|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do modern people have to identify?
(d) Religious groups.
2. What does Toffler say about conduct, manners and language?
(a) There is no broad agreement about them.
(b) They are unique to each individual.
(c) They are jeopardized by mass media.
(d) They are standardized by mass media.
3. How has super-industrial culture changed the financial system?
(a) By encouraging people to invest.
(b) By encouraging large amounts of debt.
(c) By making new investment vehicles.
(d) By separating the worker classes from the management class.
4. What is a stability zone?
(a) A group of familiar people.
(b) A family home to return to.
(c) A pattern of familiar habits.
(d) An adaptive religion.
5. What measure would Toffler like to be able to use on society?
(a) A measure of a people's happiness.
(b) A measure of a people's resiliency.
(c) A measure of the livability of a country.
(d) A measure of a people's real misery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toffler say can we prevent future shock?
2. What evidence does Toffler use for his characterization of his society?
3. What does change affect in a person's psychology?
4. How will new technologies help people, in Toffler's opinion?
5. What is the right amount of change called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does change affect people's health?
2. What will planners need to have in order to make an education system that prepares people for the future?
3. How does Toffler say the orientation of the schools will have to change?
4. How does Toffler say super-industrialism has affected education?
5. How does future shock affect decision-making processes?
6. What does an individual need to do to prepare for the future and avoid future shock?
7. How will a person's choice of products be affected by super-industrialism?
8. How will morals change in a super-industrial culture?
9. How is super-industrialism affecting the segmentation of the population?
10. What does Toffler say people need to do in order to deal with the coming future?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)