|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's contention about the feelings that defined sisterhood?
(a) She suggests that they support sexist, patriarchal attitudes towards women.
(b) She thinks they have a lot to do with insecurity around men.
(c) She finds them to be unjustified.
(d) Actually, she does not see anything wrong with them.
2. When and where did the author enroll in her first women's studies class?
(a) At Brown in the early 1980s.
(b) At UCLA in the late 1960s.
(c) At Howard in the 1970s.
(d) At Stanford in the 1970s.
3. How did early feminists, and society at the time, view housework?
(a) As an ideal job.
(b) As relatively easy work.
(c) As something a woman cannot escape.
(d) As demeaning.
4. According to the author, how are joint analyses of race, class, and gender seen today?
(a) They are accepted by mainstream feminism as common practice.
(b) They are still rejected by mainstream feminists as too radical.
(c) They are mostly practiced by black intellectuals.
(d) They are exclusively embraced in university settings.
5. Based on your understanding of the two Prefaces, who does the author wish to reach with her work?
(a) As wide and diverse of an audience as possible.
(c) Mainly people who are brand new to feminism.
(d) Women of color.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author opens the Preface to the first edition of the book with a description of which group and its experiences in life?
2. In the author's view, what three things most determine a woman's destiny?
3. How does the author characterize early feminist concepts of sexual liberty?
4. Which one of the following is true of the author beliefs about child care centers?
5. The phrase "the problem that has no name" refers to which of the following issues?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)