|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what levels of culture and society is violence most likely to exist?
(a) Mostly between countries at war.
(b) The author does not make a statement one way or the other.
(c) Mostly on the interpersonal level.
(d) On all levels: family, community, government, international relations, etc.
2. Related to education, what does the author see as one of the primary goals of feminism?
(a) Encouraging women to take more business classes.
(b) Encouraging women to strive for education and develop their intellects.
(c) Encouraging women not to get lose sight of their families in their quest for an education.
(d) Encouraging women to challenge their male professors.
3. In the Preface to the first edition (1984), what general theme does the author present?
(a) Her ideas about high school education for girls.
(b) A history of the feminist movement.
(c) Her mother's life story.
(d) The central theory of her work.
4. How does the author present education in the title of Chapter Eight
(a) As a dilemma.
(b) As as a class agenda.
(c) As a teen agenda.
(d) As a feminist agenda.
5. How were black women's efforts received by white feminists?
(a) They were seen as disorganized.
(b) They were completely ignored.
(c) They were openly embraced.
(d) They were mostly met with resentment and derision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has portrayed the relationship between feminism and the family in this way? (See question # 61)
2. In the author's view, how did early feminists understand work, i.e what did they identify as successful work?
3. Related to the issue of feminist writing, between which two groups does the author notice tension in the greater feminist movement?
4. What is the awareness about sexual oppression that the author advocates?
5. How does the author support her claims about the reception of black women's efforts in the early feminist movement?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)