|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Zephr McGurk take on in order to stay close to Arty?
2. What is Chick's hidden power?
(b) X-ray vision.
(c) Telekinetic ability.
(d) Ability to fly.
3. What do Al and Lil believe about their children?
(a) That the more freakish they are, the more valuable.
(b) That they hope they will one day live normal lives.
(c) That the ones born "normal" bring them equal joy.
(d) That the more freakish they are, the less valuable.
4. How did the Binewski family children interact with the children of the town?
(a) The Binewski children sold their friendships to the highest paying buyers.
(b) The Binewski children were sent to regular elementary school.
(c) The Binewski children were kept separate from all other children.
(d) The Binewski children put on special shows for neighborhood children.
5. How does Arty repay Zephr McGurk for the work he does on the show?
(a) He fires Zephr.
(b) He gives Zephr women.
(c) He mutliates Zephr.
(d) He pays Zephr in cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Oly tell her mother who she is?
2. Why do the children have to go to the hospital?
3. Which family member does the adult Oly live with?
4. Miranda reveals that she has recently been approached by a woman named Miss Lick with an interesting offer to make money. What does Miranda have to do in this deal?
5. Why does Al regularly take Chick into town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lil Binewski do that is unusual during her pregnancies?
2. What happens when Al takes Chick into town?
3. Describe the invention that Zephr McGurk brings to Arty.
4. How does Oly gain access to Miss Lick's life?
5. What is the profession of the Binewski family?
6. Why does Oly feel guilty after her performance at Miranda's work?
7. How is the twins' sick horse healed?
8. What happens when Oly visits Miranda at work?
9. What happens when the children are brought to the hospital?
10. Why is Dr. Phyllis' hiring significant in Arty's climb to power?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)