|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is against killing the Napikwans?
(a) Fools Crow and Fast Horse.
(b) Rides-at-the-door and Three Bears.
(c) Fast Horse and Owl Child.
(d) Fools Crow and Red Paint.
2. How many nights does White Man's Dog have his dream?
(a) One night.
(b) Two nights.
(c) Three nights.
(d) Four nights.
3. What does Mik-api do when White Man's Dog tells him about his dream of the white-faced girl?
(a) Mik-api banishes Fast Horse from the Lone Eaters.
(b) Mik-api sends White Man's Dog on a dream quest.
(c) Mik-api scolds White Man's Dog for not telling this dream sooner.
(d) Mik-api performs a purifying ceremony.
4. What does Yellow Kidney report that Fast Horse did when Yellow Kidney was leading Bull Shield's horse away during the raid that ultimately resulted in his capture?
(a) Fast Horse was careless about leaving footprints.
(b) Fast Horse lost control of the horse he was leading and it ran away.
(c) Fast Horse broke the silence with fierce boasting.
(d) Fast Horse stepped on a branch that snapped loudly.
5. What does Fools Crow do with the injured rider that approached him at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) He takes him to his lodge to nurse him back to health.
(b) He takes him back to Owl Child, who is his friend.
(c) He takes him to the medicine man and asks him for advice.
(d) He takes him to his father, Boss Ribs, to be healed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Fast Horse esteem and a promising future?
2. What has Fast Horse done that breaks with the traditions of the Pikunis?
3. Who does Rides-at-the-door think should be banished from the Lone Eaters?
4. Who or what is the Napikwans?
5. How does Red Paint's mother react when Red Paint tell her that she is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does White Man's Dog manage to kill Bull Shield?
2. Describe White Man's Dog's recurring dream in Chapter 3.
3. Describe Yellow Kidney's return to the Lone Eater's camp.
4. Who are Running Fisher and Rides-at-the-door, and what disturbing news do they bring the others in Chapter 9?
5. What happens when Yellow Kidney and the raiding party try to find the stream from Fast Horse's dream?
6. When White Man's Dog marries Red Paint, her father, Yellow Kidney, gives White Man's Dog his many-shots-gun as a wedding present. Why is this particularly significant to White Man's Dog?
7. What factors concern Red Paint that cause her to plead with White Man's dog not to go with the war party, and how does White Man's Dog respond?
8. According to ancient legend, how did So-at-sa-ki come to be banished to earth?
9. What does Boss Ribs do to help his son, Fast Horse, recover from his gunshot wound that he hopes will persuade Fast Horse to stay with the Lone Eaters?
10. Why is White Man's Dog uncomfortable with his new name, Fools Crow?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)