|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author characterize black women's future role in the feminist movement?
(a) She believes that black women have an important role to play in deepening and broadening the movement.
(b) She thinks that they would be better off starting their own movement.
(c) She describes their future role along the lines of a hostile takeover.
(d) She believes that they will no longer need feminism.
2. How does the author characterize the aims of the feminist movement in relationship to other movements?
(a) The feminist movements aims and intentions are interwoven with those struggling against classism, racism, heterosexism, and other forms of oppression..
(b) The aims and goals of the feminist movement are really separate from other movements.
(c) Feminists should stay focused on their own goals and not look to other movements.
(d) There is a relationship between feminism and the struggle against ageism, but that is all.
3. What is the author's contention about the feelings that defined sisterhood?
(a) Actually, she does not see anything wrong with them.
(b) She finds them to be unjustified.
(c) She suggests that they support sexist, patriarchal attitudes towards women.
(d) She thinks they have a lot to do with insecurity around men.
4. According to the author, what does society often teach women about what it means to be a woman?
(a) That to be a woman is easier than being a man.
(b) That to be female is to be a victim.
(c) That to be female is to be important.
(d) That women should be silent.
5. What assertion does the author make about lower and middle class women and power?
(a) They feel comfortable with the power hierarchy.
(b) They do not have the time to create new models of power.
(c) They have followed creative and life-affirming models of power.
(d) They have given up on attaining any power in their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should feminists behave towards consumerism, according to the author?
2. Why did many lower/middle class and/or non-white women respond to early feminist views on work as they did?
3. Who has portrayed the relationship between feminism and the family in this way? (See question # 61)
4. For the author, what perspective really changed the direction of feminist thought?
5. The author states that most women would like to be like ________________.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)