|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Toffler say familiar objects have on people?
2. What effect does an increasing rate of change have on the differences between age groups?
3. What does Toffler say is distorted in over-stimulated people?
4. What fields will spur the movement that affects choice in the future?
5. What would one benefit of government involvement in change management be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toffler say victims of future shock deal with their situation?
2. What is entailed in changing a lifestyle?
3. What is the danger of change in a super-industrial culture?
4. How does Toffler describe the successful adaptation to change?
5. How does future shock affect decision-making processes?
6. What does Toffler say the future will bring for individuals?
7. What will the consequence be if new technologies are not controlled?
8. How does Toffler say the orientation of the schools will have to change?
9. What will planners need to have in order to make an education system that prepares people for the future?
10. Why can't the system police itself with regard to new technologies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was the change from industrialism to super-industrialism qualitative or quantitative? Is there a substantive difference between industrialism and super-industrialism, or are they merely different in the speed of the change?
Essay Topic 2
How would you characterize Toffler's views in terms of our contemporary political dialogue? Which parties would Toffler be most sympathetic with, based on the ideas in Future Shock? What kind of political policies could Future Shock be used to support?
Essay Topic 3
What is this kind of book supposed to do, if anything? Is it merely supposed to sell copies? What should this book be used for? By whom? What are the limitations to a book like Toffler's?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)