|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Heavy Shield Woman do for her guests?
(a) She prepares a meal for them.
(b) She prepares a sleeping area for them.
(c) She gives each a gift.
(d) She tells them stories.
2. What does Fast Horse do when he and Owl Child arrive at the war lodge?
(a) He goes inside alone.
(b) He stays with the horses.
(c) He sets fire to the war lodge.
(d) He sings his death song.
3. Who says, "You Fast Horse, you have become the heartless insect, for you would betray your own people"?
(a) Yellow Kidney.
(b) Boss Ribs.
(d) Fools Crow.
4. From Owl Child's lookout, who does Fast Horse recognize approaching?
(b) Yellow Kidney.
(c) Fools Crow.
(d) Boss Ribs.
5. What does Fools Crow look at as he ponders the situation they are in with the Napikwans and the white scab disease?
(a) His moccasin-shod feet.
(b) His many-shots-gun.
(c) Bull Shield's Scalp.
(d) Red Paints' pregnant belly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Heavy Shield Woman angry with Fools Crow?
2. Which would best describe the losses suffered by the Lone Eater camp from the white scab disease?
3. What cure does the Napikwan healer tell the Lone Eaters about?
4. What has happened to Red Paint's youngest brother, One Spot, in Chapter 23?
5. What or who is a "seizer chief?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though the Lone Eaters trust this white healer, why don't they agree to follow his advice?
2. What happens to Yellow Kidney while he is taking shelter in the war lodge, and does he see it coming?
3. How does Fools Crow discover the new land in his dream during his seven-day journey?
4. Why is Fools Crow's mother angry with him as she fixes food for her guests?
5. Why doesn't Fast Horse return to the Lone Eaters himself?
6. What do the Pikunis ask of the seizers when told of the spread of small pox, and what do the seizers reply?
7. How are Running Fisher and Kills-close-to-the-lake related and what is their current relationship?
8. What happens after killing the whiskey runners that shows that Fast Horse may be changing and becoming concerned for his people after all?
9. How is Yellow Kidney's body delivered back to his people?
10. What does Fast Horse find in the war lodge while Owl Child stays with the horses, and how does he know who it is?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)