|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miranda?
(a) A homeless youth on the street outside Oly's tenement building.
(b) The landlord of Oly's tenement building.
(c) An old friend of Crystal Lil.
(d) A young woman who lives in Oly's tenement building.
2. How does Crystal Lil watch television?
(a) Through the window, into the neighbor's apartment.
(b) With a giant magnifying glass.
(c) In a recliner, under her lucky afghan.
(d) She does not believe in watching television.
3. Aside from the Binewski daughters, what is the hair color of all the other girls who work for the circus?
4. Where do the twins hide on their birthday?
(a) In the portable bathrooms.
(b) In the giant cat cage.
(c) In their parents' bedroom.
(d) In Arty's tank.
5. What type of food does Miss Lick's family produce?
(a) Microwave dinners.
(b) Free range meats.
(c) Organic pizzas.
(d) International soups.
6. What do Al and Lil believe about their children?
(a) That the more freakish they are, the more valuable.
(b) That the ones born "normal" bring them equal joy.
(c) That the more freakish they are, the less valuable.
(d) That they hope they will one day live normal lives.
7. Which name does Iphy say in her sleep, infuriating Elly?
(c) Vern Bogner.
8. What unusual weather event is happening on the twins' birthday?
(a) A sandstorm.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A whiteout.
9. How are the children treated by the doctors at the hospital?
(a) The doctors treat them normally.
(b) The doctors handle them roughly.
(c) The doctors handle them with reverence.
(d) The doctors handle them as though they are fragile.
10. Where does Oly work as an adult?
(a) At a radio station.
(b) For the Binewski circus.
(c) At a doctor's office.
(d) She is unemployed.
11. When Oly arrives home after visiting Miranda's work, what is she worried about that prevents her from falling asleep?
(a) The police coming to arrest her.
(b) Her own pride.
(c) The nightmares that plague her.
(d) Miranda's safety traveling home from work.
12. What does Chick chant when Mariposa, a circus performer, has an accident that injures her and kills her horse?
(a) "Oh, no."
(b) "It hurts."
(c) "I hate horses."
(d) "She deserved it."
13. What did Dr. Phyllis believe was implanted in her abdomen while she was in medical school?
(a) A fetus.
(b) A tumor.
(c) A monitoring device.
(d) A camera.
14. What do the twins experience for the first time on their 14th birthday?
(a) Their first kiss.
(b) Their first vision.
(c) Their first seizure.
(d) Their first menstrual cycle.
15. What do Oly and Miss Lick watch together?
(a) Soap operas.
(b) Home videos.
(c) Political debates.
(d) Sporting events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Zephr McGurk wish to alleviate for Arty?
2. What is Oly's father training her to do for the circus?
3. What happens when Chick is hungry and Lil does not come to feed him?
4. How is Alma Witherspoon described?
5. What sport does Oly take up in order to get closer to Miss Lick?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)