|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes relationships in big cities, in Tommo's opinion?
(a) They are genuine.
(b) They are brief.
(c) They are temporary.
(d) They are fear-based.
2. Why were alternative schools formed, in Toffler's account?
(a) To provide people with cheaper education options.
(b) To make schools for all girls or all boys.
(c) To provide for religious education.
(d) To combat the standardization of education.
3. Why does Toffler say that adapting to change will ultimately be impossible?
(a) Because the collectve consciousness will always be struggling to process the earliest tribal memories.
(b) Because man will always be at war with himself.
(c) Because the changes take place beyond the individual's sphere.
(d) Because the individual can never internalize society completely.
4. How has the grouping of adults changed in recent times, according to Toffler?
(a) Demographic analysis has taken a holistic approach of all ages as interrelated.
(b) Marketers have identified overlapping interests between different age groups.
(c) There are more age groups.
(d) Demographics have focused on regions, not ages.
5. With whom does a person have medium-term relationships, according to Toffler?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toffler say distinguishes people in cities from people in towns?
2. What is the other effect of increasing rate of change on different age groups?
3. What is the reason for the shortening of relationships?
4. How have careers changed in super-industrial culture?
5. What do deeper relationships involve, in Toffler's account?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)