|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick hear inside the twins' stomach?
(a) A baby growing.
(b) A voice speaking.
(c) Radio static.
(d) Food being digested.
2. How does Miss Lick get Oly around "the homestead" while she is doing yard work?
(a) She makes her walk.
(b) In a wheelbarrow.
(c) Pulls her on a sled behind her.
(d) On her back.
3. What is Iphy's last word?
4. Why was the Bag Man released from jail?
(a) He completed his sentence.
(b) Because of good behavior.
(c) He was exonerated of all charges.
(d) Because of budget cuts.
5. How does Lil react when Oly tells her that the family is "dead and gone"?
(a) She has no reaction.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She slaps Oly.
(d) She begins weeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What household chore does Oly perform for the tenants of her home?
2. To what does Miss Lick compare the women that are her "projects"?
3. Who notices that Elly is recovering from the surgery?
4. What does Iphy name the new baby?
5. Whose lengthy quotes are used to supplement information for the scrapbook collection of chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the Bag Man's spying?
2. What is the Transcendental Maggot booth?
3. How has Miss Lick gotten the video footage of Miranda?
4. Explain the business endeavor the twins take on when they turn eighteen.
5. How does Oly's relationship with Miss Lick begin to change in a way that Oly wasn't expecting?
6. Who is the Pin Kid, and what happens to him?
7. Briefly describe what happens when the Bag Man enters the twins' van after becoming engaged to them.
8. Who is Jessica H?
9. Chapter 19 is more like a scrapbook than typical prose. Name two devices employed, and briefly explain the significance of this unique chapter.
10. What happens during Dr. Phyllis' surgery on the twins?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)