|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does White Man's Dog have to the battle as they ride away?
(a) He cries.
(b) He sings his victory song.
(c) He laughs and cheers with his companions.
(d) He vomits.
2. Which dream vision best foretells the encroachment of the white man, the over-killing of animals by the white man, and the urgent need to take action?
(a) White Man's Dog's dream of the white-faced girl.
(b) White Man's Dog's dream of the Pikunis losing their fingers.
(c) White Man's Dog's dream of the wolverine in the white empty land.
(d) Kills-close-to-the-lakes's dream of wolverine biting her finger.
3. What is credited as the power that has helped the injured man to recover?
(a) The sweat lodge ceremony.
(b) The sun god.
(c) The Beaver Medicine.
(d) The poultice of herbs and powders.
4. What does White Man's Dog want that he feels will increase his value as a prospective husband?
(a) A beaded vest.
(b) A horse.
(c) A "many-shots-gun."
(d) A new name.
5. What brings Fast Horse esteem and a promising future?
(a) His ability to steal horses.
(b) His beaded vest.
(c) His cleansing in the sweat lodge ritual.
(d) His father's Beaver Medicine Bundle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for the injured man to regain consciousness?
2. Does Fools Crow tell the Lone Eater Camp what he did to the Napikwan?
3. What does White Man's Dog do for Yellow Kidney's lodge in his absence?
4. What does Fast Horse's alliance with Owl Child foretell?
5. What is Fools Crow surprised by that Raven knows?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Mik-api's dream, what will Raven give to White Man's Dog if he finds and releases the wolverine caught in the Napikwan trap?
2. Fools Crow does not want to kill a white man as Raven asks, but is finally convinced to comply for what reason?
3. When White Man's Dog tells his parents that he wants to take Red Paint as his wife, his father is concerned. Why is this?
4. Who are Running Fisher and Rides-at-the-door, and what disturbing news do they bring the others in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Heavy Shield Woman set a place for her missing husband at the meal she prepares for herself, her daughter and her two sons?
6. Who does Yellow Kidney assign to the tasks that the raiding party will perform at the Crow camp?
7. Why does White Man's Dog think that Yellow Kidney's disappearance and Fast Horse's dream may be related, and what does he do about it?
8. What troubling dream does Eagle Ribs relate to the raiding party as they wait for Fast Horse and Yellow Kidney to catch up?
9. What secret does Raven promise to keep for Fools Crow, and why?
10. How does White Man's Dog manage to kill Bull Shield?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)