|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toffler predict with regard to choice in future culture?
(a) The association of like interests.
(b) The consolidation of interests in political parties.
(c) The interchangeability of people and government roles.
(d) The negation of standardization.
2. How does Toffler describe the "modular man's" relationships?
(a) They are limited to specific roles.
(b) They are optimized for efficiency.
(c) They are replicable from one place to another.
(d) They are interchangeable based on roles.
3. What do "subcults" give the people who belong to them, in Toffler's account?
(a) An individual identity.
(b) A way to orient themselves.
(c) A way to spend their money.
(d) An escape from their jobs.
4. What kind of loyalty are the new kinds of organizations based on?
(a) Loyalty to the profession.
(b) Loyalty to the business.
(c) Loyalty to the nation.
(d) Loyalty to the boss.
5. What did Holmes and Rahe find in their study of the Navy?
(a) A correlation between loneliness and aggression.
(b) A correlation between change and feelings of powerlessness.
(c) A correlation between change and depression.
(d) A correlation between change and illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toffler say distinguishes people in cities from people in towns?
2. What will companies manufacture in Toffler's future?
3. What category are more relationships taking place in, according to Toffler?
4. How has commuting changed in super-industrial culture?
5. What shift will take place in the future Toffler describes?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)