|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose gossip does Heavy Shield Woman look forward to hearing?
(a) Kills-close-to-the-lake's gossip.
(b) Fast Horse's gossip.
(c) White Grass Woman's gossip.
(d) Red Paint's gossip.
2. From Owl Child's lookout, who does Fast Horse recognize approaching?
(b) Boss Ribs.
(c) Fools Crow.
(d) Yellow Kidney.
3. What is the woman in the garden doing?
(a) She is singing a song of mourning.
(b) She is dancing.
(c) She is planting seeds.
(d) She is digging turnips.
4. Who visits the Lone Eaters' camp in Chapters 25-26?
(a) Owl Child and Fast Horse.
(b) Yellow Kidney.
(c) Pretty-on-top and a Napikwan healer.
(d) A delegate of the Napikwan seizers.
5. How long a trip does Nitsokan tell Fools Crow he needs to take?
(a) A seven-day journey.
(b) A three-month journey.
(c) A seven-month journey.
(d) A three-day journey.
6. What does Fools Crow discover while hunting that angers him?
(a) All the game has been killed or driven away by the Napikwan.
(b) All the villages have been devestated by the white scab disease.
(c) He finds a few survivors, which includes some children, from a camp burned by the Seizers.
(d) Carcasses of the black horn left to rot by the Napikwan hunters, who only wanted their skins.
7. When Yellow Kidney leaves, what does he hope for his wife?
(a) He hopes that Boss Ribs will take her as a second wife.
(b) He hopes that she will miss him.
(c) He hopes that Fools Crow will take care of her.
(d) He hopes she will be happy.
8. What does the white man with the pack horses see at the war lodge?
(a) He sees the war lodge is on fire.
(b) He sees a pack of wolves scavenging on something.
(c) He sees smoke coming out of the chimney.
(d) He sees a horse tied outside.
9. Why does Mik-api feel his recurrent dream is incomplete?
(a) Raven has told him to expect a new revelation, but he hasn't dreamed it yet.
(b) He just has a feeling there should be more to the dream.
(c) His dream has to do with Yellow Kidney, yet Yellow Kidney is not in the dream.
(d) He keeps waking up before the dream has ended.
10. Which of Boss Ribs' children die of the white scab disease?
(a) His six-year-old daughter.
(b) Red Paint.
(c) His son, Running Fisher.
(d) His oldest son.
11. How does Fast Horse identify the body?
(a) The clothing shows it was a Napikwan seizer.
(b) A note pinned to the body says it was the wife of a Pikunis brave.
(c) He looks at the face and also recognizes Yellow Kidney's rifle.
(d) The hands have no fingers, so it must be Yellow Kidney.
12. What does Fools Crow do to help One Spot get rid of his nightmares?
(a) He reminds One Spot that if the wolf visits his dreams it is because he may want to become his dream helper.
(b) He performs a ritual to banish the nightmares.
(c) He gives him an amulet to wear while he sleeps.
(d) He hugs and comforts One Spot until he goes back to sleep.
13. Why is Heavy Shield Woman's concerned about Running Fisher?
(a) Running Fisher is going with Fools Crow to find Fast Horse.
(b) Running Fisher has been shot.
(c) Running Fisher has moved out of the lodge and she does not know why.
(d) She knows about Running Fisher and Kills-close-to-the-lake.
14. What do Owl Child and Fast Horse do to the band of Napikwans in Chapter 25?
(a) They try to talk with them about leaving their hunting grounds alone.
(b) They kill one Napikwan and chase the others away.
(c) They kill all the Napikwan whiskey runners.
(d) They sneak up on them at night and steal their horses.
15. What news do the visitors bring to the Lone Eaters' camp?
(a) News of the spread of the white scab disease.
(b) News of war declared upon the Pikunis by the Napikwan.
(c) News and gossip of interest only to the women.
(d) News of the latest ambushes perpetrated on the Napikwan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yellow Kidney take shelter after leaving the camp?
2. Why won't the power help him now?
3. What does Fast Horse trust his dream helper to do for his horse?
4. Who does Three Bears want representing the Lone Eaters at the meeting with the seizer chiefs?
5. What does Fast horse see and do when he wakes up?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)