|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toffler use as an example of companies of the future?
(a) Club med.
(b) Goldman Sachs.
(d) Bank of America.
2. What will not be an option, in Toffler's view of the future?
(a) Implanting embryos in the uterus.
(b) Returning to the past.
(c) Manipulating genes.
(d) Keeping up with the pace of change.
3. What techniques had Japan pioneered at the time of Toffler's writing?
(a) Using bacteria in food production.
(b) Living underwater.
(d) Mapping underwater resources.
4. What does Toffler call the worker in the new organization?
(a) Family man.
(b) Fraternal man.
(c) Corporate man.
(d) Associative man.
5. What does the automobile contribute to super-industrial culture?
(a) Decreased efficiency.
(b) Diminished family loyalty.
(c) More and more industrial waste.
(d) Increased mobility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence of people relocating their homes more often in super-industrial culture?
2. What is the consequence of high mobility, according to Toffler?
3. What will people want in the new economy Toffler imagines?
4. What characterizes relationships in big cities, in Tommo's opinion?
5. What is leading the super-industrial revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the modular man?
2. What will change mean for the people of the future, in Toffler's account?
3. What is the role of the organization in the future society?
4. What is the effect of the acceleration of information?
5. What is a durational expectancy, and how has modern society affected durational expectancies?
6. How does Toffler describe the pace of modern life and its effect on society?
7. What did migration mean in Europe and in America?
8. What does Toffler foresee in the technology of fertility treatments?
9. How will super-industrialism change the economics of society?
10. What is the effect of urbanization on relationships?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)