|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the war party react to the phenomenon that occurs with the sun on the fourth day?
(a) They do not know what it means and are bewildered.
(b) They see it as a bad omen and are afraid.
(c) They perform a sun ceremony to restore the sun.
(d) They see it as a good omen that Bull Shield's camp will be destroyed.
2. What does Owl Child do at the ranch?
(a) Owl Child rapes the white man's wife, but leaves her alive.
(b) Owl Child rapes and kills the white man's wife.
(c) Owl Child steals the white man's horses.
(d) Owl Child steals the white man's children.
3. What structure does White Man's Dog enter in his dream?
(a) A cave where Cold Maker waits.
(b) A tipi filled with dark shapes.
(c) A white man's tent, where he sees a girl.
(d) A sweat lodge filled with warrior braves.
4. How does Red Paint feel about her husband going to war with the war party?
(a) She is nervous, but proud that he is going.
(b) She is confident that he will bring honor to the family.
(c) She is scared and does not want him to go.
(d) She wants him to go so he can get revenge for Yellow Kidney's mutilation.
5. What is credited as the power that has helped the injured man to recover?
(a) The poultice of herbs and powders.
(b) The sun god.
(c) The Beaver Medicine.
(d) The sweat lodge ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for the injured man to regain consciousness?
2. How does the author foreshadow that Fast Horse will bring bad fortune to the Pikunis?
3. What does Owl Child want to do now that his grudge with Four Bears has been settled?
4. Where did Yellow Kidney hide that was a fulfillment of White Man's Dog's dream?
5. How many nights does White Man's Dog have his dream?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)