|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can government agencies do to measure change?
(a) Impose restrictive tariffs to limit the effect of new technology.
(b) Experiment on a small scale with each new technology.
(c) Develop models and perform simulations.
(d) Impose conditions on each new technology.
2. What would be the outcome of government agencies' involvement in change management?
(a) Tools for dealing with change.
(b) Models that predict human behavior in the future.
(c) Snapshots of a society's values.
(d) Evaluative criteria for different effects on society.
3. What does Toffler say about conduct, manners and language?
(a) There is no broad agreement about them.
(b) They are standardized by mass media.
(c) They are unique to each individual.
(d) They are jeopardized by mass media.
4. What should schools reflect, in Toffler's future?
(b) The Ad-Hocracy.
5. What power does society have, to resist advancements?
(a) To revolt against the government.
(b) To speak out against the changes.
(c) To bear arms against oppressors.
(d) To block new technologies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence of the faster pace of things, in Toffler's account?
2. In what way must curricula be changed, in Toffler's account?
3. What industry does Toffler cite as an example of Americans' choices?
4. What feeling results from the development of Toffler's future culture?
5. How has super-industrial culture changed the financial system?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)