|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miranda's job at this establishment?
(a) She is a giant cat trainer.
(b) She is a pastry chef.
(c) She is an exotic dancer.
(d) She is a lifeguard.
2. How do the Binewski children interact with each other?
(a) They are close friends.
(b) They are too busy to spend time together.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They view each other as co-workers only.
3. Why doesn't Oly tell her mother who she is?
(a) Oly is afraid that her mother will not recognize her.
(b) Oly doesn't know that Crystal Lil is her mother.
(c) Oly believes her mother has chosen to forget her.
(d) Oly plans on telling her mother but has never had the opportunity.
4. Which ailment of age does NOT affect Crystal Lil?
(c) Mental instability.
5. Who is Miranda?
(a) A homeless youth on the street outside Oly's tenement building.
(b) A young woman who lives in Oly's tenement building.
(c) The landlord of Oly's tenement building.
(d) An old friend of Crystal Lil.
6. What is the name of the establishment where Miranda works?
(a) The Paper Castle.
(b) The Dark Horse.
(c) The Glass House.
(d) The Slippery Rock.
7. Why does Arty begin to grow jealous of young Chick?
(a) Because Chick's powers are the most valuable.
(b) Because Chick appears outwardly normal.
(c) Because Chick is too young to realize that he is a freak.
(d) Because he has a larger bedroom.
8. What body part is Zephr McGurk missing?
(a) His arms.
(b) He is not missing body parts.
(c) His legs.
(d) His face.
9. What is Elly's birth defect?
(a) She is a Siamese twin.
(b) She has no birth defect.
(c) She was born with a tail.
(d) She has flippers instead of hands and feet.
10. Why was Oly considered a disappointment when she is first born?
(a) Because it was only obvious at birth that she was a dwarf.
(b) Because she was born completely healthy.
(c) Because it was only obvious at birth that she was an albino.
(d) Because she was born a freak.
11. How does Al first utilize Chick's abilities?
(a) He teaches Chick how to train the giant cats.
(b) He teaches Chick how to announce the other shows.
(c) He teaches Chick how to play the piano during the twin's show.
(d) He teaches Chick how to pickpocket the crowd.
12. What is Chick's birth defect?
(a) He has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(b) He is an albino hunchback.
(c) He has telekinetic powers.
(d) He is a Siamese twin.
13. How does Arty repay Zephr McGurk for the work he does on the show?
(a) He fires Zephr.
(b) He pays Zephr in cash.
(c) He mutliates Zephr.
(d) He gives Zephr women.
14. What is Oly's father training her to do for the circus?
(a) Act as a vocal announcer.
(b) Train the large cats.
(c) Pickpocket unsuspecting customers.
(d) Perform as the Geek.
15. Which family member does the adult Oly live with?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lil and Al obtain their freakish children?
2. What does Lil give Chick permission to do with his powers after he witnesses Mariposa's accident?
3. When Oly arrives home after visiting Miranda's work, what is she worried about that prevents her from falling asleep?
4. What does Arty begin predicting in his act in an attempt to draw larger crowds?
5. What does Oly believe is a character trait that is in her genes?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)