|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does White Man's Dog daydream about that makes him feel shame?
(a) His father's third wife.
(b) His father's first wife.
(c) His father's second wife.
(d) His best friend's sweetheart.
2. Whose idea is it to stage a horse raid on the Crows?
(b) White Man's Dog.
(c) White Man's Dog's father.
(d) Fast Horse.
3. What happens in Fast Horse's power dream?
(a) Cold Maker warns of a great freeze that will overtake the land, so the raiding party must hurry.
(b) Cold Maker tells Fast Horse to find a frozen stream and remove a large rock that blocks it or the whole raiding party will be punished.
(c) Cold Maker shows Fast Horse a white girl in a tipi and tells him to find her and rescue her.
(d) Fast Horse gives Cold Maker a drink from a frozen stream and Cold Maker promises good fortune for the raiding party.
4. In Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2, what theme is being introduced through the encroachment of the Napikwans, the development of the characters, and is further emphasized through the point of view of Rides-at-the Door?
(a) The theme of "loss and change."
(b) The theme of "boys will be boys."
(c) The theme of "love and dreams."
(d) The theme of "nature versus nurture."
5. What attributes does White Man's Dog hope to gain by painting his body with yellow pigment?
(a) He hopes to gain an advantage over his friend, Fast Horse.
(b) He hopes to gain speed and endurance.
(c) He hopes to gain power and wealth.
(d) He hopes to gain strength and cunning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Heavy Shield Woman?
2. Whose boastful recklessness worries Yellow Kidney because it could bring trouble to the raiding party's success?
3. After preparing a meal, why does Heavy Shield Woman set a place for Yellow Kidney?
4. What does the author achieve by opening Chapter 3 from Yellow Kidney's point of view?
5. Who becomes Mik-api's apprentice in Chapter 6?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)