|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does change affect in a person's psychology?
(a) Their decision-making process.
(b) Their ability to solve problems.
(c) Their ability to orient themselves in time and space.
(d) Their ability to acquire language.
2. What will happen if preventative steps are not taken, in Toffler's account?
(a) Society will collapse.
(b) Culture will be ruined.
(c) Society will be striated by class.
(d) People with power will rule unchecked.
3. What industry does Toffler cite as an example of Americans' choices?
(a) The travel industry.
(b) The auto industry.
(c) The telecommunications industry.
(d) The oil industry.
4. What does Toffler say about conduct, manners and language?
(a) They are unique to each individual.
(b) They are jeopardized by mass media.
(c) They are standardized by mass media.
(d) There is no broad agreement about them.
5. What is the result of too much change?
(b) Lethargy and apathy.
(d) Manic depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where else does Toffler see evidence of the psychology of over-stimulation?
2. What do subgroups provide for people?
3. What does Toffler say groups have to do?
4. What will be the benefit of a set of descriptive indices?
5. What is affected when a person's life changes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will the place of enclaves be in future society?
2. How does change affect people's health?
3. How does Toffler say victims of future shock deal with their situation?
4. How will a person's choice of products be affected by super-industrialism?
5. How will morals change in a super-industrial culture?
6. What does Toffler say the future will bring for individuals?
7. How does future shock affect decision-making processes?
8. How would Toffler design curricula for the future education system?
9. What is the role of the lifestyle in super-industrial culture?
10. Who does Toffler use as examples of victims of over-stimulation and future shock?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)