|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Holmes and Rahe find in their study?
(a) A correlation between rate of change and suicide.
(b) A correlation between success and loneliness.
(c) A correlation between rate of change and individual health.
(d) A correlation between technology and depression.
2. What does Toffler propose as a method for dealing with future shock?
(c) Situational groups.
3. What is the right amount of change called?
(a) The adaptive range.
(b) Balanced stumulation.
(c) The statistical norm.
(d) Behavioral health.
4. What do subgroups provide for people?
(a) A haven from the market.
(b) A way to express political opinions.
(c) An antidote for loneliness.
(d) An income and social belonging.
5. How can social change be mitigated?
(a) By keeping agriculture local.
(b) By restricting industrial growth.
(c) By keeping agriculture local.
(d) By examining the consequences of technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toffler call modern people who live in tropical climates?
2. What does Toffler say the future will do to people?
3. What is the danger in society's rate of change, in Toffler's opinion?
4. What does Toffler propose in order to institute his plan to protect against future shock?
5. What is the other effect of increasing rate of change on different age groups?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Toffler design curricula for the future education system?
2. Who should investigate the effects of new technologies on society?
3. What will planners need to have in order to make an education system that prepares people for the future?
4. What does Toffler say the future will bring for individuals?
5. What is entailed in changing a lifestyle?
6. What does a subcult give a person?
7. How does Toffler say super-industrialism has affected education?
8. What will the place of enclaves be in future society?
9. What physical systems does Toffler associate with illness from change?
10. How does Toffler say the orientation of the schools will have to change?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)