|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toffler say the future will do to people?
(a) Change their genetic structure.
(b) Reinvent the laws of society.
(c) Provide for unprecedented numbers of satisfied people.
(d) Push them toward the top of the adaptive range.
2. What is technology based on in the West, in Toffler's account?
(c) The common good.
(d) Cost-benefit calculation.
3. What fields will spur the movement that affects choice in the future?
4. What is the other effect of increasing rate of change on different age groups?
(a) It increases homogeneity.
(b) It segments the population.
(c) It increases diversity.
(d) It diminishes cultural or regional differences.
5. What does the accelerative thrust of society require, in Toffler's account?
(a) Nutritional supplements.
(b) More healing time.
(c) Faster decision-making.
(d) Strong family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toffler predict with regard to choice in future culture?
2. What does Toffler say about preventing future shock?
3. What is NOT a symptom of future shock?
4. What is someone supposed to do once they choose their identity?
5. What organizations does Toffler cite as an example of an organization that mitigates future shock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What purpose do subcults serve?
2. What is the role of the lifestyle in super-industrial culture?
3. How does Toffler say the orientation of the schools will have to change?
4. What does Toffler say people need to do in order to deal with the coming future?
5. How does Toffler say victims of future shock deal with their situation?
6. What will the consequence be if new technologies are not controlled?
7. How does Toffler describe the successful adaptation to change?
8. What will the place of enclaves be in future society?
9. What is entailed in changing a lifestyle?
10. Who does Toffler use as examples of victims of over-stimulation and future shock?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)