|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miranda's birth defect?
(a) She has telekenetic powers.
(b) She is an albino hunchback.
(c) She was born with a tail.
(d) She has no birth defect.
2. What do Oly and Miss Lick watch together?
(a) Home videos.
(b) Political debates.
(c) Soap operas.
(d) Sporting events.
3. How do the rest of the children respond to Dr. Phyllis' new position?
(a) They are ecstatic.
(b) They dislike it.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They never find out.
4. What is the Geek's job in the circus?
(a) To clean Arturo's tank.
(b) To rip the head off live chickens.
(c) To tame and train the giant cats.
(d) To tell stories to the children before they go to bed.
5. What sick animal does Arty give to the twins for their 14th birthday?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cat..
(c) A dog.
(d) A cow.
6. When Oly sneaks away to listen to a story while she is supposed to be watching Chick, what happens while she is gone?
(a) Chick damages the engine of the bus, leaving the family stranded.
(b) Chick attacks Arty while he is sleeping.
(c) Arty tries to smother Chick.
(d) Chick wanders off and is lost in the woods.
7. Who finds the Binewski children hiding in a cherry tree?
(a) A farmer from town.
(b) Miss Lick.
(c) Crystal Lil.
(d) Children from town.
8. Why doesn't Oly tell her mother who she is?
(a) Oly believes her mother has chosen to forget her.
(b) Oly doesn't know that Crystal Lil is her mother.
(c) Oly plans on telling her mother but has never had the opportunity.
(d) Oly is afraid that her mother will not recognize her.
9. What is Miranda's job at this establishment?
(a) She is a lifeguard.
(b) She is a giant cat trainer.
(c) She is an exotic dancer.
(d) She is a pastry chef.
10. Which alcoholic beverage do Oly and Miss Lick drink together?
11. What problem does Zephr McGurk wish to alleviate for Arty?
(a) Sexual intimacy.
(b) Emotional excitement.
(c) Muscle spasms.
(d) Sibling rivaly.
12. What is surprising to Oly about Miranda?
(a) That she is unattractive.
(b) That she seems normal.
(c) That she is so shy.
(d) That she doesn't seem to have any talent.
13. How are the children treated by the doctors at the hospital?
(a) The doctors handle them roughly.
(b) The doctors handle them as though they are fragile.
(c) The doctors handle them with reverence.
(d) The doctors treat them normally.
14. What is Oly's birth defect?
(a) She is a Siamese twin.
(b) She has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(c) She is an albino hunchback.
(d) She has no birth defect.
15. Who performed the surgery on Dr. Phyllis' abdomen to remove what she believe was implanted there?
(a) She performed the surgery on herself.
(c) Her roommate.
(d) Al Binewski.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chick chant when Mariposa, a circus performer, has an accident that injures her and kills her horse?
2. What is Chick's hidden power?
3. How does the family measure the value of the children?
4. How old is Chick when he begins working for the circus?
5. Why does Al regularly take Chick into town?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)