|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do people typically migrate, in America?
(a) To the suburbs.
(b) To the cities.
(c) To where there are jobs.
(d) To the exurbs.
2. What kind of loyalty are the new kinds of organizations based on?
(a) Loyalty to the profession.
(b) Loyalty to the boss.
(c) Loyalty to the nation.
(d) Loyalty to the business.
3. What kind of lifestyle does Toffler say is characterized by frequent moves?
(a) Manual laborer lifestyle.
(b) Corporate lifestyle.
(c) Illegal immigrant lifestyle.
(d) Middle-class lifestyle.
4. Which groups move most often, in Toffler's account?
(a) Technical workers.
(c) Doctors and dentists.
(d) Agricultural workers.
5. What makes future shock different than culture shock?
(a) Future shock is a cultural condition.
(b) Culture shock only happens in modern cultures.
(c) Culture shock only lasts for a generation before assimilation takes place.
(d) Future shock consists of familiar cues being replaced by unfamiliar cues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does renting have on people, in Toffler's account?
2. What do deeper relationships involve, in Toffler's account?
3. What does Toffler say has become less important in commuter culture?
4. What animals have been used in underwater research?
5. How does Toffler see organizations in the future?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)