Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author view housework?
(a) As women's work.
(b) As demeaning.
(c) As extremely tiring.
(d) As creative and life-affirming-sometimes more so than work outside the home.
2. What has been the result of this mode of circulation?
(a) It has limited participation in the movement to those who can read.
(b) It has kept feminist thought more localized, since word of mouth does not travel over large distances.
(c) It has made feminist thought accessible to a wider range of women.
(d) It has limited access to feminist ideas to those who own televisions.
3. What notion about women and power do both sexist and traditional feminist culture share?
(a) That women experience and wield power differently from men.
(b) That motherhood is a woman's right of passage.
(c) That women do not understand money.
(d) That women should not be in positions of power.
4. Which one of the following ideas is not mentioned by the author in her discussion of how feminist-oriented change can actually come about?
(a) A concerted and sustained effort to change sexist attitudes in women.
(b) An understanding of the socio-political systems that give rise to and perpetuate sexist attitudes.
(c) Armed struggle.
(d) A concerted and sustained effort to change sexist attitudes in men.
5. How did the group initially discussed by the author characterize parenthood?
(a) As a social duty to create future citizens.
(b) As a trap, another way the male patriarchy exercised its power.
(c) As a form of discipline.
(d) As a luxury.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the author, what activity would be most likely to help spread feminism and its goals to a wider cross section of women?
2. Following the author's reasoning, what does a societal trend towards women identifying with and pursuing male models of power show?
3. Which of the following ideas does not appear in the author's discussion of long accepted views of motherhood?
4. What change in attitudes towards work does the author propose in Chapter Seven.
5. What is the author's central theory about the nature (and practice) of violence against women?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)