|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Toffler describe for professionals in a future society?
(a) They will have more and more power in their fields.
(b) Their industries will become obsolete.
(c) They will not be able to keep up with changes.
(d) They will shrink in size as a social class.
2. What does Toffler call the decision to change lifestyle?
(a) An important decision.
(b) A life-or-death decision.
(c) The malady of transience.
(d) A super-decision.
3. What characterizes relationships in big cities, in Tommo's opinion?
(a) They are genuine.
(b) They are temporary.
(c) They are fear-based.
(d) They are brief.
4. What is causing the revolution in modern society?
(a) High finance.
(c) Environmental degradation.
5. What does Toffler say about the oceans?
(a) That they will destroy civilization.
(b) That they limit the expansion of human societies.
(c) That they have not been mapped.
(d) That they will rise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the social experiences Toffler defines register the development of culture?
2. What is someone supposed to do once they choose their identity?
3. How have careers changed in super-industrial culture?
4. What does Toffler use as an example of companies of the future?
5. What industry does Toffler cite as an example of Americans' choices?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)