|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oly react to the process of Dr. Phyllis' mutilation?
(a) She begins weeping.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She laughs uncontrollably.
(d) She has no reaction.
2. Who notices that Elly is recovering from the surgery?
(b) No one.
3. What relationship does Jessica H think Miss Lick has with Oly?
(a) She thinks Oly is Miss Lick's business partner.
(b) She thinks Oly is Miss Lick's girlfriend.
(c) She thinks Miss Lick is Oly's mother.
(d) She thinks Oly is one of Miss Lick's projects.
4. What surgery does Arty propose for the twins?
(a) An abortion.
(b) A lobotamy.
(c) A separation.
(d) A double rhinoplasty.
5. What does she steal from Miss Lick's locker?
(a) The video tapes.
(b) Her car keys.
(c) Her wallet.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oly calm herself when she thinks that she does not have the courage to continue with her plan?
2. Who saves Oly and Crystal Lil?
3. Which is NOT a reason for someone to be turned away from being admitted into Arturism?
4. Who saves the family's memorabilia?
5. Aside from journal entries, what type of documentation is utilized in the scrapbook collection of chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the process of tithing in Arturism and the significance of calling this process "tithing."
2. What body part does Norval Sanderson gift to Arty, and what are the stories surrounding this body part?
3. What are Dr. Phyllis' reasons for wanting to create a new method of surgeries for the Admitted?
4. What does Oly see when she goes to massage Elly's muscles?
5. Why does Oly kill Miss Lick?
6. What does Norval report the followers are doing to survive, and how does Arty address this issue?
7. Why did Dr. Phyllis deny the twins what they were asking for?
8. Briefly describe what happens when the Bag Man enters the twins' van after becoming engaged to them.
9. How does Oly kill Miss Lick?
10. How was the Bag Man affected, mentally and physically, by his wife divorcing him?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)