|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fast horse see and do when he wakes up?
(a) He sees a dog, which he kills for food.
(b) He sees he is alone and goes back to sleep.
(c) He sees his only company is a dog, he eats and falls asleep again.
(d) He sees a woman painting on a yellow skin and asks her what she is doing.
2. How far behind Fast Horse is Fools Crow?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three moons.
3. What does Fools Crow look at as he ponders the situation they are in with the Napikwans and the white scab disease?
(a) His moccasin-shod feet.
(b) Bull Shield's Scalp.
(c) His many-shots-gun.
(d) Red Paints' pregnant belly.
4. Where does Kills-close-to-the-lake go when she slips out of her mother's dinner gathering?
(a) She goes to visit Heavy Shield Woman.
(b) She follows Fools Crow to find Fast Horse.
(c) She goes to the lake to fish.
(d) She goes to Running Fisher's lodge.
5. What does Fools Crow discover while hunting that angers him?
(a) Carcasses of the black horn left to rot by the Napikwan hunters, who only wanted their skins.
(b) All the game has been killed or driven away by the Napikwan.
(c) He finds a few survivors, which includes some children, from a camp burned by the Seizers.
(d) All the villages have been devestated by the white scab disease.
6. What is on the travois that the Lone Eater day rider finds?
(a) Owl Child who is shot and dying.
(b) Yellow Kidney's remains.
(c) Fast Horse who has the white scab disease.
(d) Fools Crow who is asleep as if drugged.
7. Who does Three Bears want representing the Lone Eaters at the meeting with the seizer chiefs?
(a) Fools Crow.
(b) Yellow Kidney.
(d) Three Bears wants to represent the Lone Eaters himself .
8. What does Fast Horse do to a whiskey runner?
(a) Sets one up.
(b) Breaks it.
(c) Buys one.
(d) Kills him.
9. From Owl Child's lookout, who does Fast Horse recognize approaching?
(a) Yellow Kidney.
(b) Boss Ribs.
(d) Fools Crow.
10. What do Fast Horse and Owl Child do to the Napikwan wagons and oxen?
(a) They burn the wagons and drive away the oxen.
(b) They steal the wagons and oxen to carry their own supplies.
(c) They abandon the wagons and slaughter the oxen.
(d) They make a cook fire from the wagons and eat the oxen.
11. In Part 4, how does the deserted war lodge get re-introduced into the story?
(a) Fast Horse and Owl Child have a conversation about it.
(b) Fast Horse and Owl Child go there for shelter.
(c) The Napikwans go there to destroy the war lodge.
(d) It is reintroduced as an element a dream vision.
12. How do the Pikuni leaders feel about meeting with the seizer chiefs?
(a) They are against meeting with the seizer chiefs.
(b) They want to fast and meditate on this idea before making a decision.
(c) They are eager to meet and resolve issues so that the killing will stop.
(d) They are cautious and fear it could be a trap.
13. What is the "Medicine Line?"
(a) This refers to the plague of white scab disease and the rows of infected Pikunis.
(b) The ritual line that a Pikunis crosses to become a many-faces man.
(c) The border between the United States and Canada.
(d) This refers to the line up of Pikunis as they wait for blankets to be passed out from the white man.
14. Who says, "You Fast Horse, you have become the heartless insect, for you would betray your own people"?
(a) Fools Crow.
(b) Boss Ribs.
(d) Yellow Kidney.
15. What is Yellow Kidney thinking about when he is killed?
(a) He is thinking of his unborn grandson.
(b) He is thinking about how to avoid being killed.
(c) He is thinking of his wife.
(d) He is thinking about how his life is like that of an old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the leaders of the Pikunis meet to discuss the Napikwan healer's warning and recommendations in Chapter 28, what do they decide to do?
2. How does the finding of Yellow Kidney further develop the theme of loss and change?
3. Why is Heavy Shield Woman angry with Fools Crow?
4. What event does Fools Crow remember in Chapter 28 that did make him feel he had power?
5. What does Fools Crow see when the ranch comes into view?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)