|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news do the visitors bring to the Lone Eaters' camp?
(a) News of the spread of the white scab disease.
(b) News of war declared upon the Pikunis by the Napikwan.
(c) News and gossip of interest only to the women.
(d) News of the latest ambushes perpetrated on the Napikwan.
2. Where does Kills-close-to-the-lake go when she slips out of her mother's dinner gathering?
(a) She goes to visit Heavy Shield Woman.
(b) She goes to the lake to fish.
(c) She follows Fools Crow to find Fast Horse.
(d) She goes to Running Fisher's lodge.
3. What does Fast Horse trust his dream helper to do for his horse?
(a) He trusts his dream helper to give his horse water.
(b) He trusts his dream helper to give his horse strength.
(c) He trusts his dream helper to give his horse food.
(d) He trusts his dream helper to give his horse speed.
4. What does the white man with the pack horses see at the war lodge?
(a) He sees the war lodge is on fire.
(b) He sees a pack of wolves scavenging on something.
(c) He sees smoke coming out of the chimney.
(d) He sees a horse tied outside.
5. How long a trip does Nitsokan tell Fools Crow he needs to take?
(a) A three-day journey.
(b) A three-month journey.
(c) A seven-day journey.
(d) A seven-month journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fools Crow discover while hunting that angers him?
2. What happens to Fast Horse when the woman opens the door?
3. After rejoining Owl Child and his band, what does Fast Horse tell them he wants?
4. Why does Mik-api feel his recurrent dream is incomplete?
5. What does Fools Crow find when he rides to the ranch house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fast Horse's reaction to finding Yellow Kidney's body show he is beginning to regret the path he has chosen with Owl Child?
2. How are Running Fisher and Kills-close-to-the-lake related and what is their current relationship?
3. Describe the thoughts and feelings of Yellow Kidney before, during and after he decides to leave the Lone Eater camp.
4. What does Fast Horse find in the war lodge while Owl Child stays with the horses, and how does he know who it is?
5. Describe who the man is that Fast Horse wants to kill.
6. What do Owl Child and Fast Horse do at the ranch of the Napikwan?
7. What happens after killing the whiskey runners that shows that Fast Horse may be changing and becoming concerned for his people after all?
8. What is Fools Crow thinking and feeling as he looks at the scalp of Bull Shied?
9. When the Pikunis chiefs meet for council, what do they decide to do about the white healer's warning and the seizers' demands?
10. How does Fools Crow help Red Paint's youngest brother conquer his fears and nightmares about the rabid wolf who bit him?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)