|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What category are more relationships taking place in, according to Toffler?
(a) Service relationships.
(b) Professional relationships.
(c) Committed relationships.
(d) Family relationships.
2. What makes future shock different than culture shock?
(a) Culture shock only happens in modern cultures.
(b) Culture shock only lasts for a generation before assimilation takes place.
(c) Future shock is a cultural condition.
(d) Future shock consists of familiar cues being replaced by unfamiliar cues.
3. What do deeper relationships involve, in Toffler's account?
(a) Genetic similarity.
(b) Shared spiritual experience.
(c) Interactions with many aspects of a person's personality.
(d) Initiation rituals.
4. With whom does a person have medium-term relationships, according to Toffler?
5. What shift does the future bring, in Toffler's account?
(a) From democracy to totalitarianism.
(b) From agriculture to high-technology.
(c) From industrialism to democracy.
(d) From industrialism to super-industrialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relationship is not one of the relationships Toffler describes as comprising social experience?
2. What problem does Toffler describe for professionals in a future society?
3. Where does culture shock take place, in Toffler's account?
4. How do people learn to be aware of time, as Toffler describes it?
5. What characterizes relationships in big cities, in Tommo's opinion?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)