|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lil react when Oly tells her that the family is "dead and gone"?
2. Who is stealing large limbs from the operating room?
3. What is it called when one of the Admitted gives a part of themselves to the religion?
4. Who is Jonathan Tomaini?
5. Who does the twins' pimp threaten to tell about their business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what happens when the Bag Man enters the twins' van after becoming engaged to them.
2. What is the Bag Man's physicality and method of communication?
3. What does Oly see when she hears Chick, Lil, and the twins screaming in the van?
4. Who is Jessica H?
5. Why does Oly kill Miss Lick?
6. How does Arty react to Oly's pregnancy?
7. When they last speak, what does Oly ask Miranda to do?
8. What happens during Dr. Phyllis' surgery on the twins?
9. What affect does Norval Sanderson have on Arturism?
10. Explain the business endeavor the twins take on when they turn eighteen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bag Man's arrival to the Binewski Fabulon is a highly significant event. It is as unexpected as it disturbing. In an essay, explain what you know about the course of the Bag Man's life and why he has sought out a job from Arty. Why you believe Arty chose to hire the Bag Man? The Bag Man expresses that he didn't want his children to become freaks. Explain how his actions have helped or hindered his children's psychological maturation.
Essay Topic 2
Al Binewski has strict rules that the children are to be kept separate from the outside world. There are many reasons for these rules. In an essay, describe two of the reasons why Al may have wanted to keep his children hidden from the townsfolk. Describe two incidents in which the children do come into contact with outsiders, and the outcome of those meetings, and describe the way that isolation has affected one, or more, of the Binewski children.
Essay Topic 3
As the novel progresses, it becomes clearer and clearer that Arty has taken full control of his family. In an essay, explore the progression of Arty's gradual control of the family through the course of the novel. Explain what you think is the psychology behind Arty's need for control. Is he an inherently "bad" person, or is it something deeper that Arty is searching for? Choose one of Arty's siblings and express how his control has affected that sibling's life - either positively or negatively.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)