|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief about men did early feminists act out, according to the author.
(a) The belief that men were unimportant.
(b) The belief that all men were the enemy.
(c) The belief that men were like children.
(d) The belief that men were role models.
2. How does the author view housework?
(a) As demeaning.
(b) As extremely tiring.
(c) As creative and life-affirming-sometimes more so than work outside the home.
(d) As women's work.
3. How does the author describe feminism in the U.S.?
(a) As a bourgeois ideology based on liberal individualism.
(b) As a separatist movement.
(c) As a radical revolution.
(d) As a collective Marxist movement.
4. "The problem that has no name" is a quotation by which author?
(a) Leah Fritz.
(b) Betty Friedan.
(c) Bell hooks.
(d) Rita Mae Brown.
5. Related to the issue of feminist writing, between which two groups does the author notice tension in the greater feminist movement?
(a) The tension between younger and older women.
(b) The tension between those who advocate scientific analysis and those advocating political manifestos.
(c) The tension between those who write and discuss theories and ideas and those who engage in direct activism to support the feminist movement.
(d) The tension between those who are idealistic and those who are practical.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are black and white men the same in the author's view?
2. How does the author view the concept of personal freedom?
3. What major difference between white and black men does the author point out?
4. How were black women's efforts received by white feminists?
5. What was the author's initial experience in women's groups?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)