|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when White Man's Dog tries to talk to Fast Horse about the possibility that Cold Maker could be holding Yellow Kidney until Fast Horse fulfills his vow?
(a) Cold Maker appears and tells White Man's Dog to mind his own dreams.
(b) Fast Horse shows remorse.
(c) Fast Horse becomes angry.
(d) Fast Horse thinks this is possible and promises to find a way to fulfill his vow.
2. How does Yellow Kidney return to the Lone Eaters?
(a) On a small white horse, very thin and missing his fingers.
(b) On foot, sick and exhausted.
(c) On a strong stallion with war trophies.
(d) On a small white horse under armed escort.
3. In Chapters 5 and 6, which of the following is NOT something the author has revealed to the reader about the Pikunis culture?
(a) That the Pikunis believe that not acting or believing on a dream can change the direction of lives.
(b) That a Pikunis healer could be either a medicine man or a medicine woman.
(c) That honor plays an important role in the Pikunis culture.
(d) That the Pikunis value craftiness.
4. What does White Man's Dog do for Yellow Kidney's lodge in his absence?
(a) He fixes the roof of Yellow Kidney's lodge.
(b) He hunts and leaves food at Yellow Kidney's lodge.
(c) He sits in the place of Yellow Kidney at meal time.
(d) He brings firewood to Yellow Kidney's lodge.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 7, three riders enter the Pikunis camp riding on what?
(a) Magical horses.
(b) Nipikwan horses.
(c) Picunis horses.
(d) Crow horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eagle's Rib's dream of the horse of death with the reins dragging and White Man's Dog's dream of the white-faced girl in the death lodge are both fulfilled by what plot development?
2. What does White Man's Dog see in his dream just before he wakes up?
3. What reward will the Raven bestow on White Man's Dog if he releases the wolverine?
4. What new name does White Man's Dog receive after receiving war honors from his participation in a horse raid?
5. What structure does White Man's Dog enter in his dream?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)