|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vern Bogner's emotional state when he arrives at the shopping station?
2. What is on display in the Chute?
(a) The Binewski children who have died.
(b) The awards that the Binewski children have won.
(c) Photographs of the Binewski children throughout their childhoods.
(d) The scientific directions for how each Binewski child was created.
3. Even though Oly spends most of her adulthood in hiding, what does she do spontaneously that seems out of character?
(a) She pretends to drown at the pool where Miranda is a lifeguard.
(b) She jumps into the giant cat cage to save Miranda.
(c) She critiques Miranda's pastries.
(d) She puts on a strip show at the club where Miranda works.
4. How are the children treated by the doctors at the hospital?
(a) The doctors handle them roughly.
(b) The doctors handle them as though they are fragile.
(c) The doctors handle them with reverence.
(d) The doctors treat them normally.
5. What does Oly decide must happen with Miss Lick?
(a) She must date Miss Lick.
(b) She must kill Miss Lick.
(c) She must mutliate Miss Lick.
(d) She must go into business with Miss Lick.
6. What sport does Oly take up in order to get closer to Miss Lick?
7. What does Oly keep in the chest hidden in her apartment?
(a) Memorabilia from her own childhood.
(b) Memorabilia from Miranda's childhood.
(c) Memorabilia from the circus.
(d) Memorabilia from her first love.
8. What does Lil give Chick permission to do with his powers after he witnesses Mariposa's accident?
(a) To make himself rich.
(b) To harm people.
(c) To speak to animals.
(d) To help people.
9. How old is Chick before Lil can carry him around in her arms?
(a) Four months old.
(b) 18 months old.
(c) Lil is never able to hold him.
(d) Three years old.
10. Who is Miranda?
(a) A young woman who lives in Oly's tenement building.
(b) The landlord of Oly's tenement building.
(c) An old friend of Crystal Lil.
(d) A homeless youth on the street outside Oly's tenement building.
11. How does the family measure the value of the children?
(a) By their grade point average.
(b) By the amount of chores they can perform at home.
(c) By how affectionate they are with their siblings.
(d) By their ticket sales.
12. What is Arty's birth defect?
(a) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(b) He is an albino hunchback.
(c) He has no birth defect.
(d) He was born with a tail.
13. How does Al first utilize Chick's abilities?
(a) He teaches Chick how to pickpocket the crowd.
(b) He teaches Chick how to announce the other shows.
(c) He teaches Chick how to train the giant cats.
(d) He teaches Chick how to play the piano during the twin's show.
14. Who hires Dr. Phyllis to stay on full time?
15. What do Al and Lil believe about their children?
(a) That they hope they will one day live normal lives.
(b) That the more freakish they are, the less valuable.
(c) That the ones born "normal" bring them equal joy.
(d) That the more freakish they are, the more valuable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Chick is hungry and Lil does not come to feed him?
2. What is Oly's father training her to do for the circus?
3. What is Miranda's job at this establishment?
4. How does Arty imply that Leona dies?
5. Who performed the surgery on Dr. Phyllis' abdomen to remove what she believe was implanted there?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)