|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the amount of change in an organization contribute to, according to Toffler?
(a) High suicide rates.
(b) Social mobility.
(c) Greater wealth.
(d) Shorter-duration relationships.
2. What does Toffler say has become less important in commuter culture?
(d) Distance and place.
3. What does Toffler propose as a standard for relationships?
(a) Total involvement.
(b) Role-based familiarity.
(c) Multi-generational knowledge.
(d) Personal intimacy.
4. What will not be an option, in Toffler's view of the future?
(a) Manipulating genes.
(b) Implanting embryos in the uterus.
(c) Returning to the past.
(d) Keeping up with the pace of change.
5. What term does Toffler use to describe marriage in the future?
(a) Serial marriage.
(b) Morganatic marriage.
(c) Civil union.
(d) Common-law marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shift will take place in the future Toffler describes?
2. What does Toffler call the worker in the new organization?
3. What part of spring break does Toffler say makes it worthwhile for beach communities?
4. What does Toffler say people get from mobility?
5. How have careers changed in super-industrial culture?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)