|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface to the first edition (1984), what general theme does the author present?
(a) A history of the feminist movement.
(b) The central theory of her work.
(c) Her ideas about high school education for girls.
(d) Her mother's life story.
2. How does the author characterize early feminist concepts of sexual liberty?
(a) She does not provide any description of such concepts.
(b) Freedom from sexual relations with men.
(c) A complete rejection of romantic love.
(d) The choice to have sexual relations whenever and with whoever one desires.
3. How does the author describe feminism in the U.S.?
(a) As a bourgeois ideology based on liberal individualism.
(b) As a radical revolution.
(c) As a collective Marxist movement.
(d) As a separatist movement.
4. How does the author present education in the title of Chapter Eight
(a) As a dilemma.
(b) As as a class agenda.
(c) As a feminist agenda.
(d) As a teen agenda.
5. In addition to gender and violence, what major aspect of violence does the author discuss in this chapter?
(a) Violence against animals.
(b) Parental violence.
(c) Violence in the cinema.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it ultimately mean for the author when women behave like white men?
2. In the Preface, which four factors are most central to the author's argument about a person's position in society?
3. The author states that most women would like to be like ________________.
4. In Chapter 1, what key term does the author use to talk about the "racial politic" in the U.S.?
5. For the author, what perspective really changed the direction of feminist thought?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)