|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toffler foresee with regard to the oceans?
(a) Underwater cities.
(c) Environmental degradation.
(d) Undersea warfare.
2. Why were alternative schools formed, in Toffler's account?
(a) To provide for religious education.
(b) To provide people with cheaper education options.
(c) To combat the standardization of education.
(d) To make schools for all girls or all boys.
3. What does Toffler call the new management class?
4. What industry does Toffler cite as an example of Americans' choices?
(a) The travel industry.
(b) The oil industry.
(c) The auto industry.
(d) The telecommunications industry.
5. What shift does the future bring, in Toffler's account?
(a) From industrialism to super-industrialism.
(b) From democracy to totalitarianism.
(c) From agriculture to high-technology.
(d) From industrialism to democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What needs to change as people adapt to future culture?
2. How does Toffler say the future should be greeted?
3. Where do people typically migrate, in America?
4. What is it that affects a person who is undergoing change?
5. Who should test new technologies before they can be accepted into society?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)