|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did early feminists, and society at the time, view housework?
(a) As relatively easy work.
(b) As an ideal job.
(c) As demeaning.
(d) As something a woman cannot escape.
2. Besides spreading feminism and its goals, what else would be accomplished by the action promoted by the author?
(a) A better sense of current events.
(b) The creation of new woman-owned franchises.
(c) Less boredom and frustration.
(d) The dispelling of stereotypes.
3. According to the title of Chapter Nine, what is one of the primary goals of the feminist movement?
(a) To end violence, especially against women.
(b) To create a government department overseeing women's issues.
(c) To develop a new rating system for DVDs and video games.
(d) To legalize prostitution.
4. According to the author, tensions about motherhood existed between which two schools of thought?
(a) Between doctors and midwives.
(b) Between Americans and Europeans.
(c) Between feminists and civil rights activists.
(d) Between early feminist thinking and traditional conception of motherhood.
5. What is the main topic of discussion in Chapter Eleven, "Ending Female Sexual Oppression."
(a) Sexual harassment in the work place.
(c) Sexuality and sexual expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on your overall understanding of this text, what approach is suggested by the title, Feminist Theory from Margin to Center?
2. In the author's view, which prejudices is it important for women of color to transcend?
3. What ideas about parenting does the author initially discuss?
4. Why did many lower/middle class and/or non-white women respond to early feminist views on work as they did?
5. What notion about women and power do both sexist and traditional feminist culture share?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)