|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that most women would like to be like ________________.
(a) their best friends.
(b) white men.
(c) their mothers.
(d) their mentors.
2. What can happen to women in light of the social views about their gender?
(a) There is no proof that social attitudes affect individual choices.
(b) Women can absorb these views and manifest them in their lives in negative ways.
(c) Women can simply imitate men and these views will not affect them.
(d) Nothing happens to women; they are not influenced by social attitudes.
3. Besides spreading feminism and its goals, what else would be accomplished by the action promoted by the author?
(a) The dispelling of stereotypes.
(b) A better sense of current events.
(c) The creation of new woman-owned franchises.
(d) Less boredom and frustration.
4. How does the author view housework?
(a) As extremely tiring.
(b) As creative and life-affirming-sometimes more so than work outside the home.
(c) As demeaning.
(d) As women's work.
5. As stated in the 1984 Preface, what is the primary weakness of feminist theory that the author promises to address in her book?
(a) Feminist theory does not reach out to younger women.
(b) Feminist theory is too focused on economics.
(c) Feminist theory does not propose concrete solutions for women's empowerment.
(d) It has been developed and presented from the perspective of women with more societal power and privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, who originally defined "sisterhood" in the feminist movement?
2. How does the author view women's desires and attempts to be like white men?
3. In general, the title of Chapter 1, "Black Women - Shaping Feminist Theory," relates to which of the following ideas?
4. In Chapter 1, what key term does the author use to talk about the "racial politic" in the U.S.?
5. Why does the author hold her particular beliefs about prioritizing struggles against different forms of prejudice?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)