|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Were there ever alternate reactions to black women's efforts to participate in the early feminist movement, and if so what were they?
(a) Black women were always seen as a threat to the movement.
(b) Sometimes their ideas inspired new understanding and growth in the movement.
(c) Black feminists' ideas about class were accepted, but not their ideas about race.
(d) Some white feminists rejected their ideas but most did not.
2. What are some of the biggest challenges to sisterhood?
(a) There used to be challenges but they have lessened.
(b) Global warming, politics, and religion.
(c) Unfair business practices.
(d) Racism, classism, sexism, and heterosexism.
3. In the Preface to the second edition, what is the first factor considered by black parents when a child is born, according to the author?
(a) Gender, then size.
(b) Race, then gender.
(c) Gender, then race.
(d) Race, then size.
4. What is the author's contention about the feelings that defined sisterhood?
(a) She suggests that they support sexist, patriarchal attitudes towards women.
(b) Actually, she does not see anything wrong with them.
(c) She thinks they have a lot to do with insecurity around men.
(d) She finds them to be unjustified.
5. What is the primary "point of contact" between the oppressor and the oppressed?
(a) There is very little actual contact.
(b) Absence of choices.
(c) The work environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, what does the author think about the effects of the feminist movement?
2. According to the author, how did early feminists see gender?
3. Who must be retrained in order for the feminist movement to be successful?
4. The author expresses how feminism reacts to "a political system of imperialist, white supremacist, capitalist patriarchy;" how does she view the state of our society today?
5. How does the author see feminism and the family?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)