|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alma Witherspoon has been pen pals with someone for a long time and is terrified to meet him. Who is her pen pal?
(a) Her long-lost father.
(b) A convict in jail.
(c) Horst the Cat Man.
(d) Zephr McGurk.
2. What does Dr. Phyllis take over that was initially Al's job?
(a) Marketing for the circus.
(b) Medical care of the children.
(c) Direction of the children's shows.
(d) Hiring of new acts.
3. What is Arty's birth defect?
(a) He has no birth defect.
(b) He was born with a tail.
(c) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(d) He is an albino hunchback.
4. Which name does Iphy say in her sleep, infuriating Elly?
(a) Vern Bogner.
5. How does Al first utilize Chick's abilities?
(a) He teaches Chick how to train the giant cats.
(b) He teaches Chick how to announce the other shows.
(c) He teaches Chick how to pickpocket the crowd.
(d) He teaches Chick how to play the piano during the twin's show.
6. What does Alma have removed from her body?
(a) Her freckles.
(b) Her limbs.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her warts.
7. How did Aloysius Binewski and Lillian Hinchcliff meet?
(a) Lillian's father was a wealthy benefactor for the traveling circus.
(b) Lillian and Aloysuis were raised together from childhood.
(c) Lillian volunteered as a Geek in Aloysius' show.
(d) Lillian fell into the giant cat cage and Aloysius saved her.
8. How do Lil and Al obtain their freakish children?
(a) The children are scientifically created in test tubes.
(b) The children are dropped off at the circus by frightened parents.
(c) Lil and Al adopt unwanted children from orphanages.
(d) Lil experiments with drugs during her pregnancies.
9. Who hires Dr. Phyllis to stay on full time?
10. What is Miranda's job at this establishment?
(a) She is a giant cat trainer.
(b) She is a pastry chef.
(c) She is a lifeguard.
(d) She is an exotic dancer.
11. Who is the first Binewski child to earn their own van?
12. What does Arty begin predicting in his act in an attempt to draw larger crowds?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) Lottery numbers.
13. How did the Binewski family children interact with the children of the town?
(a) The Binewski children put on special shows for neighborhood children.
(b) The Binewski children were kept separate from all other children.
(c) The Binewski children sold their friendships to the highest paying buyers.
(d) The Binewski children were sent to regular elementary school.
14. Who does Iphy announce that she wishes to marry someday?
15. In order to make the task even more difficult for Chick to complete, what is the only tool that Arty allows him to use?
(a) His telekinesis.
(b) Recycled items found on the circus grounds.
(c) His imagination.
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arty imply that Leona dies?
2. What did Dr. Phyllis believe was implanted in her abdomen while she was in medical school?
3. What is the Geek's job in the circus?
4. Where do the twins hide on their birthday?
5. What does Oly decide must happen with Miss Lick?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)