|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toffler say the future will do to people?
(a) Change their genetic structure.
(b) Provide for unprecedented numbers of satisfied people.
(c) Push them toward the top of the adaptive range.
(d) Reinvent the laws of society.
2. How has the grouping of adults changed in recent times, according to Toffler?
(a) Demographics have focused on regions, not ages.
(b) Demographic analysis has taken a holistic approach of all ages as interrelated.
(c) Marketers have identified overlapping interests between different age groups.
(d) There are more age groups.
3. What part of spring break does Toffler say makes it worthwhile for beach communities?
(a) Student spending.
(b) Student energy.
(c) Student volunteers.
(d) Influx of talent and intellect.
4. What does Toffler predict with regard to choice in future culture?
(a) The interchangeability of people and government roles.
(b) The association of like interests.
(c) The consolidation of interests in political parties.
(d) The negation of standardization.
5. How does Toffler describe a person's choices in the future?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a stability zone?
2. What effect does an increasing rate of change have on the differences between age groups?
3. What does Toffler say groups have to do?
4. What does Toffler propose as a method for dealing with future shock?
5. Why were alternative schools formed, in Toffler's account?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)