|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Oly tell her mother who she is?
(a) Oly plans on telling her mother but has never had the opportunity.
(b) Oly is afraid that her mother will not recognize her.
(c) Oly doesn't know that Crystal Lil is her mother.
(d) Oly believes her mother has chosen to forget her.
2. Why does Arty begin to grow jealous of young Chick?
(a) Because Chick is too young to realize that he is a freak.
(b) Because he has a larger bedroom.
(c) Because Chick appears outwardly normal.
(d) Because Chick's powers are the most valuable.
3. How do Lil and Al obtain their freakish children?
(a) Lil and Al adopt unwanted children from orphanages.
(b) The children are scientifically created in test tubes.
(c) The children are dropped off at the circus by frightened parents.
(d) Lil experiments with drugs during her pregnancies.
4. How old is Chick when he begins working for the circus?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) Six months old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
5. What is Arty's birth defect?
(a) He is an albino hunchback.
(b) He was born with a tail.
(c) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(d) He has no birth defect.
6. What does Miranda ask Oly to do for her?
(a) To take care of her cat while she is away.
(b) To give an interview about circus life.
(c) To pose for a medical drawings.
(d) To loan her money for school.
7. How does Arty make Oly feel in relation to the family?
(a) That she isn't as desirable as the rest of the children.
(b) That she is the glue holding the family together.
(c) That she is the most valuable child.
(d) That she is the most freakish.
8. Where do the twins hide on their birthday?
(a) In Arty's tank.
(b) In the giant cat cage.
(c) In their parents' bedroom.
(d) In the portable bathrooms.
9. What does Oly decide must happen with Miss Lick?
(a) She must date Miss Lick.
(b) She must mutliate Miss Lick.
(c) She must kill Miss Lick.
(d) She must go into business with Miss Lick.
10. Which family member does the adult Oly live with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
11. How do the Binewski children interact with each other?
(a) They view each other as co-workers only.
(b) They are too busy to spend time together.
(c) They are close friends.
(d) They are enemies.
12. What is surprising to Oly about Miranda?
(a) That she is unattractive.
(b) That she seems normal.
(c) That she is so shy.
(d) That she doesn't seem to have any talent.
13. Even though Oly spends most of her adulthood in hiding, what does she do spontaneously that seems out of character?
(a) She puts on a strip show at the club where Miranda works.
(b) She jumps into the giant cat cage to save Miranda.
(c) She pretends to drown at the pool where Miranda is a lifeguard.
(d) She critiques Miranda's pastries.
14. How old is Chick before Lil can carry him around in her arms?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Four months old.
(c) Lil is never able to hold him.
(d) 18 months old.
15. What is the Geek's job in the circus?
(a) To rip the head off live chickens.
(b) To clean Arturo's tank.
(c) To tell stories to the children before they go to bed.
(d) To tame and train the giant cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the Binewski children hiding in a cherry tree?
2. What is the reaction to Chick immediately after his birth?
3. How did Aloysius Binewski and Lillian Hinchcliff meet?
4. What is Oly's birth defect?
5. Who does Alma say that she desires to be like?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)