Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miranda reveals that she has recently been approached by a woman named Miss Lick with an interesting offer to make money. What does Miranda have to do in this deal?
(a) Have her tail removed.
(b) Research the history of the Binewski family.
(c) Perform as a Geek in the circus.
(d) Spy on Crystal Lil.
2. Why do the children have to go to the hospital?
(a) To visit patients with rare medical conditions.
(b) To be checked up by doctors who are specialists.
(c) To address wounds from the shooting.
(d) To meet a doctor who wishes to act as a benefactor for the circus.
3. How does Chick react to the task that Arty makes him perform?
(a) He cries.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He laughs.
4. How old is Chick before Lil can carry him around in her arms?
(a) Four months old.
(b) Lil is never able to hold him.
(c) 18 months old.
(d) Three years old.
5. What did Dr. Phyllis believe was implanted in her abdomen while she was in medical school?
(a) A monitoring device.
(b) A tumor.
(c) A fetus.
(d) A camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Crystal Lil watch television?
2. What does Chick chant when Mariposa, a circus performer, has an accident that injures her and kills her horse?
3. What is on display in the Chute?
4. Which ailment of age does NOT affect Crystal Lil?
5. When Oly sneaks away to listen to a story while she is supposed to be watching Chick, what happens while she is gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the Bag Man affected, mentally and physically, by his wife divorcing him?
2. How does Chick react to the scene in the twins' van?
3. What happens when the children are brought to the hospital?
4. What happens between Arty and Chick when Oly sneaks off to listen to a story, leaving Chick unsupervised?
5. What is the result of the Bag Man's spying?
6. What happens when Oly visits Miranda at work?
7. What does Oly see when she goes to massage Elly's muscles?
8. Describe Arty's appearance.
9. How does the family realize that Chick has special powers?
10. What happens during Dr. Phyllis' surgery on the twins?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)