|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arty's birth defect?
(a) He is an albino hunchback.
(b) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(c) He has no birth defect.
(d) He was born with a tail.
2. What is Miranda's birth defect?
(a) She was born with a tail.
(b) She has no birth defect.
(c) She has telekenetic powers.
(d) She is an albino hunchback.
3. After Oly's visit to Miranda at work, what idea is reinforced in Oly's mind?
(a) That her "freakishness" makes her superior.
(b) That her "freakishness" is something that she should be ashamed of.
(c) That she will never be good enough to be a part of normal society.
(d) That she deservs even more attention than what naturally comes her way.
4. Who finds the Binewski children hiding in a cherry tree?
(a) A farmer from town.
(b) Crystal Lil.
(c) Miss Lick.
(d) Children from town.
5. How is Alma Witherspoon described?
(a) Thin but unattractive.
(b) Overweight but attractive.
(c) Overweight and unattractive.
(d) Thin and attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family measure the value of the children?
2. How does Crystal Lil watch television?
3. What does Miranda ask Oly to do for her?
4. Which family member does the adult Oly live with?
5. What sport does Oly take up in order to get closer to Miss Lick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Arturism?
2. What does Oly keep in the chest in her apartment?
3. What does Norval report the followers are doing to survive, and how does Arty address this issue?
4. Who is Alma Witherspoon?
5. Why is Chick almost abandoned by the Binewski family?
6. How does Zephr McGurk change Arty's show?
7. Why is Dr. Phyllis' hiring significant in Arty's climb to power?
8. Explain Jonathan Tomaini's new role in the twins' adult life.
9. Why does Oly kill Miss Lick?
10. What happens when the children hide out in a cherry tree?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)