|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lil give Chick permission to do with his powers after he witnesses Mariposa's accident?
(a) To harm people.
(b) To speak to animals.
(c) To make himself rich.
(d) To help people.
2. What is Chick's birth defect?
(a) He is an albino hunchback.
(b) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(c) He has telekinetic powers.
(d) He is a Siamese twin.
3. What is the name of the Binewski family's circus?
(a) The Binewski Family Fabulon of Freaks.
(b) The Binewski Fabulous.
(c) The Binewski Fabulous Freaks.
(d) The Binewski Fabulon.
4. When Chick's power is realized, whose reaction does Oly worry about?
(a) Horst the Cat Man's.
(b) Elly and Iphy's.
(c) Crystal Lil's.
5. How do the Binewski children interact with each other?
(a) They view each other as co-workers only.
(b) They are too busy to spend time together.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are close friends.
6. What does Arty ask Chick to make for him, knowing that it will be a difficult task for Chick to complete?
(a) A roast beef sandwich.
(b) A hand-sewn circus tent.
(c) A sculpture honoring Arty's superiority.
(d) An origami hat.
7. What is the Geek's job in the circus?
(a) To clean Arturo's tank.
(b) To rip the head off live chickens.
(c) To tame and train the giant cats.
(d) To tell stories to the children before they go to bed.
8. Which name does Iphy say in her sleep, infuriating Elly?
(b) Vern Bogner.
9. How does the family measure the value of the children?
(a) By their grade point average.
(b) By their ticket sales.
(c) By the amount of chores they can perform at home.
(d) By how affectionate they are with their siblings.
10. Why does Crystal Lil take the children into town?
(a) To have them checked out by the town physician.
(b) To treat them to a meal at a restaurant.
(c) To purchase material for new costumes.
(d) To interview applicants for the circus.
11. What does Miranda ask Oly to do for her?
(a) To pose for a medical drawings.
(b) To give an interview about circus life.
(c) To loan her money for school.
(d) To take care of her cat while she is away.
12. How does Arty imply that Leona dies?
(a) She was eaten by the giant cats.
(b) He killed her.
(c) She was poisoned.
(d) She drown.
13. Who cleans the Chute?
(a) The Binewski daughters.
(b) The Binewski sons.
(c) Crystal Lil.
(d) Miss Lick.
14. What does Oly keep in the chest hidden in her apartment?
(a) Memorabilia from her first love.
(b) Memorabilia from Miranda's childhood.
(c) Memorabilia from her own childhood.
(d) Memorabilia from the circus.
15. What is the name of the establishment where Miranda works?
(a) The Glass House.
(b) The Dark Horse.
(c) The Paper Castle.
(d) The Slippery Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alma Witherspoon has been pen pals with someone for a long time and is terrified to meet him. Who is her pen pal?
2. What did Dr. Phyllis believe was implanted in her abdomen while she was in medical school?
3. What does Chick chant when Mariposa, a circus performer, has an accident that injures her and kills her horse?
4. How did Aloysius Binewski and Lillian Hinchcliff meet?
5. How old is Chick before Lil can carry him around in her arms?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)