|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ailment of age does NOT affect Crystal Lil?
(d) Mental instability.
2. What does Lil give Chick permission to do with his powers after he witnesses Mariposa's accident?
(a) To speak to animals.
(b) To harm people.
(c) To make himself rich.
(d) To help people.
3. What is Miranda's job at this establishment?
(a) She is an exotic dancer.
(b) She is a pastry chef.
(c) She is a giant cat trainer.
(d) She is a lifeguard.
4. Why do the children have to go to the hospital?
(a) To visit patients with rare medical conditions.
(b) To be checked up by doctors who are specialists.
(c) To address wounds from the shooting.
(d) To meet a doctor who wishes to act as a benefactor for the circus.
5. How is Alma Witherspoon described?
(a) Overweight and unattractive.
(b) Overweight but attractive.
(c) Thin and attractive.
(d) Thin but unattractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which alcoholic beverage do Oly and Miss Lick drink together?
2. What is the reaction to Chick immediately after his birth?
3. What is Miranda's birth defect?
4. What is Chick's hidden power?
5. What is Arty's birth defect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Leona, and what happened to her?
2. How does Zephr McGurk change Arty's show?
3. What is the profession of the Binewski family?
4. How does Oly gain access to Miss Lick's life?
5. What is the unusual offer that Miranda been approached about, and how does she react?
6. What significant event happens on the twins' 14th birthday?
7. Describe how we first see Oly's adult life.
8. What happens to the Binewski family in the parking lot of the shopping center?
9. What happens when the children are brought to the hospital?
10. What happens when the children hide out in a cherry tree?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)