|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fast Horse's alliance with Owl Child foretell?
(a) A fighting alliance with the other Pikunis tribes.
(b) More trouble with the Napikwans.
(c) Good fortune for the Lone Eaters.
(d) Destruction of the Napikwans.
2. Fast Horse is a young brave who could best be described as follows:
(a) Someone who is kind and unassuming.
(b) Someone who is always thinking of the future.
(c) Someone who is afraid of the Crow.
(d) Someone who brags and is full of self-importance.
3. What bothers Fools Crow about the news that the Napikwan scout tells them?
(a) It bothers him that Fast Horse might be with Owl Child, who he feels is a bad man.
(b) Fools Crow fears the bad luck that Four Bear's death may bring to the Pikunis.
(c) Fools Crow does not know if he can believe the Napikwan scout's story, as it is well known that the Napikwans lie.
(d) It bothers him that the man known as Four Bears was killed.
4. How does Red Paint feel about her husband going to war with the war party?
(a) She is nervous, but proud that he is going.
(b) She is confident that he will bring honor to the family.
(c) She wants him to go so he can get revenge for Yellow Kidney's mutilation.
(d) She is scared and does not want him to go.
5. What object ties a wolverine dream of White Dog's and a wolverine dream of Kills-close-to-the-Lake's with reality?
(a) An eagle feather.
(b) A slender white stone.
(c) A Napikwan horse.
(d) A magic amulet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, who arrives at the Lone Eaters' camp?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 7, three riders enter the Pikunis camp riding on what?
3. In Chapter 9, who said, "That's the way it is now. All the breathing things are gone--except for us. But hurry, brother, for I feel my strength slipping away."
4. What does White Man's Dog do for Yellow Kidney's lodge in his absence?
5. What happens to the sun in the middle of the fourth day?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)