|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which name does Iphy say in her sleep, infuriating Elly?
(b) Vern Bogner.
2. What happens when Chick is hungry and Lil does not come to feed him?
(a) Chick screams until she comes.
(b) Chick becomes malnourished.
(c) Chick moves Lil closer to him with his mind.
(d) Chick makes himself invisible.
3. What sport does Oly take up in order to get closer to Miss Lick?
4. What is Elly's birth defect?
(a) She was born with a tail.
(b) She has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(c) She is a Siamese twin.
(d) She has no birth defect.
5. What body part is Zephr McGurk missing?
(a) His legs.
(b) His face.
(c) His arms.
(d) He is not missing body parts.
6. Who cleans the Chute?
(a) Miss Lick.
(b) The Binewski sons.
(c) Crystal Lil.
(d) The Binewski daughters.
7. How does Oly react to Miranda's information about Miss Lick?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is upset.
8. Even though Oly spends most of her adulthood in hiding, what does she do spontaneously that seems out of character?
(a) She pretends to drown at the pool where Miranda is a lifeguard.
(b) She critiques Miranda's pastries.
(c) She jumps into the giant cat cage to save Miranda.
(d) She puts on a strip show at the club where Miranda works.
9. What do Oly and Miss Lick watch together?
(a) Sporting events.
(b) Political debates.
(c) Home videos.
(d) Soap operas.
10. How is Alma Witherspoon described?
(a) Overweight and unattractive.
(b) Thin and attractive.
(c) Overweight but attractive.
(d) Thin but unattractive.
11. Which family member does the adult Oly live with?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
12. Why does Al regularly take Chick into town?
(a) To steal money from townsfolk.
(b) To attend regular classes in school.
(c) To purchase food for his special diet.
(d) To rent books from the local library.
13. How old is Chick before Lil can carry him around in her arms?
(a) 18 months old.
(b) Four months old.
(c) Lil is never able to hold him.
(d) Three years old.
14. How did the Binewski family children interact with the children of the town?
(a) The Binewski children put on special shows for neighborhood children.
(b) The Binewski children sold their friendships to the highest paying buyers.
(c) The Binewski children were kept separate from all other children.
(d) The Binewski children were sent to regular elementary school.
15. What is Chick's hidden power?
(a) Ability to fly.
(c) Telekinetic ability.
(d) X-ray vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chick's birth name?
2. Who hires Dr. Phyllis to stay on full time?
3. What unusual weather event is happening on the twins' birthday?
4. Who is Leona, the girl with the alligator tail?
5. What is Miranda's birth defect?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)