|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toffler say Shakespeare would experience today?
2. What caused migrations in America, in Toffler's account?
3. Which relationship is not one of the relationships Toffler describes as comprising social experience?
4. How do many people treat change, as Toffler describes it?
5. What is the economics of transience?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toffler say commuting has affected the future society?
2. How does future shock manifest?
3. How is future shock different than culture shock?
4. How will marriage be affected by the super-industrial culture?
5. What is the modular man?
6. What are the three characteristics of bureaucracy, in Toffler's account?
7. What developments does Toffler foresee in agriculture and food production?
8. What does Toffler foresee in terms of exploring the ocean?
9. How will super-industrialism affect the family?
10. What is the effect of change within organizations on future society?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is this kind of book supposed to do, if anything? Is it merely supposed to sell copies? What should this book be used for? By whom? What are the limitations to a book like Toffler's?
Essay Topic 2
How realistic are Toffler's suggestions for mitigating change in culture? How would you characterize his solutions? What do they say about his values? What options does he consider? What options does he not consider? What do they say about his analysis and his priorities? What are the benefits of Toffler's perspective? What are the limitations?
Essay Topic 3
What objections could be made to Toffler's suggestions for methods of remedying or preventing or mitigating the accelerative thrust? What would likely occur if his prescriptions were followed? What would the benefits be? What adverse effects might there be?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)