|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arty begin to grow jealous of young Chick?
(a) Because Chick's powers are the most valuable.
(b) Because Chick appears outwardly normal.
(c) Because he has a larger bedroom.
(d) Because Chick is too young to realize that he is a freak.
2. What is Chick's birth defect?
(a) He is an albino hunchback.
(b) He has telekinetic powers.
(c) He is a Siamese twin.
(d) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
3. How old is Chick before Lil can carry him around in her arms?
(a) Three years old.
(b) 18 months old.
(c) Lil is never able to hold him.
(d) Four months old.
4. How do the Binewski children interact with each other?
(a) They are close friends.
(b) They are too busy to spend time together.
(c) They view each other as co-workers only.
(d) They are enemies.
5. What is the reaction to Chick immediately after his birth?
(a) The family wants to abandon him.
(b) The family is sure he will be their biggest money maker.
(c) The family is pleased with the effects of their latest experiment.
(d) The family is ecstatic to have another child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chick's birth name?
2. How do the rest of the children respond to Dr. Phyllis' new position?
3. Where do the twins hide on their birthday?
4. How does Chick react to the task that Arty makes him perform?
5. Who is Miranda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significant event happens on the twins' 14th birthday?
2. What is the significance of Mariposa and her horse's accident?
3. Who is Alma Witherspoon?
4. What does Oly keep in the chest in her apartment?
5. Why does Oly visit Miranda in her apartment?
6. What happens when Al takes Chick into town?
7. What is the profession of the Binewski family?
8. How does Zephr McGurk change Arty's show?
9. Describe Arty's appearance.
10. What happens when Arty asks Chick to make him a roast beef sandwich?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)