|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the changes of the future result in, as Toffler describes it?
(a) People not having a say in their governments.
(b) People not being able to afford medical care.
(c) People not getting enough food.
(d) People not knowing what makes sense.
2. What part of spring break does Toffler say makes it valuable for students?
(a) The beach is a place to apply their learning.
(b) The beach is a place to study.
(c) The beach is an escape.
(d) The beach is a different experience.
3. How has commuting changed in super-industrial culture?
(a) People live longer lives.
(b) People commute farther.
(c) People work in more places.
(d) People change jobs more often.
4. With whom does a person have medium-term relationships, according to Toffler?
5. What will happen to the current economic model in the future Toffler imagines?
(a) It will adapt to the new environment.
(b) It will not be applicable.
(c) It will cause turmoil as it dies out in the future.
(d) It will cause tension and conflict with the new model.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are a man's colleagues in the new kind of organization?
2. What shift will take place in the future Toffler describes?
3. What is the reason for the shortening of relationships?
4. What will changes in agriculture mean for the future Toffler foresees?
5. What is happening to the bureaucracy, in Toffler's account?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the effect of urbanization on relationships?
2. How will super-industrialism affect the family?
3. What will change mean for the people of the future, in Toffler's account?
4. What does Toffler foresee in terms of exploring the ocean?
5. How will super-industrialism change the economics of society?
6. What is the effect of change within organizations on future society?
7. How does future shock manifest?
8. How does transience affect modern society?
9. How does technology and specialization affect occupations?
10. What does Toffler foresee in the technology of fertility treatments?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)