|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the individual's relationship with the subgroup, in Toffler's account?
(a) He pledges to bring new converts to the subgroup.
(b) He serves as the group's representative wherever he goes.
(c) He identifies with certain characteristics and adapts them to his personality.
(d) He subordinates his ideas to the group's.
2. How does Toffler describe a person's choices in the future?
3. What needs to change as people adapt to future culture?
(a) People's sense of how long things take.
(b) People's sense of what things cost.
(c) People's sense of how much work things require.
(d) People's sense of their relations.
4. What category are more relationships taking place in, according to Toffler?
(a) Committed relationships.
(b) Service relationships.
(c) Family relationships.
(d) Professional relationships.
5. What kind of loyalty are the new kinds of organizations based on?
(a) Loyalty to the nation.
(b) Loyalty to the boss.
(c) Loyalty to the profession.
(d) Loyalty to the business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the benefit of cultural transience to manufacturers?
2. What makes future shock different than culture shock?
3. What do "subcults" give the people who belong to them, in Toffler's account?
4. What industry does Toffler cite as an example of Americans' choices?
5. What do deeper relationships involve, in Toffler's account?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)