|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oly see as being the first real friend she ever had?
(a) Miss Lick.
2. What additional surgery does Dr. Phyllis perform during the twins' surgery?
(a) An abortion.
(b) Breast implants.
(c) A lobotamy.
(d) A double rhinoplasty.
3. Why does Horst request large amputated limbs?
(a) For his personal collection.
(b) To eat.
(c) For the Transcendental Maggot Booth.
(d) To feed to the giant cats.
4. Which is NOT a reason for someone to be turned away from being admitted into Arturism?
(b) Convicted felony.
(c) Chronical illness.
(d) Mental retardation.
5. In whom do the twins confide the truth of their new business?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oly open Miss Lick's locker?
2. Who does Arty ask Oly to remain faithful to?
3. How do the twins keep their pimp quiet?
4. How does Miss Lick get Oly around "the homestead" while she is doing yard work?
5. Who is Oly plotting to murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what happens when the Bag Man enters the twins' van after becoming engaged to them.
2. When they last speak, what does Oly ask Miranda to do?
3. Who is the Pin Kid, and what happens to him?
4. What is the Bag Man's physicality and method of communication?
5. Why did Dr. Phyllis deny the twins what they were asking for?
6. How does Oly kill Miss Lick?
7. How does Oly's relationship with Miss Lick begin to change in a way that Oly wasn't expecting?
8. Chapter 19 is more like a scrapbook than typical prose. Name two devices employed, and briefly explain the significance of this unique chapter.
9. How was the Bag Man affected, mentally and physically, by his wife divorcing him?
10. What are Dr. Phyllis' reasons for wanting to create a new method of surgeries for the Admitted?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)