|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if people follow the course of action regarding beliefs about motherhood proposed by the author?
(a) It will help to eliminate systemic sexism.
(b) It will help new mothers to carry on traditions.
(c) It will expose others to non-western cultural perspectives.
(d) It will help children learn about motherhood.
2. On what levels of culture and society is violence most likely to exist?
(a) Mostly between countries at war.
(b) On all levels: family, community, government, international relations, etc.
(c) The author does not make a statement one way or the other.
(d) Mostly on the interpersonal level.
3. Overall, what is the author's approach to presenting feminist ideas in this book?
(a) In general, she focuses on more recent developments in feminism.
(b) She presents male stereotypes about women then proceeds to refute them.
(c) She presents other people's work but rarely discusses her own ideas.
(d) Usually she presents early feminist ideas, points out their failings, and proposes alternatives.
4. How did many lower/middle class and/or non-white women respond to this view of work?
(a) Work was not part of their list of concerns at the time.
(b) They wanted more discussion of career possibilities.
(c) They agreed with it.
(d) It alienated them from feminism.
5. What ideas about parenting does the author initially discuss?
(a) European ideas of parenting.
(b) Parenting in American television sitcoms.
(c) Same sex couples' ideas about parenting.
(d) Feminist ideas about parenting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the author's view, which prejudices is it important for women of color to transcend?
2. What aspects of society, for example, would women be able to work towards changing if they were freed from exploitation.
3. How did the group initially discussed by the author characterize parenthood?
4. How does the author view housework?
5. How is violence often represented in western culture?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)