|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Lick desire to do with attractive women?
(a) Befriend them.
(b) Mutilate them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Date them.
2. How does Arty make Oly feel in relation to the family?
(a) That she isn't as desirable as the rest of the children.
(b) That she is the most valuable child.
(c) That she is the glue holding the family together.
(d) That she is the most freakish.
3. Why does Al regularly take Chick into town?
(a) To rent books from the local library.
(b) To purchase food for his special diet.
(c) To steal money from townsfolk.
(d) To attend regular classes in school.
4. How does Chick react to the task that Arty makes him perform?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
5. In order to make the task even more difficult for Chick to complete, what is the only tool that Arty allows him to use?
(a) His imagination.
(b) His hands.
(c) His telekinesis.
(d) Recycled items found on the circus grounds.
6. What does Oly decide must happen with Miss Lick?
(a) She must kill Miss Lick.
(b) She must go into business with Miss Lick.
(c) She must mutliate Miss Lick.
(d) She must date Miss Lick.
7. What is Miranda's job at this establishment?
(a) She is a pastry chef.
(b) She is an exotic dancer.
(c) She is a giant cat trainer.
(d) She is a lifeguard.
8. Who comes with Al to remove the children from the hospital?
(a) Horst, the Cat Man.
(b) Miss Lick.
(c) Crystal Lil.
(d) Vern Bogner.
9. What is the name of the establishment where Miranda works?
(a) The Slippery Rock.
(b) The Dark Horse.
(c) The Paper Castle.
(d) The Glass House.
10. What is on display in the Chute?
(a) Photographs of the Binewski children throughout their childhoods.
(b) The scientific directions for how each Binewski child was created.
(c) The awards that the Binewski children have won.
(d) The Binewski children who have died.
11. What happens when Chick is hungry and Lil does not come to feed him?
(a) Chick screams until she comes.
(b) Chick makes himself invisible.
(c) Chick becomes malnourished.
(d) Chick moves Lil closer to him with his mind.
12. What is Miranda's birth defect?
(a) She has no birth defect.
(b) She was born with a tail.
(c) She is an albino hunchback.
(d) She has telekenetic powers.
13. What did Dr. Phyllis believe was implanted in her abdomen while she was in medical school?
(a) A monitoring device.
(b) A tumor.
(c) A fetus.
(d) A camera.
14. What does Oly believe is a character trait that is in her genes?
(a) The ability to attract men despite her appearance.
(b) The ability to blend into her surroundings.
(c) The ability to speak well in front of crowds.
(d) The ability to put on a good show.
15. After Oly's visit to Miranda at work, what idea is reinforced in Oly's mind?
(a) That her "freakishness" makes her superior.
(b) That her "freakishness" is something that she should be ashamed of.
(c) That she will never be good enough to be a part of normal society.
(d) That she deservs even more attention than what naturally comes her way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual weather event is happening on the twins' birthday?
2. How is Alma Witherspoon described?
3. What is Chick's birth defect?
4. What problem does Zephr McGurk wish to alleviate for Arty?
5. How did Aloysius Binewski and Lillian Hinchcliff meet?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)