|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of spring break does Toffler say makes it worthwhile for beach communities?
(a) Student energy.
(b) Student spending.
(c) Student volunteers.
(d) Influx of talent and intellect.
2. What symptom does Toffler describe as an aspect of future shock?
3. What does Toffler predict men will be able to do?
(a) Replicate plant life.
(b) Farm fish.
(c) Breathe underwater.
(d) Farm the ocean floor.
4. What was it that attracted immigrants to America, according to Toffler?
(a) The right to free speech.
(b) The political stability.
(c) The freedom from the past.
(d) The fast-paced life.
5. Who are the people of the future in Toffler's definition?
(a) The black sheep of society.
(b) The fast-paced people.
(c) The people who resist the rat-race.
(d) The traditionalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toffler foresee with regard to the oceans?
2. What will not be an option, in Toffler's view of the future?
3. What remedy might the family have against the pressures of future culture?
4. What will the future entail in Toffler's account?
5. How do the social experiences Toffler defines register the development of culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toffler describe the pace of modern life and its effect on society?
2. How does future shock manifest?
3. What is the effect of change within organizations on future society?
4. How does Toffler describe deeper relationships?
5. How does transience affect modern society?
6. How will marriage be affected by the super-industrial culture?
7. How does technology and specialization affect occupations?
8. What is the effect of the economics of transience?
9. What are the three characteristics of bureaucracy, in Toffler's account?
10. How does Toffler say commuting has affected the future society?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)