Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miranda reveals that she has recently been approached by a woman named Miss Lick with an interesting offer to make money. What does Miranda have to do in this deal?
(a) Have her tail removed.
(b) Research the history of the Binewski family.
(c) Perform as a Geek in the circus.
(d) Spy on Crystal Lil.
2. Why do the children have to go to the hospital?
(a) To visit patients with rare medical conditions.
(b) To be checked up by doctors who are specialists.
(c) To address wounds from the shooting.
(d) To meet a doctor who wishes to act as a benefactor for the circus.
3. How does Chick react to the task that Arty makes him perform?
(a) He cries.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He laughs.
4. How old is Chick before Lil can carry him around in her arms?
(a) Four months old.
(b) Lil is never able to hold him.
(c) 18 months old.
(d) Three years old.
5. What did Dr. Phyllis believe was implanted in her abdomen while she was in medical school?
(a) A monitoring device.
(b) A tumor.
(c) A fetus.
(d) A camera.
6. How does Crystal Lil watch television?
(a) She does not believe in watching television.
(b) With a giant magnifying glass.
(c) Through the window, into the neighbor's apartment.
(d) In a recliner, under her lucky afghan.
7. What does Chick chant when Mariposa, a circus performer, has an accident that injures her and kills her horse?
(a) "It hurts."
(b) "Oh, no."
(c) "I hate horses."
(d) "She deserved it."
8. What is on display in the Chute?
(a) The scientific directions for how each Binewski child was created.
(b) The awards that the Binewski children have won.
(c) Photographs of the Binewski children throughout their childhoods.
(d) The Binewski children who have died.
9. Which ailment of age does NOT affect Crystal Lil?
(b) Mental instability.
10. When Oly sneaks away to listen to a story while she is supposed to be watching Chick, what happens while she is gone?
(a) Arty tries to smother Chick.
(b) Chick damages the engine of the bus, leaving the family stranded.
(c) Chick attacks Arty while he is sleeping.
(d) Chick wanders off and is lost in the woods.
11. How does Arty imply that Leona dies?
(a) She drown.
(b) She was eaten by the giant cats.
(c) He killed her.
(d) She was poisoned.
12. Who is Miranda?
(a) The landlord of Oly's tenement building.
(b) A homeless youth on the street outside Oly's tenement building.
(c) An old friend of Crystal Lil.
(d) A young woman who lives in Oly's tenement building.
13. Even though Oly spends most of her adulthood in hiding, what does she do spontaneously that seems out of character?
(a) She jumps into the giant cat cage to save Miranda.
(b) She puts on a strip show at the club where Miranda works.
(c) She pretends to drown at the pool where Miranda is a lifeguard.
(d) She critiques Miranda's pastries.
14. Aside from the Binewski daughters, what is the hair color of all the other girls who work for the circus?
15. What body part is Zephr McGurk missing?
(a) His legs.
(b) His face.
(c) His arms.
(d) He is not missing body parts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Phyllis take over that was initially Al's job?
2. How do the rest of the children respond to Dr. Phyllis' new position?
3. Who cleans the Chute?
4. What do the twins experience for the first time on their 14th birthday?
5. Why doesn't Oly tell her mother who she is?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)