|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 19, Witness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick chant when Mariposa, a circus performer, has an accident that injures her and kills her horse?
(a) "Oh, no."
(b) "She deserved it."
(c) "It hurts."
(d) "I hate horses."
2. How does the family measure the value of the children?
(a) By their ticket sales.
(b) By the amount of chores they can perform at home.
(c) By their grade point average.
(d) By how affectionate they are with their siblings.
3. How is Alma Witherspoon described?
(a) Overweight but attractive.
(b) Thin but unattractive.
(c) Overweight and unattractive.
(d) Thin and attractive.
4. What do Al and Lil believe about their children?
(a) That the more freakish they are, the more valuable.
(b) That they hope they will one day live normal lives.
(c) That the more freakish they are, the less valuable.
(d) That the ones born "normal" bring them equal joy.
5. What is Oly's birth defect?
(a) She has flippers instead of hands and feet.
(b) She has no birth defect.
(c) She is an albino hunchback.
(d) She is a Siamese twin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Chick when he begins working for the circus?
2. Even though Oly spends most of her adulthood in hiding, what does she do spontaneously that seems out of character?
3. What is the Geek's job in the circus?
4. What is Chick's birth defect?
5. What does Vern Bogner do when he sees the Binewskis step out of their car?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)