|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toffler propose as a method for dealing with future shock?
(b) Situational groups.
2. What is the reason for the shortening of relationships?
3. How has the grouping of adults changed in recent times, according to Toffler?
(a) Demographic analysis has taken a holistic approach of all ages as interrelated.
(b) There are more age groups.
(c) Demographics have focused on regions, not ages.
(d) Marketers have identified overlapping interests between different age groups.
4. What characterizes relationships in big cities, in Tommo's opinion?
(a) They are genuine.
(b) They are brief.
(c) They are temporary.
(d) They are fear-based.
5. What organizations does Toffler cite as an example of an organization that mitigates future shock?
(a) Halfway houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toffler say groups have to do?
2. What fields will spur the movement that affects choice in the future?
3. What part of spring break does Toffler say makes it worthwhile for beach communities?
4. Why does Toffler say that adapting to change will ultimately be impossible?
5. With whom does a person have medium-term relationships, according to Toffler?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)