|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How heavy is the new baby?
(a) Five pounds.
(b) Thirty-eight pounds.
(c) Thirteen pounds.
(d) Twenty-six pounds.
2. What body part is the Bag Man missing?
(a) His testicles.
(b) His legs.
(c) His arms.
(d) His face.
3. Who begins acting as the twins' pimp?
(a) Zephr McGurk.
(b) Vern Bogner.
(c) Jonathan Tomaini.
(d) Horst the Cat Man.
4. What did Chick practice impregnation on?
(a) The giant cats.
(b) The followers of the new religion.
(c) The redheads.
(d) Sanderson's maggots.
5. How does Norval Sanderson claim he lost his body part?
(a) He cut it off.
(b) An animal bit it off.
(c) He lost it in a landmine.
(d) It fell off, diseased.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Norval Sanderson returns to the circus, which body part is he missing?
2. At first, who is the ONLY person allowed to visit the twins during their house arrest?
3. Why does Horst request large amputated limbs?
4. What is Iphy's last word?
5. What does Arty purchase for the followers of the new religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oly's relationship with Miss Lick begin to change in a way that Oly wasn't expecting?
2. How does Chick react to the scene in the twins' van?
3. What does Oly see when she goes to massage Elly's muscles?
4. Describe Mumpo.
5. Explain the process of tithing in Arturism and the significance of calling this process "tithing."
6. Chapter 19 is more like a scrapbook than typical prose. Name two devices employed, and briefly explain the significance of this unique chapter.
7. How does Oly kill Miss Lick?
8. Why are the twins placed under house arrest?
9. Why did Dr. Phyllis deny the twins what they were asking for?
10. What is the Transcendental Maggot booth?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)