|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Yellow Kidney reacted to his disfigurement since he has returned home to the Lone Eaters?
(a) He has become a leading voice of wisdom in the camp.
(b) He has overcome his handicap with fierce determination.
(c) He no longer touches his wife and chooses to live in self-pity.
(d) He prays for healing and takes long solitary walks.
2. Why does Yellow Kidney include White Man's Dog in the raiding party heading for the Crow camp?
(a) Out of respect for White Man's Dog's father.
(b) So that he will have someone to blame if all does not go well.
(c) Because he wants to teach White Man's Dog to toughen up.
(d) Because White Man's Dog and Fast Horse are close friends.
3. What does Owl Child do at the ranch?
(a) Owl Child steals the white man's horses.
(b) Owl Child steals the white man's children.
(c) Owl Child rapes the white man's wife, but leaves her alive.
(d) Owl Child rapes and kills the white man's wife.
4. Why is Heavy Shield Woman angry with Fools Crow?
(a) She is tired of him asking for a many-shots-gun.
(b) She caught Fools Crow looking at Kills-close-to-the-lake.
(c) She feels he is risking his life for Fast Horse.
(d) She disagrees with his arrogant and self-serving attitude.
5. What does White Man's Dog sing as he rides into Bull Shield's camp?
(a) White Man's Dog sings his power song.
(b) White Man's Dog sings his death song.
(c) White Man's Dog sings his battle cry.
(d) White Man's Dog sings his victory song.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the war party react to the phenomenon that occurs with the sun on the fourth day?
2. Which of the following is a true statement about Fast Horse's relationship to the Lone Eaters since his return from the horse raid on the Crow without Yellow Kidney?
3. What does Bull Shield sing as he emerges from his tipi?
4. What is the history of the relationship between the Pikunis and the Napikwans as told by Rides-at-the-door?
5. What does Fast Horse like and respect about Owl Child?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)