|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes relationships in big cities, in Tommo's opinion?
(a) They are brief.
(b) They are temporary.
(c) They are genuine.
(d) They are fear-based.
2. What can people develop to mitigate future shock?
(a) Future shock dampeners.
(b) Future shock absorbers.
(c) Future shock intuition.
(d) Future shock buffers.
3. What development will affect how we experience choice in our democracy?
4. Why does Toffler say that adapting to change will ultimately be impossible?
(a) Because man will always be at war with himself.
(b) Because the individual can never internalize society completely.
(c) Because the collectve consciousness will always be struggling to process the earliest tribal memories.
(d) Because the changes take place beyond the individual's sphere.
5. What does Toffler say distinguishes people in cities from people in towns?
(a) They don't have the same affection for their environment.
(b) They don't all shop in the same place.
(c) They don't know their neighbors as well.
(d) They don't have the same sense of loyalty to the place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fields will spur the movement that affects choice in the future?
2. What does Toffler say groups have to do?
3. What does Toffler say the future will do to people?
4. Why were alternative schools formed, in Toffler's account?
5. With whom does a person have medium-term relationships, according to Toffler?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)