|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of spring break does Toffler say makes it valuable for students?
(a) The beach is a place to apply their learning.
(b) The beach is a different experience.
(c) The beach is a place to study.
(d) The beach is an escape.
2. How does Toffler see organizations in the future?
(a) As something that turns men into cogs.
(b) As a new class of citizens.
(c) As the salvation of the masses.
(d) As the apotheosis for individuality.
3. How does Toffler describe a job in a bureaucracy?
(a) A series of organizational problems to solve.
(b) An unchanging role with a fixed set of expectations.
(c) A reciprocal relationship with an organization that participates in the worker's development.
(d) A flexible role within a developing organization.
4. What will people want in the new economy Toffler imagines?
(a) Durable products.
(b) Constant stimulation.
(c) New forms of leisure.
(d) Psychic gratification.
5. Who are a man's colleagues in the new kind of organization?
(a) His competitors.
(c) His professional peers.
(d) His subordinates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling results from the development of Toffler's future culture?
2. What does Toffler call the worker in the new organization?
3. What contributes to the high rate of change in organizations?
4. What is the economics of transience?
5. Who are the people of the future in Toffler's definition?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)