|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does White Man's Dog daydream about that makes him feel shame?
(a) His father's second wife.
(b) His best friend's sweetheart.
(c) His father's third wife.
(d) His father's first wife.
2. Why does the brave, White Man's Dog, fear that no woman will find him attractive as a husband?
(a) He has a poor self-image.
(b) He has a scar on his face.
(c) He has never had a vision.
(d) He does not have any wealth to offer.
3. After preparing a meal, why does Heavy Shield Woman set a place for Yellow Kidney?
(a) Because Yellow Kidney came to her in a dream and told her he would be coming home someday.
(b) Because her daughter, Red Paint, asked her to.
(c) Because she is honoring the memory of Yellow Kidney whom she believes is dead.
(d) Because Yellow Kidney has escaped from the Crows and has returned.
4. Who or what is the Pikunis?
(a) A name for the white man.
(b) A band of renegades who hate the white man.
(c) A band of the Blackfeet tribe.
(d) The sweat lodge.
5. What structure does White Man's Dog enter in his dream?
(a) A sweat lodge filled with warrior braves.
(b) A white man's tent, where he sees a girl.
(c) A tipi filled with dark shapes.
(d) A cave where Cold Maker waits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many nights does White Man's Dog have his dream?
2. What happens in Fast Horse's power dream?
3. Who of the three who ventured into the heart of the Crow camp is the first to catch up to White Man's Dog?
4. Why does Yellow Kidney include White Man's Dog in the raiding party heading for the Crow camp?
5. Which of the following characteristics is revealed by the way Fast Horse handles and reacts to his dreams?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)