|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will new technologies help people, in Toffler's opinion?
(a) They will increase adaptability.
(b) They will capitalize on change.
(c) They will numb people to changes.
(d) They will reduce the impact of changes.
2. What is NOT a symptom of future shock?
3. What does Toffler say groups have to do?
(b) Remain the same.
(d) Restrain the adaptive urge.
4. What does Toffler say continual change causes?
(a) The adaptive reaction.
(b) The orientation response.
(c) The suppressive reaction.
(d) The aggression reaction.
5. What will companies manufacture in Toffler's future?
(a) Social services.
(b) Transportation networks.
(d) Computer devices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remedy might the family have against the pressures of future culture?
2. What will be the new influence on the economy of the future?
3. What part of spring break does Toffler say makes it worthwhile for beach communities?
4. What will the changes of the future result in, as Toffler describes it?
5. What does Toffler propose in order to institute his plan to protect against future shock?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)