|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chick react to circus life?
(a) He is constantly tired.
(b) He is nervous that he cannot perform to the caliber of his siblings.
(c) He is bouncing off the walls with excitement.
(d) He despises being part of a freak show.
2. Why does Al regularly take Chick into town?
(a) To attend regular classes in school.
(b) To purchase food for his special diet.
(c) To rent books from the local library.
(d) To steal money from townsfolk.
3. How did the Binewski family children interact with the children of the town?
(a) The Binewski children were kept separate from all other children.
(b) The Binewski children sold their friendships to the highest paying buyers.
(c) The Binewski children were sent to regular elementary school.
(d) The Binewski children put on special shows for neighborhood children.
4. Why doesn't Oly tell her mother who she is?
(a) Oly doesn't know that Crystal Lil is her mother.
(b) Oly believes her mother has chosen to forget her.
(c) Oly plans on telling her mother but has never had the opportunity.
(d) Oly is afraid that her mother will not recognize her.
5. What does Oly realize Arty is having with "norm" girls?
(a) One-night stands.
(b) Tutoring sessions.
(c) Emotional relationships.
(d) Political conversations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chick's birth name?
2. Which name does Iphy say in her sleep, infuriating Elly?
3. What happens when Chick is hungry and Lil does not come to feed him?
4. What does Chick chant when Mariposa, a circus performer, has an accident that injures her and kills her horse?
5. After Oly's visit to Miranda at work, what idea is reinforced in Oly's mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oly gain access to Miss Lick's life?
2. What happens when Arty asks Chick to make him a roast beef sandwich?
3. What happens when Oly visits Miranda at work?
4. What is the significance of Mariposa and her horse's accident?
5. Why is Dr. Phyllis' hiring significant in Arty's climb to power?
6. Describe Olympia's appearance.
7. What is Arturism?
8. What is the unusual offer that Miranda been approached about, and how does she react?
9. What happens between Arty and Chick when Oly sneaks off to listen to a story, leaving Chick unsupervised?
10. Describe the invention that Zephr McGurk brings to Arty.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)