|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the three major themes of this story?
(a) The themes of dreams, honor, and of loss and change.
(b) The themes of obedience, pride and embracing change.
(c) The themes of belief, superstition and consequence.
(d) The themes of love, respect and loss of innocence.
2. What happens to Fools Crow after he and Red Paint have been away from camp for 18 days?
(a) He has a long conversation with Raven in a dream vision.
(b) He weeps over the false story that resulted in his new name, and confesses all to Red Paint.
(c) He meets Raven, a friend of his father's.
(d) He falls and injures his ankle.
3. What object ties a wolverine dream of White Dog's and a wolverine dream of Kills-close-to-the-Lake's with reality?
(a) An eagle feather.
(b) A Napikwan horse.
(c) A slender white stone.
(d) A magic amulet.
4. What brings Fast Horse esteem and a promising future?
(a) His ability to steal horses.
(b) His beaded vest.
(c) His cleansing in the sweat lodge ritual.
(d) His father's Beaver Medicine Bundle.
5. What does Fools Crow use as bait to attract the evil Napikwan?
(b) A buffalo.
(c) Red Paint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should Fools Crow dress for this trip, according to Nitsokan?
2. What are "whiskey runners"?
3. At dusk on the third day, where does Fast Horse find himself?
4. What surprises Fast Horse about Owl Child's response to his concern?
5. To what does Yellow Kidney liken his life to?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)