|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Crystal Lil take the children into town?
(a) To have them checked out by the town physician.
(b) To interview applicants for the circus.
(c) To purchase material for new costumes.
(d) To treat them to a meal at a restaurant.
2. What is surprising to Oly about Miranda?
(a) That she is unattractive.
(b) That she seems normal.
(c) That she is so shy.
(d) That she doesn't seem to have any talent.
3. Who is the first Binewski child to earn their own van?
4. Which ailment of age does NOT affect Crystal Lil?
(d) Mental instability.
5. Which family member does the adult Oly live with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
6. What did Dr. Phyllis believe was implanted in her abdomen while she was in medical school?
(a) A camera.
(b) A tumor.
(c) A monitoring device.
(d) A fetus.
7. Who does Iphy announce that she wishes to marry someday?
8. What is Miranda's birth defect?
(a) She has no birth defect.
(b) She is an albino hunchback.
(c) She was born with a tail.
(d) She has telekenetic powers.
9. What do Oly and Miss Lick watch together?
(a) Sporting events.
(b) Political debates.
(c) Home videos.
(d) Soap operas.
10. What is Chick's birth name?
11. After Oly's visit to Miranda at work, what idea is reinforced in Oly's mind?
(a) That her "freakishness" is something that she should be ashamed of.
(b) That she deservs even more attention than what naturally comes her way.
(c) That her "freakishness" makes her superior.
(d) That she will never be good enough to be a part of normal society.
12. What does Vern Bogner do when he sees the Binewskis step out of their car?
(a) He asks for their autographs.
(b) He mistakenly identifies them as old friends.
(c) He shoots them.
(d) He ignores them.
13. Why do the children have to go to the hospital?
(a) To address wounds from the shooting.
(b) To meet a doctor who wishes to act as a benefactor for the circus.
(c) To visit patients with rare medical conditions.
(d) To be checked up by doctors who are specialists.
14. What is the Geek's job in the circus?
(a) To clean Arturo's tank.
(b) To rip the head off live chickens.
(c) To tell stories to the children before they go to bed.
(d) To tame and train the giant cats.
15. Even though Oly spends most of her adulthood in hiding, what does she do spontaneously that seems out of character?
(a) She puts on a strip show at the club where Miranda works.
(b) She pretends to drown at the pool where Miranda is a lifeguard.
(c) She jumps into the giant cat cage to save Miranda.
(d) She critiques Miranda's pastries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miranda's job at this establishment?
2. How does Chick react to circus life?
3. What is Chick's hidden power?
4. What happens when Chick is hungry and Lil does not come to feed him?
5. In order to make the task even more difficult for Chick to complete, what is the only tool that Arty allows him to use?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)