|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new religion introduced in the middle of the novel?
2. What is Chick's hidden power?
(a) X-ray vision.
(b) Ability to fly.
(c) Telekinetic ability.
3. What is Oly's father training her to do for the circus?
(a) Pickpocket unsuspecting customers.
(b) Train the large cats.
(c) Perform as the Geek.
(d) Act as a vocal announcer.
4. What is Miranda's birth defect?
(a) She has telekenetic powers.
(b) She is an albino hunchback.
(c) She has no birth defect.
(d) She was born with a tail.
5. How does the family measure the value of the children?
(a) By their grade point average.
(b) By the amount of chores they can perform at home.
(c) By their ticket sales.
(d) By how affectionate they are with their siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arty make Oly feel in relation to the family?
2. What is on display in the Chute?
3. How old is Chick before Lil can carry him around in her arms?
4. What is Vern Bogner's emotional state when he arrives at the shopping station?
5. How do the rest of the children respond to Dr. Phyllis' new position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the children hide out in a cherry tree?
2. What does Oly keep in the chest in her apartment?
3. How does Zephr McGurk change Arty's show?
4. What significant event happens on the twins' 14th birthday?
5. Describe the invention that Zephr McGurk brings to Arty.
6. How is the twins' sick horse healed?
7. How does Oly gain access to Miss Lick's life?
8. What is the unusual offer that Miranda been approached about, and how does she react?
9. What is the significance of Mariposa and her horse's accident?
10. Who is Leona, and what happened to her?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)