|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it that attracted immigrants to America, according to Toffler?
(a) The political stability.
(b) The freedom from the past.
(c) The right to free speech.
(d) The fast-paced life.
2. What will the changes of the future result in, as Toffler describes it?
(a) People not knowing what makes sense.
(b) People not being able to afford medical care.
(c) People not having a say in their governments.
(d) People not getting enough food.
3. How have careers changed in super-industrial culture?
(a) They tend to lead to promotion.
(b) They tend to trap people in one field.
(c) They make people specialists.
(d) They have shorter lifespans.
4. What will the future entail in Toffler's account?
(a) Turmoil and instability.
(b) Destruction and despair.
(c) Progress and happiness.
(d) New rules and new roles.
5. What shift will take place in the future Toffler describes?
(a) From first-shift to second-shift.
(b) From white-collar to blue-collar.
(c) From second-shift to third shift.
(d) From blue-collar to white-collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the automobile contribute to super-industrial culture?
2. What symptom does Toffler describe as an aspect of future shock?
3. How has commuting changed in super-industrial culture?
4. What does Toffler say people get from mobility?
5. What does Toffler propose as a standard for relationships?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)