|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 27-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rides-at-the-door returns from the council meeting, does the camp agree with the demands of the Napikwans?
(a) They agree with the demand to turn in Fast Horse, but reject the other two.
(b) They agree reluctantly only because they will not receive blankets and medicine for the white scab disease.
(c) Yes, they hope to apease the Napikwan and will comply with all the demands.
(d) No, they reject all the seizer's demands.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 7, three riders enter the Pikunis camp riding on what?
(a) Picunis horses.
(b) Magical horses.
(c) Nipikwan horses.
(d) Crow horses.
3. Why would the Lone Eaters trust the information the Napikwan healer brings?
(a) Because the healer was married to a Pikunis woman who died of the white scab disease.
(b) Because he smoked the pipe and swore his tongue was true and not forked.
(c) They would not trust any information from any Napikwan.
(d) Because Fools Crow vouched for him as a fellow healer.
4. Who or what is the Napikwans?
(a) A band of renegades who hate the white man.
(b) A name for the white man.
(c) A band of the Blackfeet tribe.
(d) A square of cloth.
5. What or who is a "seizer chief?"
(a) A dream character who "seizes" Pikunis souls.
(b) White men who represent the Napikwan government.
(c) An amulet imbued with the power to control the enemy's mind.
(d) A renegade Indian who abducts Napikwans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it to stage a horse raid on the Crows?
2. What is credited as the power that has helped the injured man to recover?
3. Where is the Napikwan that injured Fast Horse?
4. What problem does Fast Horse voice to Owl Child?
5. Whose gossip does Heavy Shield Woman look forward to hearing?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)