|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toffler predict will come out of genetics?
(a) Cut-throat pharmaceutical companies.
(c) Medical gene therapies.
(d) Wars over intellectual property.
2. How does Toffler say technology will change pregnancy?
(a) Babies will be screened for diseases before birth.
(b) Babies will be routinely born in only 7 months.
(c) Mothers will be able to breast-feed longer.
(d) Babies will be nurtured outside the womb.
3. What is the reason for the shortening of relationships?
4. Which groups move most often, in Toffler's account?
(a) Technical workers.
(b) Doctors and dentists.
(c) Agricultural workers.
5. What do deeper relationships involve, in Toffler's account?
(a) Genetic similarity.
(b) Interactions with many aspects of a person's personality.
(c) Initiation rituals.
(d) Shared spiritual experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it that attracted immigrants to America, according to Toffler?
2. What caused migrations in Europe, in Toffler's account?
3. What will changes in agriculture mean for the future Toffler foresees?
4. What is leading the super-industrial revolution?
5. What part of spring break does Toffler say makes it worthwhile for beach communities?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)