|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Crystal Lil take the children into town?
(a) To purchase material for new costumes.
(b) To have them checked out by the town physician.
(c) To treat them to a meal at a restaurant.
(d) To interview applicants for the circus.
2. Why does Arty begin to grow jealous of young Chick?
(a) Because he has a larger bedroom.
(b) Because Chick appears outwardly normal.
(c) Because Chick's powers are the most valuable.
(d) Because Chick is too young to realize that he is a freak.
3. Chick explains to Arty that he can feel things that normal people cannot. What is one thing that Chick says he can feel?
4. How does Chick react to the task that Arty makes him perform?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He cries.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He laughs.
5. What is Oly's father training her to do for the circus?
(a) Pickpocket unsuspecting customers.
(b) Train the large cats.
(c) Perform as the Geek.
(d) Act as a vocal announcer.
6. What unusual weather event is happening on the twins' birthday?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A sandstorm.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A whiteout.
7. What happens when Chick is hungry and Lil does not come to feed him?
(a) Chick moves Lil closer to him with his mind.
(b) Chick makes himself invisible.
(c) Chick becomes malnourished.
(d) Chick screams until she comes.
8. What is Vern Bogner's emotional state when he arrives at the shopping station?
9. Miranda reveals that she has recently been approached by a woman named Miss Lick with an interesting offer to make money. What does Miranda have to do in this deal?
(a) Perform as a Geek in the circus.
(b) Research the history of the Binewski family.
(c) Have her tail removed.
(d) Spy on Crystal Lil.
10. What is the name of the establishment where Miranda works?
(a) The Glass House.
(b) The Paper Castle.
(c) The Slippery Rock.
(d) The Dark Horse.
11. Who cleans the Chute?
(a) Miss Lick.
(b) Crystal Lil.
(c) The Binewski daughters.
(d) The Binewski sons.
12. What is Chick's birth name?
13. Who does Alma say that she desires to be like?
(c) Dr. Phyllis.
14. Who is Leona, the girl with the alligator tail?
(a) A Binewski child who died.
(b) Arty's love interest.
(c) A performer in a rival circus.
(d) Oly's imaginary friend.
15. What does Miranda ask Oly to do for her?
(a) To loan her money for school.
(b) To give an interview about circus life.
(c) To take care of her cat while she is away.
(d) To pose for a medical drawings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Lick desire to do with attractive women?
2. What is the reaction to Chick immediately after his birth?
3. Aside from the Binewski daughters, what is the hair color of all the other girls who work for the circus?
4. How does Arty imply that Leona dies?
5. When Chick's power is realized, whose reaction does Oly worry about?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)