|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fast Horse vow to do to appease Cold Maker, whom they have offended?
(a) Fast Horse vows to bring two robes for Cold Maker's daughters.
(b) Fast Horse vows to kill the chief of the Crows.
(c) Fast Horse vows to find Yellow Kidney.
(d) Fast Horse vows to make Red Paint medicine woman.
2. What structure does White Man's Dog enter in his dream?
(a) A cave where Cold Maker waits.
(b) A sweat lodge filled with warrior braves.
(c) A white man's tent, where he sees a girl.
(d) A tipi filled with dark shapes.
3. In Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2, what theme is being introduced through the encroachment of the Napikwans, the development of the characters, and is further emphasized through the point of view of Rides-at-the Door?
(a) The theme of "love and dreams."
(b) The theme of "loss and change."
(c) The theme of "nature versus nurture."
(d) The theme of "boys will be boys."
4. Why does the brave, White Man's Dog, fear that no woman will find him attractive as a husband?
(a) He has never had a vision.
(b) He has a poor self-image.
(c) He does not have any wealth to offer.
(d) He has a scar on his face.
5. Who of the three who ventured into the heart of the Crow camp is the first to catch up to White Man's Dog?
(a) Eagle Ribs.
(b) Yellow Kidney.
(c) Cold Maker.
(d) Fast Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. After preparing a meal, why does Heavy Shield Woman set a place for Yellow Kidney?
2. Who is the main protagonist in this story around whose life this story revolves?
3. What happens when White Man's Dog tries to talk to Fast Horse about the possibility that Cold Maker could be holding Yellow Kidney until Fast Horse fulfills his vow?
4. How does the author foreshadow that Fast Horse will bring bad fortune to the Pikunis?
5. What attributes does White Man's Dog hope to gain by painting his body with yellow pigment?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)