|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is spring break in Ft. Lauderdale exemplary of super-industrial culture?
(a) Students destroy the environment and leave.
(b) Students form temporary relationships.
(c) Students get to experiment with their personalities.
(d) Students get a degree of freedom they don't have anywhere else.
2. What does Toffler predict will come out of genetics?
(a) Wars over intellectual property.
(b) Cut-throat pharmaceutical companies.
(c) Medical gene therapies.
3. What is affected when a person's life changes?
(a) Their psychological adjustment.
(b) Their digestion.
(c) Their coping mechanisms.
(d) Their immune system.
4. What feeling characterizes the person who lives in what Toffler calls the fast lane?
5. What will products contain in the future Toffler imagines?
(a) Embedded identifying chips.
(b) Smart technology.
(c) Personalized appearance.
(d) Psychological extras.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are a man's colleagues in the new kind of organization?
2. What part of spring break does Toffler say makes it worthwhile for beach communities?
3. What industry does Toffler cite as an example of Americans' choices?
4. What is the consequence of high mobility, according to Toffler?
5. How has commuting changed in super-industrial culture?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)