Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Prefaces
1. In the Preface to the first edition (1984), what general theme does the author present?
2. In the Preface to the first edition (1984), which two key terms in her analysis does the author introduce?
3. In the Preface, which four factors are most central to the author's argument about a person's position in society?
4. As stated in the 1984 Preface, what is the primary weakness of feminist theory that the author promises to address in her book?
5. For the author, what must happen to feminism in order for it to have "a revolutionary, transformative impact on society"?
6. From which position (or perspective) does the author claim to write in her analysis of feminism and its social manifestations?
This section contains 2,522 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)