|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alma have removed from her body?
(a) Her limbs.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her warts.
(d) Her freckles.
2. Why doesn't Oly tell her mother who she is?
(a) Oly believes her mother has chosen to forget her.
(b) Oly is afraid that her mother will not recognize her.
(c) Oly plans on telling her mother but has never had the opportunity.
(d) Oly doesn't know that Crystal Lil is her mother.
3. How does Zephr McGurk affect Arty's show?
(a) He completely changes its direction.
(b) He loses money for the show.
(c) He makes it more dramatic.
(d) He makes it boring.
4. What is Chick's hidden power?
(a) X-ray vision.
(b) Ability to fly.
(c) Telekinetic ability.
5. How does Crystal Lil watch television?
(a) Through the window, into the neighbor's apartment.
(b) In a recliner, under her lucky afghan.
(c) She does not believe in watching television.
(d) With a giant magnifying glass.
6. What does Miss Lick desire to do with attractive women?
(a) Befriend them.
(b) Date them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Mutilate them.
7. What job does Zephr McGurk take on in order to stay close to Arty?
8. What is Arty's birth defect?
(a) He is an albino hunchback.
(b) He was born with a tail.
(c) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(d) He has no birth defect.
9. Who does Alma say that she desires to be like?
(d) Dr. Phyllis.
10. What does Oly decide must happen with Miss Lick?
(a) She must date Miss Lick.
(b) She must go into business with Miss Lick.
(c) She must kill Miss Lick.
(d) She must mutliate Miss Lick.
11. What is the reaction to Chick immediately after his birth?
(a) The family is pleased with the effects of their latest experiment.
(b) The family wants to abandon him.
(c) The family is sure he will be their biggest money maker.
(d) The family is ecstatic to have another child.
12. Who is Miranda?
(a) The landlord of Oly's tenement building.
(b) A young woman who lives in Oly's tenement building.
(c) An old friend of Crystal Lil.
(d) A homeless youth on the street outside Oly's tenement building.
13. How does Chick react to circus life?
(a) He despises being part of a freak show.
(b) He is bouncing off the walls with excitement.
(c) He is constantly tired.
(d) He is nervous that he cannot perform to the caliber of his siblings.
14. What does Oly realize Arty is having with "norm" girls?
(a) Tutoring sessions.
(b) Political conversations.
(c) Emotional relationships.
(d) One-night stands.
15. Miranda reveals that she has recently been approached by a woman named Miss Lick with an interesting offer to make money. What does Miranda have to do in this deal?
(a) Research the history of the Binewski family.
(b) Have her tail removed.
(c) Perform as a Geek in the circus.
(d) Spy on Crystal Lil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arty repay Zephr McGurk for the work he does on the show?
2. What happens when Chick is hungry and Lil does not come to feed him?
3. How does the family measure the value of the children?
4. What do Al and Lil believe about their children?
5. Which ailment of age does NOT affect Crystal Lil?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)