|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miranda?
(a) A young woman who lives in Oly's tenement building.
(b) A homeless youth on the street outside Oly's tenement building.
(c) The landlord of Oly's tenement building.
(d) An old friend of Crystal Lil.
2. How does Oly react to Miranda's information about Miss Lick?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She is excited.
3. What does Oly decide must happen with Miss Lick?
(a) She must mutliate Miss Lick.
(b) She must kill Miss Lick.
(c) She must go into business with Miss Lick.
(d) She must date Miss Lick.
4. Why doesn't Oly tell her mother who she is?
(a) Oly doesn't know that Crystal Lil is her mother.
(b) Oly plans on telling her mother but has never had the opportunity.
(c) Oly believes her mother has chosen to forget her.
(d) Oly is afraid that her mother will not recognize her.
5. What is Arty's birth defect?
(a) He was born with a tail.
(b) He has no birth defect.
(c) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(d) He is an albino hunchback.
6. Who is the first Binewski child to earn their own van?
7. How does Arty make Oly feel in relation to the family?
(a) That she is the most freakish.
(b) That she is the most valuable child.
(c) That she is the glue holding the family together.
(d) That she isn't as desirable as the rest of the children.
8. What does Lillian say is the greatest gift a parent can give to their children?
(a) An educational life of traveling.
(b) The societal gift of difference.
(c) The knowledge that freaks are intrinsically better than norms.
(d) The inherent ability to earn a living just by being themselves.
9. How does the family measure the value of the children?
(a) By the amount of chores they can perform at home.
(b) By how affectionate they are with their siblings.
(c) By their ticket sales.
(d) By their grade point average.
10. Who finds the Binewski children hiding in a cherry tree?
(a) A farmer from town.
(b) Crystal Lil.
(c) Children from town.
(d) Miss Lick.
11. How old is Chick when he begins working for the circus?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Six months old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
12. How do Lil and Al obtain their freakish children?
(a) Lil and Al adopt unwanted children from orphanages.
(b) The children are scientifically created in test tubes.
(c) The children are dropped off at the circus by frightened parents.
(d) Lil experiments with drugs during her pregnancies.
13. What does Chick chant when Mariposa, a circus performer, has an accident that injures her and kills her horse?
(a) "It hurts."
(b) "Oh, no."
(c) "She deserved it."
(d) "I hate horses."
14. Why do the children have to go to the hospital?
(a) To meet a doctor who wishes to act as a benefactor for the circus.
(b) To be checked up by doctors who are specialists.
(c) To visit patients with rare medical conditions.
(d) To address wounds from the shooting.
15. What does Lil give Chick permission to do with his powers after he witnesses Mariposa's accident?
(a) To speak to animals.
(b) To help people.
(c) To make himself rich.
(d) To harm people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Phyllis take over that was initially Al's job?
2. What is the name of the establishment where Miranda works?
3. What is surprising to Oly about Miranda?
4. Who does Alma say that she desires to be like?
5. After Oly's visit to Miranda at work, what idea is reinforced in Oly's mind?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)