|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toffler say technology will change pregnancy?
(a) Mothers will be able to breast-feed longer.
(b) Babies will be nurtured outside the womb.
(c) Babies will be screened for diseases before birth.
(d) Babies will be routinely born in only 7 months.
2. What effect does Toffler say technology will have on education in the future?
(a) Computerized testing will centralize education.
(b) There will be more alternative schools.
(c) Standardized tests will rule the classrooms.
(d) Curricula will be standardized.
3. What problem does Toffler describe for professionals in a future society?
(a) They will have more and more power in their fields.
(b) They will not be able to keep up with changes.
(c) Their industries will become obsolete.
(d) They will shrink in size as a social class.
4. What does the automobile contribute to super-industrial culture?
(a) Decreased efficiency.
(b) Increased mobility.
(c) More and more industrial waste.
(d) Diminished family loyalty.
5. What does Toffler use as an example of companies of the future?
(a) Bank of America.
(b) Goldman Sachs.
(c) Club med.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will companies manufacture in Toffler's future?
2. How does Toffler say can we prevent future shock?
3. What does Toffler call the worker in the new organization?
4. What will products contain in the future Toffler imagines?
5. What is Toffler's premise in Future Shock?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)