|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does Rides-at-the-door decide to impose on Kills-close-to-the-lake?
(a) She must leave before sunrise.
(b) At sunrise, she will be mutilated so she will never be attractive to another again.
(c) She must not leave the lodge without permission.
(d) She will be killed at sunrise.
2. Whose gossip does Heavy Shield Woman look forward to hearing?
(a) Kills-close-to-the-lake's gossip.
(b) Fast Horse's gossip.
(c) White Grass Woman's gossip.
(d) Red Paint's gossip.
3. What does Owl Child do at the ranch?
(a) Owl Child rapes the white man's wife, but leaves her alive.
(b) Owl Child steals the white man's horses.
(c) Owl Child rapes and kills the white man's wife.
(d) Owl Child steals the white man's children.
4. How do the Pikuni leaders feel about meeting with the seizer chiefs?
(a) They are against meeting with the seizer chiefs.
(b) They want to fast and meditate on this idea before making a decision.
(c) They are cautious and fear it could be a trap.
(d) They are eager to meet and resolve issues so that the killing will stop.
5. What do Fast Horse and Owl Child do to the Napikwan wagons and oxen?
(a) They burn the wagons and drive away the oxen.
(b) They abandon the wagons and slaughter the oxen.
(c) They steal the wagons and oxen to carry their own supplies.
(d) They make a cook fire from the wagons and eat the oxen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman in the garden doing?
2. What does Fools Crow find when he rides to the ranch house?
3. What does Fast Horse do at the ranch?
4. What is the "Medicine Line?"
5. Who is outside of Running Fisher's lodge, eavesdropping on lovemaking sounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three demands the seizers make of the Pikunis when they meet with General Sully?
2. What happens when Owl Child spots whiskey runners?
3. What advice and hope does Feather Woman give to Fools Crow after he sees the designs on the skin come to life?
4. What do Owl Child and Fast Horse do at the ranch of the Napikwan?
5. How are Running Fisher and Kills-close-to-the-lake related and what is their current relationship?
6. A white healer comes to the Lone Eaters' camp to warn of the smallpox. Why would the Pikunis believe anything a white man has to say?
7. How does Fools Crow help Red Paint's youngest brother conquer his fears and nightmares about the rabid wolf who bit him?
8. What happens to Yellow Kidney while he is taking shelter in the war lodge, and does he see it coming?
9. What is the significance of the thrashing wings that Fools Crow hears when he wakes in the woman's dwelling?
10. Describe the devastation in the Lone Eaters camp after thirteen days of the small pox disease.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)