|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oly react to Miranda's information about Miss Lick?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She is confused.
2. When Oly sneaks away to listen to a story while she is supposed to be watching Chick, what happens while she is gone?
(a) Arty tries to smother Chick.
(b) Chick wanders off and is lost in the woods.
(c) Chick damages the engine of the bus, leaving the family stranded.
(d) Chick attacks Arty while he is sleeping.
3. What is the name of the new religion introduced in the middle of the novel?
4. What is Miranda's job at this establishment?
(a) She is an exotic dancer.
(b) She is a giant cat trainer.
(c) She is a pastry chef.
(d) She is a lifeguard.
5. What is Oly's birth defect?
(a) She has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(b) She is a Siamese twin.
(c) She is an albino hunchback.
(d) She has no birth defect.
6. What do Oly and Miss Lick watch together?
(a) Soap operas.
(b) Home videos.
(c) Sporting events.
(d) Political debates.
7. Which name does Iphy say in her sleep, infuriating Elly?
(b) Vern Bogner.
8. Who cleans the Chute?
(a) Miss Lick.
(b) The Binewski daughters.
(c) The Binewski sons.
(d) Crystal Lil.
9. How does Crystal Lil watch television?
(a) Through the window, into the neighbor's apartment.
(b) With a giant magnifying glass.
(c) In a recliner, under her lucky afghan.
(d) She does not believe in watching television.
10. What does Vern Bogner do when he sees the Binewskis step out of their car?
(a) He asks for their autographs.
(b) He mistakenly identifies them as old friends.
(c) He shoots them.
(d) He ignores them.
11. What problem does Zephr McGurk wish to alleviate for Arty?
(a) Sexual intimacy.
(b) Emotional excitement.
(c) Muscle spasms.
(d) Sibling rivaly.
12. How old is Chick when he begins working for the circus?
(a) Six months old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Three years old.
13. Chick explains to Arty that he can feel things that normal people cannot. What is one thing that Chick says he can feel?
14. How do the Binewski children interact with each other?
(a) They are too busy to spend time together.
(b) They are close friends.
(c) They view each other as co-workers only.
(d) They are enemies.
15. What is Chick's birth defect?
(a) He is a Siamese twin.
(b) He has telekinetic powers.
(c) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(d) He is an albino hunchback.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arty imply that Leona dies?
2. How does Chick react to circus life?
3. How did Aloysius Binewski and Lillian Hinchcliff meet?
4. What does Dr. Phyllis take over that was initially Al's job?
5. What do the twins experience for the first time on their 14th birthday?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)