|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arty make Oly feel in relation to the family?
(a) That she isn't as desirable as the rest of the children.
(b) That she is the most freakish.
(c) That she is the glue holding the family together.
(d) That she is the most valuable child.
2. Who does Alma say that she desires to be like?
(b) Dr. Phyllis.
3. Even though Oly spends most of her adulthood in hiding, what does she do spontaneously that seems out of character?
(a) She critiques Miranda's pastries.
(b) She puts on a strip show at the club where Miranda works.
(c) She pretends to drown at the pool where Miranda is a lifeguard.
(d) She jumps into the giant cat cage to save Miranda.
4. What does Dr. Phyllis take over that was initially Al's job?
(a) Medical care of the children.
(b) Hiring of new acts.
(c) Direction of the children's shows.
(d) Marketing for the circus.
5. What is Miranda's birth defect?
(a) She is an albino hunchback.
(b) She has telekenetic powers.
(c) She was born with a tail.
(d) She has no birth defect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lillian say is the greatest gift a parent can give to their children?
2. What does Chick chant when Mariposa, a circus performer, has an accident that injures her and kills her horse?
3. What is the reaction to Chick immediately after his birth?
4. What did Dr. Phyllis believe was implanted in her abdomen while she was in medical school?
5. Who is the first Binewski child to earn their own van?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oly feel guilty after her performance at Miranda's work?
2. What is Arturism?
3. What does Oly keep in the chest in her apartment?
4. What significant event happens on the twins' 14th birthday?
5. Describe Olympia's appearance.
6. What does the article Oly finds tell us about Dr. Phyllis time in medical school?
7. How does Oly gain access to Miss Lick's life?
8. How does Arty begin drawing larger crowds to his shows?
9. Why does Al choose to keep the children separate from the rest of the town folk?
10. Why does Oly visit Miranda in her apartment?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)