|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the white man leading pack horses plan to shelter for the night?
2. What does Fast Horse trust his dream helper to do for his horse?
3. Where does Yellow Kidney take shelter after leaving the camp?
4. Where does Kills-close-to-the-lake go when she slips out of her mother's dinner gathering?
5. Why would the Lone Eaters trust the information the Napikwan healer brings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fools Crow help Red Paint's youngest brother conquer his fears and nightmares about the rabid wolf who bit him?
2. How does Fast Horse's reaction to finding Yellow Kidney's body show he is beginning to regret the path he has chosen with Owl Child?
3. What are the three demands the seizers make of the Pikunis when they meet with General Sully?
4. What does Fast Horse find in the war lodge while Owl Child stays with the horses, and how does he know who it is?
5. What is the significance of the thrashing wings that Fools Crow hears when he wakes in the woman's dwelling?
6. Even though the Lone Eaters trust this white healer, why don't they agree to follow his advice?
7. Describe who the man is that Fast Horse wants to kill.
8. When the Pikunis chiefs meet for council, what do they decide to do about the white healer's warning and the seizers' demands?
9. What happens when Owl Child spots whiskey runners?
10. Describe the devastation in the Lone Eaters camp after thirteen days of the small pox disease.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a five-paragraph essay on what you think the Lone Eaters should have done about the Napikwan demands and the threat of smallpox.
Essay Topic 2
Yellow Kidney's fingers were cut off, which definitely qualifies as both a disfigurement and a handicap. What challenges does a person with a physical handicap face? Address both physical challenges as well as psychological and emotional challenges.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the seven day journey of Fools Crow that was inspired by Nitsokan. What was going on? Why did Fools Crow need to make this journey? What was revealed to him? How did this influence his thinking in the final chapters of this book?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)