|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Norval Sanderson?
(a) The new giant cat trainer.
(b) Oly's romantic interest.
(c) The twins' piano teacher.
(d) A journalist.
2. Who do the twins run away with?
(a) One of the redheads.
(b) Dr. Phyllis.
(d) Horst the Cat Man.
3. How does Arty get rid of Dr. Phyllis' followers?
(a) He murders them.
(b) He mutilates them.
(c) He brainwashes them.
(d) He asks them to leave.
4. Miss Lick and which character have the same nickname for Oly?
5. What is Norval Sanderson's favorite act in the circus?
(a) The Fly Roper.
(b) The Earthworm Ophthalmologist.
(c) The Flea on a String.
(d) The Termite Cowboy.
6. What is it called when one of the Admitted gives a part of themselves to the religion?
7. What surgery does Arty propose for the twins?
(a) A lobotamy.
(b) An abortion.
(c) A double rhinoplasty.
(d) A separation.
8. What does Chick hear inside the twins' stomach?
(a) A baby growing.
(b) A voice speaking.
(c) Food being digested.
(d) Radio static.
9. What are the followers of the new religion beginning to steal?
(b) Binewski memorabilia.
(c) Money from the ticket sales.
(d) Religious texts.
10. How does Oly calm herself when she thinks that she does not have the courage to continue with her plan?
(a) She takes a long walk.
(b) She drinks heavily.
(c) She writes in her journal.
(d) She swims laps at the pool.
11. How do the twins keep their pimp quiet?
(a) They threaten him.
(b) They kill him.
(c) They tie him to a chair.
(d) They mutilate him.
12. Who has Arty been training to take over Dr. Phyllis' position?
(a) The twins.
13. Aside from journal entries, what type of documentation is utilized in the scrapbook collection of chapter 19?
(a) Newspaper clippings.
(c) Shopping receipts.
(d) Hospital charts.
14. How does Lil react when Oly tells her that the family is "dead and gone"?
(a) She slaps Oly.
(b) She has no reaction.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She begins weeping.
15. How does Oly open Miss Lick's locker?
(a) She uses a sledgehammer.
(b) She forces Miss Lick to use her key.
(c) She knows the combination.
(d) She crowbars it open.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Pin Kid?
2. Who does Oly ask to take care of Crystal Lil?
3. Why does Horst request large amputated limbs?
4. Who does Oly see as being the first real friend she ever had?
5. What body part is the Bag Man missing?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)