|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toffler say the future should be greeted?
(a) With unconditional acceptance.
(b) With despair.
(c) With equipoise.
(d) With wariness.
2. Why were alternative schools formed, in Toffler's account?
(a) To combat the standardization of education.
(b) To make schools for all girls or all boys.
(c) To provide for religious education.
(d) To provide people with cheaper education options.
3. What is a stability zone?
(a) A pattern of familiar habits.
(b) A family home to return to.
(c) A group of familiar people.
(d) An adaptive religion.
4. How does Toffler describe the "modular man's" relationships?
(a) They are limited to specific roles.
(b) They are interchangeable based on roles.
(c) They are optimized for efficiency.
(d) They are replicable from one place to another.
5. What do "subcults" give the people who belong to them, in Toffler's account?
(a) A way to orient themselves.
(b) An individual identity.
(c) A way to spend their money.
(d) An escape from their jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do deeper relationships involve, in Toffler's account?
2. What does Toffler propose as a standard for relationships?
3. How does Toffler describe a person's choices in the future?
4. Where does the process of preparing for the future begin, according to Toffler?
5. What characterizes relationships in big cities, in Tommo's opinion?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)