|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has desensitized women and men to violence in the author's view?
(a) Their families.
(b) She does not feel that women have become desensitized to violence.
(c) Its use in everyday language.
(d) Its prevalence in the media.
2. The title of Chapter Ten, "Revolutionary Parenting," suggests which of the following ideas?
(a) Parenting and technology.
(b) How activists can meet the challenges of parenting.
(c) Parents should homeschool their children.
(d) Parenting, and attitudes toward it, must undergo major changes.
3. What does the author say about the statement: "I am a feminist"?
(a) She says it may imply a rigid us vs. them mentality or belief system.
(b) She does not think that women want to back up the statement with actions.
(c) This statement allows women to feel more empowered and gain more respect.
(d) She worries that it is not forceful enough.
4. Why does the author hold her particular beliefs about prioritizing struggles against different forms of prejudice?
(a) She holds her views because she needs to maintain her standing in the academic community.
(b) Because she is a women, she places gender issues first.
(c) As a black woman, she feels that race is a more pressing matter than feminism.
(d) All are ultimately as destructive of society and the individual as the other.
5. Based on your understanding of the two Prefaces, who does the author wish to reach with her work?
(b) As wide and diverse of an audience as possible.
(c) Women of color.
(d) Mainly people who are brand new to feminism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Preface, which four factors are most central to the author's argument about a person's position in society?
2. The phrase "suffering cannot be measured and compared quantitatively" comes from which of the following authors?
3. According to the title of Chapter Nine, what is one of the primary goals of the feminist movement?
4. Besides spreading feminism and its goals, what else would be accomplished by the action promoted by the author?
5. What assertion does the author make about lower and middle class women and power?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)