|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 25-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events make Red Paint question the fairness of fate?
(a) That her father is maimed, her mother unhappy, that Boss Ribs has to turn his son away, and yet Fast Horse lives.
(b) That the dreams of her husband has caused him to kill a Napikwan.
(c) The raid on Bull Shield's camp was not successful.
(d) That Fools Crow was a war hero, yet is not made a chief.
2. What news do the visitors bring to the Lone Eaters' camp?
(a) News of the latest ambushes perpetrated on the Napikwan.
(b) News and gossip of interest only to the women.
(c) News of the spread of the white scab disease.
(d) News of war declared upon the Pikunis by the Napikwan.
3. What does Yellow Kidney report that Fast Horse did when Yellow Kidney was leading Bull Shield's horse away during the raid that ultimately resulted in his capture?
(a) Fast Horse lost control of the horse he was leading and it ran away.
(b) Fast Horse broke the silence with fierce boasting.
(c) Fast Horse stepped on a branch that snapped loudly.
(d) Fast Horse was careless about leaving footprints.
4. What cure does the Napikwan healer tell the Lone Eaters about?
(a) He tells them the Napikwan are sending an elixer that will cure the white scab disease.
(b) He tells them about a vaccine that will prevent white scab disease.
(c) He tells them how to treat the white scab disease with herbs and antibiotics.
(d) He tells them there is an antidote.
5. What does Fast Horse like and respect about Owl Child?
(a) That Owl Child sells horses.
(b) That Owl Child defies the Napikwans.
(c) That Owl Child has stolen a white horse.
(d) That Owl Child has traveled in far lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the history of the relationship between the Pikunis and the Napikwans as told by Rides-at-the-door?
2. Why would the Lone Eaters trust the information the Napikwan healer brings?
3. Where did Yellow Kidney hide that was a fulfillment of White Man's Dog's dream?
4. What does Fools Crow do with the injured rider that approached him at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What do Owl Child and Fast Horse do to the band of Napikwans in Chapter 25?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)