|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes with Al to remove the children from the hospital?
(a) Vern Bogner.
(b) Crystal Lil.
(c) Miss Lick.
(d) Horst, the Cat Man.
2. How does Chick react to circus life?
(a) He despises being part of a freak show.
(b) He is nervous that he cannot perform to the caliber of his siblings.
(c) He is bouncing off the walls with excitement.
(d) He is constantly tired.
3. How old is Chick when he begins working for the circus?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Six months old.
(d) Three years old.
4. What do Oly and Miss Lick watch together?
(a) Home videos.
(b) Soap operas.
(c) Sporting events.
(d) Political debates.
5. What does Vern Bogner do when he sees the Binewskis step out of their car?
(a) He mistakenly identifies them as old friends.
(b) He asks for their autographs.
(c) He shoots them.
(d) He ignores them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Oly tell her mother who she is?
2. What problem does Zephr McGurk wish to alleviate for Arty?
3. Why do the children have to go to the hospital?
4. What do Al and Lil believe about their children?
5. What does Miss Lick desire to do with attractive women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oly feel guilty after her performance at Miranda's work?
2. What is the profession of the Binewski family?
3. How does Zephr McGurk change Arty's show?
4. What does the article Oly finds tell us about Dr. Phyllis time in medical school?
5. What is Arturism?
6. Describe Arty's appearance.
7. Why does Al choose to keep the children separate from the rest of the town folk?
8. Who is Leona, and what happened to her?
9. What does Lil Binewski do that is unusual during her pregnancies?
10. What happens when Al takes Chick into town?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)