|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to gender and violence, what major aspect of violence does the author discuss in this chapter?
(a) Violence against animals.
(b) Violence in the cinema.
(c) Parental violence.
2. According to the author, in Chapter 1, "Black Women - Shaping Feminist Theory," what were black feminists initially trying to do in the feminist movement?
(a) Be more like white feminists.
(b) To get more work.
(c) Make new friends.
(d) To expand the basis of feminist thought.
3. What change to the language expressing involvement in feminism does the author advocate?
(a) Change "I am a feminist" to "I advocate feminism."
(b) Change "I advocate feminism" to "I am a feminist."
(c) Change "I am a feminist" to "I support the feminist movement."
(d) Change "I advocate feminism" to "I support the feminist movement."
4. In Chapter Four, what does the author give as the broad definition of "sisterhood" from the early feminist movement?
(a) Unity between working women.
(b) Common religion among women.
(c) Women who share the same parents.
(d) Unity between women.
5. Which one of the following ideas is not mentioned by the author in her discussion of how feminist-oriented change can actually come about?
(a) A concerted and sustained effort to change sexist attitudes in men.
(b) A concerted and sustained effort to change sexist attitudes in women.
(c) Armed struggle.
(d) An understanding of the socio-political systems that give rise to and perpetuate sexist attitudes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides spreading feminism and its goals, what else would be accomplished by the action promoted by the author?
2. What is the main relationship discussed in Chapter 5?
3. Which elements define the ideal family for the author?
4. Why does society-the U.S. in particular-have this kind of reaction to the process of change?
5. What can happen to women in light of the social views about their gender?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)