|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shift does the future bring, in Toffler's account?
(a) From industrialism to super-industrialism.
(b) From agriculture to high-technology.
(c) From industrialism to democracy.
(d) From democracy to totalitarianism.
2. What line will industries blur in the future, according to Toffler?
(a) Between revenue and profit.
(b) Between expenses and deductions.
(c) Between public and private.
(d) Between reality and illusion.
3. What effect does renting have on people, in Toffler's account?
(a) Diminishes nationalism.
(b) Shortens the man-thing relationship.
(c) Deemphasizes the territorial instinct.
(d) Intensifies the territorial instincts.
4. Which relationship is not one of the relationships Toffler describes as comprising social experience?
5. What medical developments does Toffler say will result in moral conundrums?
(a) Better joint replacement techniques.
(b) Cancer surgery.
(c) Organ transplants.
(d) Preventative care techniques.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will parenthood change in the future Toffler sees?
2. What is causing the revolution in modern society?
3. In what way is spring break in Ft. Lauderdale exemplary of super-industrial culture?
4. What is the consequence of high mobility, according to Toffler?
5. What do deeper relationships involve, in Toffler's account?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the effect of change within organizations on future society?
2. How does future shock manifest?
3. What does Toffler say is the danger of high technology?
4. What is the effect of urbanization on relationships?
5. What does Toffler foresee in the technology of fertility treatments?
6. How does technology and specialization affect occupations?
7. How does Toffler say commuting has affected the future society?
8. How is future shock different than culture shock?
9. How does the rate of change affect professionals?
10. How will products and services be different in the new economy?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)