|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oly's father training her to do for the circus?
(a) Perform as the Geek.
(b) Pickpocket unsuspecting customers.
(c) Train the large cats.
(d) Act as a vocal announcer.
2. Who is the first Binewski child to earn their own van?
3. What sport does Oly take up in order to get closer to Miss Lick?
4. How did the Binewski family children interact with the children of the town?
(a) The Binewski children sold their friendships to the highest paying buyers.
(b) The Binewski children were kept separate from all other children.
(c) The Binewski children put on special shows for neighborhood children.
(d) The Binewski children were sent to regular elementary school.
5. How does Arty imply that Leona dies?
(a) He killed her.
(b) She drown.
(c) She was eaten by the giant cats.
(d) She was poisoned.
6. What is Miranda's birth defect?
(a) She has telekenetic powers.
(b) She is an albino hunchback.
(c) She was born with a tail.
(d) She has no birth defect.
7. What job does Zephr McGurk take on in order to stay close to Arty?
8. How does Oly react to Miranda's information about Miss Lick?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is upset.
9. How old is Chick when he begins working for the circus?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Six months old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
10. What does Oly believe is a character trait that is in her genes?
(a) The ability to put on a good show.
(b) The ability to blend into her surroundings.
(c) The ability to speak well in front of crowds.
(d) The ability to attract men despite her appearance.
11. Who performed the surgery on Dr. Phyllis' abdomen to remove what she believe was implanted there?
(a) She performed the surgery on herself.
(c) Al Binewski.
(d) Her roommate.
12. What are the followers of the new religion called?
(a) The Admitted.
(b) The Geeks.
(c) The Chosen.
(d) The Freaks.
13. Even though Oly spends most of her adulthood in hiding, what does she do spontaneously that seems out of character?
(a) She puts on a strip show at the club where Miranda works.
(b) She pretends to drown at the pool where Miranda is a lifeguard.
(c) She jumps into the giant cat cage to save Miranda.
(d) She critiques Miranda's pastries.
14. What is the Geek's job in the circus?
(a) To clean Arturo's tank.
(b) To rip the head off live chickens.
(c) To tell stories to the children before they go to bed.
(d) To tame and train the giant cats.
15. What is Chick's birth defect?
(a) He has telekinetic powers.
(b) He is a Siamese twin.
(c) He is an albino hunchback.
(d) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Binewski children interact with each other?
2. How does the family measure the value of the children?
3. What did Dr. Phyllis believe was implanted in her abdomen while she was in medical school?
4. How are the children treated by the doctors at the hospital?
5. What sick animal does Arty give to the twins for their 14th birthday?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)