|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What needs to change as people adapt to future culture?
(a) People's sense of how long things take.
(b) People's sense of their relations.
(c) People's sense of what things cost.
(d) People's sense of how much work things require.
2. How have careers changed in super-industrial culture?
(a) They have shorter lifespans.
(b) They tend to lead to promotion.
(c) They tend to trap people in one field.
(d) They make people specialists.
3. What does Toffler say about conduct, manners and language?
(a) There is no broad agreement about them.
(b) They are jeopardized by mass media.
(c) They are unique to each individual.
(d) They are standardized by mass media.
4. What will companies manufacture in Toffler's future?
(a) Transportation networks.
(b) Computer devices.
(c) Social services.
5. What will lead to divorce in the society of the future?
(a) New fertility technologies.
(b) Partners reacting to change differently.
(c) The decline of religion.
(d) The development of digital pornography.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toffler characterize society's relation with conduct, manners, and language?
2. Who are a man's colleagues in the new kind of organization?
3. What does Toffler say helps consolidate each identity?
4. How do people learn to be aware of time, as Toffler describes it?
5. With whom does a person have medium-term relationships, according to Toffler?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)