|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Al first utilize Chick's abilities?
(a) He teaches Chick how to play the piano during the twin's show.
(b) He teaches Chick how to pickpocket the crowd.
(c) He teaches Chick how to announce the other shows.
(d) He teaches Chick how to train the giant cats.
2. Which ailment of age does NOT affect Crystal Lil?
(d) Mental instability.
3. What does Lil give Chick permission to do with his powers after he witnesses Mariposa's accident?
(a) To help people.
(b) To make himself rich.
(c) To speak to animals.
(d) To harm people.
4. What is Arty's birth defect?
(a) He has no birth defect.
(b) He was born with a tail.
(c) He is an albino hunchback.
(d) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
5. What is Miranda's birth defect?
(a) She is an albino hunchback.
(b) She has telekenetic powers.
(c) She has no birth defect.
(d) She was born with a tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the Binewski children hiding in a cherry tree?
2. What happens when Chick is hungry and Lil does not come to feed him?
3. What did Dr. Phyllis believe was implanted in her abdomen while she was in medical school?
4. What unusual weather event is happening on the twins' birthday?
5. Why do the children have to go to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Al takes Chick into town?
2. Who is Leona, and what happened to her?
3. Why is Dr. Phyllis' hiring significant in Arty's climb to power?
4. What is the unusual offer that Miranda been approached about, and how does she react?
5. How does Oly gain access to Miss Lick's life?
6. What happens when Arty asks Chick to make him a roast beef sandwich?
7. Why is Chick almost abandoned by the Binewski family?
8. How does Arty begin drawing larger crowds to his shows?
9. What happens when Oly visits Miranda at work?
10. How does the family realize that Chick has special powers?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)