|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chick explains to Arty that he can feel things that normal people cannot. What is one thing that Chick says he can feel?
2. How does Chick react to the task that Arty makes him perform?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He cries.
3. How does Arty imply that Leona dies?
(a) She was poisoned.
(b) She was eaten by the giant cats.
(c) She drown.
(d) He killed her.
4. Which alcoholic beverage do Oly and Miss Lick drink together?
5. How does Arty make Oly feel in relation to the family?
(a) That she is the most freakish.
(b) That she is the glue holding the family together.
(c) That she isn't as desirable as the rest of the children.
(d) That she is the most valuable child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Zephr McGurk take on in order to stay close to Arty?
2. What does Oly believe is a character trait that is in her genes?
3. How does Chick react to circus life?
4. How does Zephr McGurk affect Arty's show?
5. What do the twins experience for the first time on their 14th birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oly see when she goes to massage Elly's muscles?
2. What happens between Arty and Chick when Oly sneaks off to listen to a story, leaving Chick unsupervised?
3. What does Oly keep in the chest in her apartment?
4. What is the significance of Mariposa and her horse's accident?
5. How does Oly kill Miss Lick?
6. How does Oly's relationship with Miss Lick begin to change in a way that Oly wasn't expecting?
7. Explain the process of tithing in Arturism and the significance of calling this process "tithing."
8. Chapter 19 is more like a scrapbook than typical prose. Name two devices employed, and briefly explain the significance of this unique chapter.
9. What happens when the children are brought to the hospital?
10. What significant event happens on the twins' 14th birthday?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)