|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing Fools Crow's story, who first suggests that it is time to kill all the Napikwans?
(a) Fast Horse.
(b) Young Bird Chief.
(c) Red Paint.
2. Who is the main protagonist in this story around whose life this story revolves?
(c) White Man's Dog.
(d) Fast Horse.
3. What is Fools Crow surprised by that Raven knows?
(a) How to talk.
(b) What happened at Bull Shield's camp.
(c) His new name.
(d) That Red Paint is pregnant.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does Red Paint wake White Man's Dog?
(a) She tickles him.
(b) She calls him by his new name, Sleep-bringer.
(c) She accidentally trips over him.
(d) She calls him by his new name, Fools Crow.
5. What does Mik-api do when White Man's Dog tells him about his dream of the white-faced girl?
(a) Mik-api banishes Fast Horse from the Lone Eaters.
(b) Mik-api scolds White Man's Dog for not telling this dream sooner.
(c) Mik-api sends White Man's Dog on a dream quest.
(d) Mik-api performs a purifying ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author achieve by opening Chapter 3 from Yellow Kidney's point of view?
2. How many nights does White Man's Dog have his dream?
3. What bothers Fools Crow about the news that the Napikwan scout tells them?
4. What structure does White Man's Dog enter in his dream?
5. Who does Rides-at-the-door think should be banished from the Lone Eaters?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to ancient legend, how did So-at-sa-ki come to be banished to earth?
2. When White Man's Dog marries Red Paint, her father, Yellow Kidney, gives White Man's Dog his many-shots-gun as a wedding present. Why is this particularly significant to White Man's Dog?
3. Describe White Man's Dog as he was introduced in the first two chapters of this book.
4. What troubling dream does Eagle Ribs relate to the raiding party as they wait for Fast Horse and Yellow Kidney to catch up?
5. Why does Three Bears think the riders who enter the Lone Eater's camp at the beginning of Chapter 7 have probably stolen the horses they have with them?
6. Why does Heavy Shield Woman set a place for her missing husband at the meal she prepares for herself, her daughter and her two sons?
7. Describe White Man's Dog's recurring dream in Chapter 3.
8. What discussion is sparked when Fools Crow tells the Lone Eater camp that he has killed a Napikwan hunter?
9. Describe Yellow Kidney's return to the Lone Eater's camp.
10. Why is White Man's Dog uncomfortable with his new name, Fools Crow?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)