|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White Man's Dog think his dream means?
(a) He thinks Cold Maker will try to stop the raid.
(b) He thinks they will find a white girl in the enemy camp.
(c) He doesn't know what it means.
(d) He thinks an angel will show them where the tipi is.
2. Which of the following is a true statement about Fast Horse's relationship to the Lone Eaters since his return from the horse raid on the Crow without Yellow Kidney?
(a) Fast Horse is an outsider among the Lone Eaters
(b) Fast Horse is close friends with White Man's Dog.
(c) Fast Horse will receive power and position from the Beaver Medicine.
(d) Fast Horse is respected as a great horse-stealer.
3. What reaction does White Man's Dog have to the battle as they ride away?
(a) He sings his victory song.
(b) He cries.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He laughs and cheers with his companions.
4. What does Yellow Kidney report that Fast Horse did when Yellow Kidney was leading Bull Shield's horse away during the raid that ultimately resulted in his capture?
(a) Fast Horse stepped on a branch that snapped loudly.
(b) Fast Horse lost control of the horse he was leading and it ran away.
(c) Fast Horse was careless about leaving footprints.
(d) Fast Horse broke the silence with fierce boasting.
5. How does Red Paint feel about her husband going to war with the war party?
(a) She wants him to go so he can get revenge for Yellow Kidney's mutilation.
(b) She is scared and does not want him to go.
(c) She is nervous, but proud that he is going.
(d) She is confident that he will bring honor to the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Lone Eaters does Owl Child invite to come visit him?
2. After rejoining Owl Child and his band, what does Fast Horse tell them he wants?
3. How does Yellow Kidney return to the Lone Eaters?
4. What does White Man's Dog see in his dream just before he wakes up?
5. Where does Kills-close-to-the-lake go when she slips out of her mother's dinner gathering?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)