|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't White Man's Dog tell about Fast Horse's dream and vow as he would like?
(a) White Man's Dog is afraid of Fast Horse's anger.
(b) It can turn one's medicine bad if someone tells another man's dream.
(c) First he must be purified in the sweat lodge ceremony.
(d) He promised Fast Horse he would not tell.
2. What reward will the Raven bestow on White Man's Dog if he releases the wolverine?
(a) Raven will make White Man's Dog brave and strong.
(b) Raven will teach White Man's Dog alone to use the wolverine's magic power.
(c) Raven will give White Man's Dog a power dream.
(d) Raven will return Yellow Kidney to the tribe.
3. How many nights does White Man's Dog have his dream?
(a) Four nights.
(b) One night.
(c) Three nights.
(d) Two nights.
4. What does White Man's Dog see in his dream just before he wakes up?
(a) Cold Maker pointing to a frozen spring.
(b) A victorious raiding party riding away with stolen horses.
(c) A young white-faced girl with arms outstretched.
(d) A white dove rising into the moonlit night.
5. What attributes does White Man's Dog hope to gain by painting his body with yellow pigment?
(a) He hopes to gain power and wealth.
(b) He hopes to gain strength and cunning.
(c) He hopes to gain speed and endurance.
(d) He hopes to gain an advantage over his friend, Fast Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does White Man's Dog think his dream means?
2. What does Fast Horse vow to do to appease Cold Maker, whom they have offended?
3. Who becomes Mik-api's apprentice in Chapter 6?
4. What does Eagle Rib dream about that troubles him?
5. What does the author achieve by opening Chapter 3 from Yellow Kidney's point of view?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)