|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owl Child do at the ranch?
(a) Owl Child steals the white man's children.
(b) Owl Child steals the white man's horses.
(c) Owl Child rapes and kills the white man's wife.
(d) Owl Child rapes the white man's wife, but leaves her alive.
2. What does White Man's Dog think his dream means?
(a) He thinks an angel will show them where the tipi is.
(b) He doesn't know what it means.
(c) He thinks they will find a white girl in the enemy camp.
(d) He thinks Cold Maker will try to stop the raid.
3. Eagle's Rib's dream of the horse of death with the reins dragging and White Man's Dog's dream of the white-faced girl in the death lodge are both fulfilled by what plot development?
(a) The arival of the young Pikunis men with the Napikwans horses.
(b) The return of Yellow Kidney to the Lone Eaters.
(c) The purifying ceremony of Mik-api.
(d) The banishment of Fast Horse from the Lone Eaters.
4. What is it about White Man's Dog that Yellow Kidney likes in spite of his unlucky reputation?
(a) White Man's Dog projects a steadiness and calmness.
(b) White Man's Dog is wise beyond his years.
(c) White Man's Dog is an entertaining traveling companion.
(d) White Man's Dog always does what he is told.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 7, three riders enter the Pikunis camp riding on what?
(a) Nipikwan horses.
(b) Picunis horses.
(c) Crow horses.
(d) Magical horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three major themes of this story?
2. Whose boastful recklessness worries Yellow Kidney because it could bring trouble to the raiding party's success?
3. Why is Heavy Shield Woman's concerned about Running Fisher?
4. Where did Yellow Kidney hide that was a fulfillment of White Man's Dog's dream?
5. What does Owl Child want to do now that his grudge with Four Bears has been settled?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)