|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fools Crow do with the injured rider that approached him at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) He takes him to his father, Boss Ribs, to be healed.
(b) He takes him to the medicine man and asks him for advice.
(c) He takes him to his lodge to nurse him back to health.
(d) He takes him back to Owl Child, who is his friend.
2. Why does Yellow Kidney include White Man's Dog in the raiding party heading for the Crow camp?
(a) Out of respect for White Man's Dog's father.
(b) Because White Man's Dog and Fast Horse are close friends.
(c) Because he wants to teach White Man's Dog to toughen up.
(d) So that he will have someone to blame if all does not go well.
3. Why does Raven promise not to tell Fools Crow's secret?
(a) It is important to forget the past and focus on the present.
(b) Red Paint begs Raven not to tell so Fools Crow will not be shamed.
(c) It increases Pikunis power to believe one so strong walks among them.
(d) Fools Crow threatens to kill Raven if he does tell.
4. After hearing Fools Crow's story, who first suggests that it is time to kill all the Napikwans?
(a) Red Paint.
(b) Young Bird Chief.
(c) Fast Horse.
5. What are the three major themes of this story?
(a) The themes of belief, superstition and consequence.
(b) The themes of obedience, pride and embracing change.
(c) The themes of love, respect and loss of innocence.
(d) The themes of dreams, honor, and of loss and change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does White Man's Dog want that he feels will increase his value as a prospective husband?
2. What does Rides-at-the-door think they should do about the Napikwans?
3. Which statement best describes the consensus of the men after discussing the present situation of the Pikunis and the Napikwans?
4. What does the author achieve by opening Chapter 3 from Yellow Kidney's point of view?
5. After preparing a meal, why does Heavy Shield Woman set a place for Yellow Kidney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors concern Red Paint that cause her to plead with White Man's dog not to go with the war party, and how does White Man's Dog respond?
2. Describe Fast Horse as he in introduced in the first two chapters of this book.
3. What is the purpose of the war party?
4. When White Man's Dog tells his parents that he wants to take Red Paint as his wife, his father is concerned. Why is this?
5. Describe Fast Horse's power dream in Chapter 3.
6. White Man's Dog was not with Yellow Kidney in the heart of the Crow camp, so why does he feel responsible for Yellow Kidney's capture and mutilation?
7. What happens when Yellow Kidney and the raiding party try to find the stream from Fast Horse's dream?
8. Boss Ribs asks Fools Crow what changed his son. What does Fools Crow tell him?
9. Describe White Man's Dog as he was introduced in the first two chapters of this book.
10. Who are the seizers and why have they come to talk with the Lone Eaters?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)