|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author suggest about many successful feminists and their relationship with power?
(a) They embody and/or capitalize upon male definitions of power and success.
(b) They become power hungry to the point of fanaticism.
(c) They try to dominate men.
(d) They develop an inferiority complex.
2. Which of the following ideas does not appear in the author's discussion of long accepted views of motherhood?
(a) Women should not nurse in public.
(b) The home is the only place where good parenting can occur.
(c) It is a woman's unique gift and should be held sacred.
(d) The mother is the only parent capable of good parenting.
3. In the Preface to the second edition, what is the first factor considered by black parents when a child is born, according to the author?
(a) Race, then gender.
(b) Gender, then race.
(c) Gender, then size.
(d) Race, then size.
4. In the title of Chapter Five, what term is used to describe men's relationship to the feminist movement.
(a) Enemy number one.
(b) The oppressor.
(c) Friends of the cause.
(d) Comrades in struggle.
5. What would this change in language suggest?
(a) It would affirm personal identity.
(b) It would make the idea of belonging to a movement more visible.
(c) It would suggest belief and participation in social action for change, rather than a confrontational approach.
(d) It would be active rather than passive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observations does the author make about women and the practice of violence?
2. Based on your understanding of the two Prefaces, who does the author wish to reach with her work?
3. How has the author's own perception of her book held up?
4. The title of Chapter Ten, "Revolutionary Parenting," suggests which of the following ideas?
5. Overall, what does the author think about the effects of the feminist movement?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)