the video footage of Miranda?
4. Explain Jonathan Tomaini's new role in the twins' adult life.
5. Who is Jessica H?
6. What are Dr. Phyllis' reasons for wanting to create a new method of surgeries for the Admitted?
7. Who is the Pin Kid, and what happens to him?
8. What is the Bag Man's physicality and method of communication?
9. Why are the twins placed under house arrest?
10. What body part does Norval Sanderson gift to Arty, and what are the stories surrounding this body part?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bag Man's arrival to the Binewski Fabulon is a highly significant event. It is as unexpected as it disturbing. In an essay, explain what you know about the course of the Bag Man's life and why he has sought out a job from Arty. Why you believe Arty chose to hire the Bag Man? The Bag Man expresses that he didn't want his children to become freaks. Explain how his actions have helped or hindered his children's psychological maturation.
Essay Topic 2
It seems that the lifestyle of the Binewski family is almost addicting. To the outsider, life within a circus may seem daunting or bizarre, but once these outsiders have experienced the community, many of the characters chose not to leave. Choose one character who was not initially a member of the Binewski family and describe the events that led him/her to be a permanent member of the cast or crew. What characteristics within the family dynamics or circus lifestyle may be appealing to an outsider? Why does the desire to belong affect the members of the Admitted and how does Arty exploits this mentality?
Essay Topic 3
The sick horse that appears on the twins' 14th birthday acts as the machine for many characters to take on new roles in the novel. In an essay, describe the different characters' reactions to seeing the sick horse and the way that either the appearance or the healing of the horse changed the roles of different characters. What does this horse symbolize in the novel?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)