|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toffler say is the consequence of fast rates of change?
(a) Wider distribution of wealth.
(b) Sharper competitive edge.
(c) Greater pressure to adapt.
(d) Shorter organizational lifespans.
2. What does the automobile contribute to super-industrial culture?
(a) Diminished family loyalty.
(b) Increased mobility.
(c) Decreased efficiency.
(d) More and more industrial waste.
3. What is the benefit of cultural transience to manufacturers?
(a) Longer product lives build customer loyalty.
(b) Fewer traditions makes for less loyal customers.
(c) Shorter product lives increase sales.
(d) Shorter product lives decrease the cost of materials.
4. How do the social experiences Toffler defines register the development of culture?
(a) They are delayed in time.
(b) They are compressed in time, accelerated.
(c) They are shunted aside as people spend time in individual pursuits.
(d) They are prevented from following their traditional development.
5. With whom does a person have medium-term relationships, according to Toffler?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to the bureaucracy, in Toffler's account?
2. What is the consequence of people relocating their homes more often in super-industrial culture?
3. What shift will take place in the future Toffler describes?
4. What feeling results from the development of Toffler's future culture?
5. What effect does renting have on people, in Toffler's account?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)