|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who must be retrained in order for the feminist movement to be successful?
(b) White upper class men.
(c) Men and women.
2. In the author's opinion, how did early feminists view violence against women?
(a) They thought that gender was not really at play in problems of violence.
(b) They frowned on discussing violence at all.
(c) They saw men as corrupt and women as innately innocent.
(d) In a way, they echoed patriarchal ideas that men had inbred aggressive tendencies and women had submissive and nurturing tendencies.
3. How does the author support her claims about the reception of black women's efforts in the early feminist movement?
(a) She cites anecdotal evidence based on personal experience.
(b) She presents statistical research.
(c) She does not support her claims with evidence.
(d) She presents a series of interviews that she conducted.
4. What is violence truly a manifestation of for the author?
(a) Imperialism, power, and a hierarchy of control.
(b) Sexual inadequacy.
(c) Hatred of women, especially the mother.
5. In the author's view, is it valid to define feminism in terms of creating a sense of community?
(a) Community is something that all women lack so it is way to define feminism.
(b) The definition is too vague to be useful.
(c) She claims that non-white, lower class women, who already have a strong sense of community may not find this definition adequate.
(d) Yes, this should be part of the universal definition of feminism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What general statement does the author make about men that may seem to contradict her other claims?
2. Which definition of feminism does not work, according to the author?
3. What is the main relationship discussed in Chapter 5?
4. Overall, what does the author think about the effects of the feminist movement?
5. Following the author's reasoning, what does a societal trend towards women identifying with and pursuing male models of power show?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)