|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chick's power is realized, whose reaction does Oly worry about?
(b) Elly and Iphy's.
(c) Horst the Cat Man's.
(d) Crystal Lil's.
2. Where does Oly work as an adult?
(a) She is unemployed.
(b) For the Binewski circus.
(c) At a doctor's office.
(d) At a radio station.
3. How is Alma Witherspoon described?
(a) Thin but unattractive.
(b) Overweight and unattractive.
(c) Thin and attractive.
(d) Overweight but attractive.
4. What is the reaction to Chick immediately after his birth?
(a) The family is sure he will be their biggest money maker.
(b) The family is pleased with the effects of their latest experiment.
(c) The family wants to abandon him.
(d) The family is ecstatic to have another child.
5. What does Arty ask Chick to make for him, knowing that it will be a difficult task for Chick to complete?
(a) An origami hat.
(b) A hand-sewn circus tent.
(c) A roast beef sandwich.
(d) A sculpture honoring Arty's superiority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miranda's birth defect?
2. How does Crystal Lil watch television?
3. What does Miranda ask Oly to do for her?
4. Who is Miranda?
5. What does Oly believe is a character trait that is in her genes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arty begin drawing larger crowds to his shows?
2. What happens when Arty asks Chick to make him a roast beef sandwich?
3. What happens to the Binewski family in the parking lot of the shopping center?
4. Why does Oly feel guilty after her performance at Miranda's work?
5. Why does Oly visit Miranda in her apartment?
6. What is the unusual offer that Miranda been approached about, and how does she react?
7. Who is Alma Witherspoon?
8. What is Arturism?
9. How is the twins' sick horse healed?
10. How does the family realize that Chick has special powers?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)