|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new religion introduced in the middle of the novel?
2. How did Aloysius Binewski and Lillian Hinchcliff meet?
(a) Lillian's father was a wealthy benefactor for the traveling circus.
(b) Lillian fell into the giant cat cage and Aloysius saved her.
(c) Lillian volunteered as a Geek in Aloysius' show.
(d) Lillian and Aloysuis were raised together from childhood.
3. What is Vern Bogner's emotional state when he arrives at the shopping station?
4. Alma Witherspoon has been pen pals with someone for a long time and is terrified to meet him. Who is her pen pal?
(a) Horst the Cat Man.
(b) Her long-lost father.
(c) Zephr McGurk.
(d) A convict in jail.
5. What job does Zephr McGurk take on in order to stay close to Arty?
6. How do the Binewski children interact with each other?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are close friends.
(c) They are too busy to spend time together.
(d) They view each other as co-workers only.
7. How do Lil and Al obtain their freakish children?
(a) Lil and Al adopt unwanted children from orphanages.
(b) The children are scientifically created in test tubes.
(c) Lil experiments with drugs during her pregnancies.
(d) The children are dropped off at the circus by frightened parents.
8. What is Chick's birth name?
9. How are the children treated by the doctors at the hospital?
(a) The doctors handle them as though they are fragile.
(b) The doctors handle them with reverence.
(c) The doctors treat them normally.
(d) The doctors handle them roughly.
10. Who hires Dr. Phyllis to stay on full time?
11. What is surprising to Oly about Miranda?
(a) That she doesn't seem to have any talent.
(b) That she is unattractive.
(c) That she is so shy.
(d) That she seems normal.
12. How does Oly react to Miranda's information about Miss Lick?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She is confused.
13. Who performed the surgery on Dr. Phyllis' abdomen to remove what she believe was implanted there?
(a) She performed the surgery on herself.
(c) Al Binewski.
(d) Her roommate.
14. Why was Oly considered a disappointment when she is first born?
(a) Because she was born completely healthy.
(b) Because it was only obvious at birth that she was an albino.
(c) Because she was born a freak.
(d) Because it was only obvious at birth that she was a dwarf.
15. Which name does Iphy say in her sleep, infuriating Elly?
(b) Vern Bogner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leona, the girl with the alligator tail?
2. What does Vern Bogner do when he sees the Binewskis step out of their car?
3. Where is Chick kept when he cannot be watched by his family?
4. How does Al first utilize Chick's abilities?
5. What do the twins experience for the first time on their 14th birthday?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)