|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda ask Oly to do for her?
(a) To loan her money for school.
(b) To pose for a medical drawings.
(c) To take care of her cat while she is away.
(d) To give an interview about circus life.
2. Who is Leona, the girl with the alligator tail?
(a) A performer in a rival circus.
(b) Oly's imaginary friend.
(c) Arty's love interest.
(d) A Binewski child who died.
3. How did Aloysius Binewski and Lillian Hinchcliff meet?
(a) Lillian volunteered as a Geek in Aloysius' show.
(b) Lillian's father was a wealthy benefactor for the traveling circus.
(c) Lillian fell into the giant cat cage and Aloysius saved her.
(d) Lillian and Aloysuis were raised together from childhood.
4. What is the Geek's job in the circus?
(a) To clean Arturo's tank.
(b) To tell stories to the children before they go to bed.
(c) To rip the head off live chickens.
(d) To tame and train the giant cats.
5. Who is Miranda?
(a) The landlord of Oly's tenement building.
(b) A young woman who lives in Oly's tenement building.
(c) An old friend of Crystal Lil.
(d) A homeless youth on the street outside Oly's tenement building.
6. What does Chick chant when Mariposa, a circus performer, has an accident that injures her and kills her horse?
(a) "She deserved it."
(b) "Oh, no."
(c) "I hate horses."
(d) "It hurts."
7. How does Oly react to Miranda's information about Miss Lick?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She is upset.
8. What is on display in the Chute?
(a) The awards that the Binewski children have won.
(b) Photographs of the Binewski children throughout their childhoods.
(c) The scientific directions for how each Binewski child was created.
(d) The Binewski children who have died.
9. What is Elly's birth defect?
(a) She was born with a tail.
(b) She has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(c) She is a Siamese twin.
(d) She has no birth defect.
10. How does Chick react to the task that Arty makes him perform?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He cries.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He laughs.
11. Which family member does the adult Oly live with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
12. What does Miss Lick desire to do with attractive women?
(a) Mutilate them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Befriend them.
(d) Date them.
13. Who comes with Al to remove the children from the hospital?
(a) Miss Lick.
(b) Horst, the Cat Man.
(c) Crystal Lil.
(d) Vern Bogner.
14. How do Lil and Al obtain their freakish children?
(a) Lil experiments with drugs during her pregnancies.
(b) The children are scientifically created in test tubes.
(c) The children are dropped off at the circus by frightened parents.
(d) Lil and Al adopt unwanted children from orphanages.
15. What sick animal does Arty give to the twins for their 14th birthday?
(a) A cow.
(b) A cat..
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Zephr McGurk take on in order to stay close to Arty?
2. What sport does Oly take up in order to get closer to Miss Lick?
3. Who hires Dr. Phyllis to stay on full time?
4. How does Zephr McGurk affect Arty's show?
5. How does Al first utilize Chick's abilities?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)