|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will changes in agriculture mean for the future Toffler foresees?
(a) Food will be poisoned with pesticides.
(b) More processing will be necessary for food.
(c) Fewer workers will be needed.
(d) Food will be more nutritious.
2. How do the social experiences Toffler defines register the development of culture?
(a) They are shunted aside as people spend time in individual pursuits.
(b) They are compressed in time, accelerated.
(c) They are prevented from following their traditional development.
(d) They are delayed in time.
3. What is the economics of transience?
(a) Educating children increases a family's future income.
(b) Investing in the market pays better dividends than saving.
(c) Replacing things is cheaper than repairing them.
(d) Building temporary housing instead of long-term buildings.
4. What does Toffler say people get from mobility?
5. What problem does Toffler describe for professionals in a future society?
(a) They will shrink in size as a social class.
(b) They will not be able to keep up with changes.
(c) Their industries will become obsolete.
(d) They will have more and more power in their fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toffler propose as a standard for relationships?
2. In what way is spring break in Ft. Lauderdale exemplary of super-industrial culture?
3. What does the automobile contribute to super-industrial culture?
4. What symptom does Toffler describe as an aspect of future shock?
5. What was it that attracted immigrants to America, according to Toffler?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)