|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the author, which two main terms had been left out of feminist discussions when she first published her book?
(a) Race and class.
(b) Genetics and the role of the family.
(c) Class and marital status.
(d) Gender and race.
2. How does the author view the kind of power practiced by women from non-affluent communities?
(a) As an ideal kind of power.
(b) As an imitation of patriarchal models of power
(c) As a new form of slavery.
(d) As a disappointment.
3. Based on your understanding of the two Prefaces, who does the author wish to reach with her work?
(a) Mainly people who are brand new to feminism.
(b) Women of color.
(d) As wide and diverse of an audience as possible.
4. What will happen if people follow the course of action regarding beliefs about motherhood proposed by the author?
(a) It will help children learn about motherhood.
(b) It will help to eliminate systemic sexism.
(c) It will expose others to non-western cultural perspectives.
(d) It will help new mothers to carry on traditions.
5. The author states that most women would like to be like ________________.
(a) their mothers.
(b) their mentors.
(c) their best friends.
(d) white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the author give for lower and middle class women's relationship with power?
2. The author expresses how feminism reacts to "a political system of imperialist, white supremacist, capitalist patriarchy;" how does she view the state of our society today?
3. What does it ultimately mean for the author when women behave like white men?
4. Which definition of feminism does not work, according to the author?
5. What is the primary "point of contact" between the oppressor and the oppressed?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)