|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toffler call the worker in the new organization?
2. How does Toffler describe future shock?
3. How does Toffler describe a job in a bureaucracy?
4. What part of spring break does Toffler say makes it worthwhile for beach communities?
5. What industries does Toffler say will grow in the economy of the future?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the modular man?
2. What did migration mean in Europe and in America?
3. How does future shock manifest?
4. What is the effect of urbanization on relationships?
5. How does the rate of change affect professionals?
6. How does technology and specialization affect occupations?
7. How is future shock different than culture shock?
8. What is the role of the organization in the future society?
9. What does Toffler foresee in the technology of fertility treatments?
10. How does Toffler describe deeper relationships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When is the starting date for super-industrial culture? What event marks its inception? Where did it start and under what conditions? Where is it still emerging? Where are people fighting its emergence? What methods have they used to fight it?
Essay Topic 2
How would you characterize Toffler's views in terms of our contemporary political dialogue? Which parties would Toffler be most sympathetic with, based on the ideas in Future Shock? What kind of political policies could Future Shock be used to support?
Essay Topic 3
Is Toffler a pessimist or a realist? Is it possible to call him an optimist, insofar as he diagnoses a problem and prescribes a course of action for treating it?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)