|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fast Horse trust his dream helper to do for his horse?
(a) He trusts his dream helper to give his horse water.
(b) He trusts his dream helper to give his horse food.
(c) He trusts his dream helper to give his horse speed.
(d) He trusts his dream helper to give his horse strength.
2. What does Fast Horse do to a whiskey runner?
(a) Buys one.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Sets one up.
(d) Breaks it.
3. What does the white man with the pack horses see at the war lodge?
(a) He sees a horse tied outside.
(b) He sees smoke coming out of the chimney.
(c) He sees the war lodge is on fire.
(d) He sees a pack of wolves scavenging on something.
4. Who says, "You Fast Horse, you have become the heartless insect, for you would betray your own people"?
(a) Boss Ribs.
(c) Fools Crow.
(d) Yellow Kidney.
5. Why won't the power help him now?
(a) He has not done the proper ceremonies and dances.
(b) The power left him because he lost confidence.
(c) Cold Maker took his power because Fast Horse never made good on his promises.
(d) It cannot cure the white scab disease or rid them of the Napikwans.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Yellow Kidney liken his life to?
2. What happens to Fast Horse when the woman opens the door?
3. In Part 4, how does the deserted war lodge get re-introduced into the story?
4. In Chapter 31, what does Fools Crow see the older woman in the doe skin doing?
5. Where does Yellow Kidney take shelter after leaving the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. A white healer comes to the Lone Eaters' camp to warn of the smallpox. Why would the Pikunis believe anything a white man has to say?
2. Why doesn't Fast Horse return to the Lone Eaters himself?
3. How is Yellow Kidney's body delivered back to his people?
4. What is strange and incomplete about the dream Mik-api has for three nights that confuses him?
5. Describe the devastation in the Lone Eaters camp after thirteen days of the small pox disease.
6. Describe who the man is that Fast Horse wants to kill.
7. When the Pikunis chiefs meet for council, what do they decide to do about the white healer's warning and the seizers' demands?
8. Describe the thoughts and feelings of Yellow Kidney before, during and after he decides to leave the Lone Eater camp.
9. What do Owl Child and Fast Horse do at the ranch of the Napikwan?
10. What is Fools Crow thinking and feeling as he looks at the scalp of Bull Shied?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)