|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 7, three riders enter the Pikunis camp riding on what?
(a) Nipikwan horses.
(b) Crow horses.
(c) Magical horses.
(d) Picunis horses.
2. What object ties a wolverine dream of White Dog's and a wolverine dream of Kills-close-to-the-Lake's with reality?
(a) A magic amulet.
(b) A slender white stone.
(c) A Napikwan horse.
(d) An eagle feather.
3. What new name does White Man's Dog receive after receiving war honors from his participation in a horse raid?
(b) Fools Crow.
(c) Fast Horse.
4. What does Rides-at-the-door think they should do about the Napikwans?
(a) He thinks they should join Fast Horse and Owl Child and fight the Napikwans.
(b) He thinks they should leave them alone.
(c) He thinks they should pray and hold a cleansing ritual.
(d) He thinks they should move the camp farther from the Napikwans.
5. What concerns Rides-at-the-door regarding White Man's Dog's choice of a wife?
(a) White Man's Dog will be responsible for Yellow Kidney's entire family.
(b) White Man's Dog will lose position in the camp.
(c) He fears the woman will not be a good wife to White Man's Dog.
(d) He does not think White Man's Dog is ready to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose boastful recklessness worries Yellow Kidney because it could bring trouble to the raiding party's success?
2. Why can't White Man's Dog tell about Fast Horse's dream and vow as he would like?
3. What are the three major themes of this story?
4. In Chapters 5 and 6, which of the following is NOT something the author has revealed to the reader about the Pikunis culture?
5. Why does Yellow Kidney include White Man's Dog in the raiding party heading for the Crow camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fast Horse attracted to Owl Child's band?
2. When White Man's Dog tells his parents that he wants to take Red Paint as his wife, his father is concerned. Why is this?
3. Describe Fast Horse as he in introduced in the first two chapters of this book.
4. Fools Crow does not want to kill a white man as Raven asks, but is finally convinced to comply for what reason?
5. What factors concern Red Paint that cause her to plead with White Man's dog not to go with the war party, and how does White Man's Dog respond?
6. Describe White Man's Dog as he was introduced in the first two chapters of this book.
7. What secret does Raven promise to keep for Fools Crow, and why?
8. What does Boss Ribs do to help his son, Fast Horse, recover from his gunshot wound that he hopes will persuade Fast Horse to stay with the Lone Eaters?
9. What is the purpose of the war party?
10. Why does Heavy Shield Woman set a place for her missing husband at the meal she prepares for herself, her daughter and her two sons?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)