|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to make the task even more difficult for Chick to complete, what is the only tool that Arty allows him to use?
(a) Recycled items found on the circus grounds.
(b) His telekinesis.
(c) His hands.
(d) His imagination.
2. What sick animal does Arty give to the twins for their 14th birthday?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A cat..
3. Why does Crystal Lil take the children into town?
(a) To have them checked out by the town physician.
(b) To purchase material for new costumes.
(c) To interview applicants for the circus.
(d) To treat them to a meal at a restaurant.
4. How old is Chick before Lil can carry him around in her arms?
(a) Lil is never able to hold him.
(b) Three years old.
(c) 18 months old.
(d) Four months old.
5. What is Chick's hidden power?
(a) Telekinetic ability.
(b) Ability to fly.
(c) X-ray vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arty repay Zephr McGurk for the work he does on the show?
2. How does Arty make Oly feel in relation to the family?
3. How are the children treated by the doctors at the hospital?
4. How does Crystal Lil watch television?
5. Who hires Dr. Phyllis to stay on full time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Arty asks Chick to make him a roast beef sandwich?
2. Why is Chick almost abandoned by the Binewski family?
3. What is the unusual offer that Miranda been approached about, and how does she react?
4. How does Zephr McGurk change Arty's show?
5. Who is Alma Witherspoon?
6. How does Arty begin drawing larger crowds to his shows?
7. Why is Dr. Phyllis' hiring significant in Arty's climb to power?
8. Describe the invention that Zephr McGurk brings to Arty.
9. How is the twins' sick horse healed?
10. What happens to the Binewski family in the parking lot of the shopping center?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)