|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toffler describe future shock?
(a) As a transformative agent.
(b) As a disease.
(c) As an opportunity.
(d) As a temporary condition.
2. How does Toffler describe a job in a bureaucracy?
(a) A reciprocal relationship with an organization that participates in the worker's development.
(b) An unchanging role with a fixed set of expectations.
(c) A series of organizational problems to solve.
(d) A flexible role within a developing organization.
3. How do many people treat change, as Toffler describes it?
(a) They fight it.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They find opportunity in it.
(d) They invite it.
4. What will lead to divorce in the society of the future?
(a) Partners reacting to change differently.
(b) New fertility technologies.
(c) The decline of religion.
(d) The development of digital pornography.
5. What remedy might the family have against the pressures of future culture?
(a) More educational options.
(b) More leisure time.
(c) More mobility.
(d) More disposable income.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which groups move most often, in Toffler's account?
2. How have careers changed in super-industrial culture?
3. How will parenthood change in the future Toffler sees?
4. What does Toffler say has become less important in commuter culture?
5. What does Toffler say has been a consequence of mobility in Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does future shock manifest?
2. What will change mean for the people of the future, in Toffler's account?
3. How will super-industrialism affect the family?
4. How has home-relocation affected the future society?
5. Describe the importance of the automobile in the super-industrial society.
6. What does Toffler foresee in terms of exploring the ocean?
7. How does the rate of change affect professionals?
8. What are the three characteristics of bureaucracy, in Toffler's account?
9. How will super-industrialism change the economics of society?
10. How does Toffler say commuting has affected the future society?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)