|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arty ask Chick to make for him, knowing that it will be a difficult task for Chick to complete?
(a) A hand-sewn circus tent.
(b) A sculpture honoring Arty's superiority.
(c) A roast beef sandwich.
(d) An origami hat.
2. Who does Iphy announce that she wishes to marry someday?
3. What does Vern Bogner do when he sees the Binewskis step out of their car?
(a) He mistakenly identifies them as old friends.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He asks for their autographs.
(d) He shoots them.
4. Where do the twins hide on their birthday?
(a) In their parents' bedroom.
(b) In the giant cat cage.
(c) In the portable bathrooms.
(d) In Arty's tank.
5. How does the family measure the value of the children?
(a) By their grade point average.
(b) By how affectionate they are with their siblings.
(c) By the amount of chores they can perform at home.
(d) By their ticket sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Oly work as an adult?
2. How does Chick react to circus life?
3. How are the children treated by the doctors at the hospital?
4. What is Chick's birth defect?
5. Which name does Iphy say in her sleep, infuriating Elly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the article Oly finds tell us about Dr. Phyllis time in medical school?
2. Describe the invention that Zephr McGurk brings to Arty.
3. Why did Dr. Phyllis deny the twins what they were asking for?
4. What does Oly see when she hears Chick, Lil, and the twins screaming in the van?
5. How does Oly's relationship with Miss Lick begin to change in a way that Oly wasn't expecting?
6. Explain the process of tithing in Arturism and the significance of calling this process "tithing."
7. What is the significance of Mariposa and her horse's accident?
8. What happens when the children hide out in a cherry tree?
9. What happens when the children are brought to the hospital?
10. Who is Leona, and what happened to her?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)