|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oly's birth defect?
(a) She is a Siamese twin.
(b) She has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(c) She has no birth defect.
(d) She is an albino hunchback.
2. How does the family measure the value of the children?
(a) By their ticket sales.
(b) By their grade point average.
(c) By the amount of chores they can perform at home.
(d) By how affectionate they are with their siblings.
3. What problem does Zephr McGurk wish to alleviate for Arty?
(a) Emotional excitement.
(b) Muscle spasms.
(c) Sibling rivaly.
(d) Sexual intimacy.
4. What job does Zephr McGurk take on in order to stay close to Arty?
5. What does Arty begin predicting in his act in an attempt to draw larger crowds?
(b) Lottery numbers.
(d) The end of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda reveals that she has recently been approached by a woman named Miss Lick with an interesting offer to make money. What does Miranda have to do in this deal?
2. What does Oly believe is a character trait that is in her genes?
3. Which alcoholic beverage do Oly and Miss Lick drink together?
4. Who does Iphy announce that she wishes to marry someday?
5. Aside from the Binewski daughters, what is the hair color of all the other girls who work for the circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Leona, and what happened to her?
2. Describe how we first see Oly's adult life.
3. What happens to the Binewski family in the parking lot of the shopping center?
4. What happens when Arty asks Chick to make him a roast beef sandwich?
5. What is the profession of the Binewski family?
6. Why does Oly visit Miranda in her apartment?
7. Describe the invention that Zephr McGurk brings to Arty.
8. Why does Oly feel guilty after her performance at Miranda's work?
9. Describe Olympia's appearance.
10. What does the article Oly finds tell us about Dr. Phyllis time in medical school?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)