|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Fast Horse esteem and a promising future?
(a) His cleansing in the sweat lodge ritual.
(b) His beaded vest.
(c) His ability to steal horses.
(d) His father's Beaver Medicine Bundle.
2. What does Rides-at-the-door do while the Napikwan speak?
(a) Rides-at-the-door does not let on that he understands the Napikwan language.
(b) Rides-at-the-door paces around the fire.
(c) Rides-at-the-door does not listen.
(d) Rides-at-the-door sings his power song softly.
3. Which of the following is a true statement about Fast Horse's relationship to the Lone Eaters since his return from the horse raid on the Crow without Yellow Kidney?
(a) Fast Horse will receive power and position from the Beaver Medicine.
(b) Fast Horse is an outsider among the Lone Eaters
(c) Fast Horse is respected as a great horse-stealer.
(d) Fast Horse is close friends with White Man's Dog.
4. What does White Man's Dog see in his dream just before he wakes up?
(a) Cold Maker pointing to a frozen spring.
(b) A victorious raiding party riding away with stolen horses.
(c) A white dove rising into the moonlit night.
(d) A young white-faced girl with arms outstretched.
5. What reaction does White Man's Dog have to the battle as they ride away?
(a) He sings his victory song.
(b) He laughs and cheers with his companions.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rides-at-the-door think they should do about the Napikwans?
2. What does White Man's Dog think his dream means?
3. Who is Heavy Shield Woman?
4. What bothers Fools Crow about the news that the Napikwan scout tells them?
5. What new name does White Man's Dog receive after receiving war honors from his participation in a horse raid?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)