|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the author's opinion, how did early feminists view violence against women?
(a) They thought that gender was not really at play in problems of violence.
(b) In a way, they echoed patriarchal ideas that men had inbred aggressive tendencies and women had submissive and nurturing tendencies.
(c) They saw men as corrupt and women as innately innocent.
(d) They frowned on discussing violence at all.
2. What assertion does the author make about lower and middle class women and power?
(a) They feel comfortable with the power hierarchy.
(b) They have given up on attaining any power in their lives.
(c) They have followed creative and life-affirming models of power.
(d) They do not have the time to create new models of power.
3. According to the author, in what form has feminist thought primarily been circulated?
(a) Through television commercials.
(b) Via the written word (e.g. books, pamphlets, etc.).
(c) Via the radio.
(d) By word of mouth.
4. According to the title of Chapter Nine, what is one of the primary goals of the feminist movement?
(a) To develop a new rating system for DVDs and video games.
(b) To create a government department overseeing women's issues.
(c) To end violence, especially against women.
(d) To legalize prostitution.
5. What ideas about parenting does the author initially discuss?
(a) Parenting in American television sitcoms.
(b) Feminist ideas about parenting.
(c) European ideas of parenting.
(d) Same sex couples' ideas about parenting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What qualities does the author promote in this final chapter on change via the feminist movement?
2. In Chapter Six, what does the author claim women active in feminist movement have been ambivalent about?
3. What is the author's opinion about the two different groups and how they function?
4. For the author, if "we" are to transform our present reality, what must happen?
5. Which one of the following ideas does not appear in the author's discussion of strategies for dealing with accepted beliefs about motherhood?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)