Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary "point of contact" between the oppressor and the oppressed?
(a) There is very little actual contact.
(b) Absence of choices.
(d) The work environment.
2. How does consumerism relate to the author's discussion of power?
(a) Feminists should not be distracted from fighting sexism by focusing on resisting consumerism.
(b) Feminists should tap into consumer culture to gain power.
(c) It does not come up in her discussion at all.
(d) Combatting consumerism is a positive manifestation of women's power.
3. What was the author's initial experience in women's groups?
(a) She found solidarity with women from very different backgrounds.
(b) Everyone was really open-minded.
(c) White women did not treat women of color as equals.
(d) No one would look at her.
4. What must happen in order for women to create true sisterhood?
(a) Women must decide to get a formal education.
(b) Women must all agree on a single definition of sisterhood.
(c) Women must learn to explore, understand, and communicate their individual experiences.
(d) Women must learn to organize politically.
5. In Chapter 3, "The Significance of Feminist Movement," the author discusses which of the following themes?
(a) The effects of feminism on foreign policy.
(b) Famous personalities within the feminist movement.
(c) The major shortcomings of the feminist movement.
(d) The potential social and political benefits of the feminist movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it ultimately mean for the author when women behave like white men?
2. In the Preface to the second edition (2000), how does the author characterize the later reception of her work?
3. What can happen to women in light of the social views about their gender?
4. Overall, what does the author think about the effects of the feminist movement?
5. "The problem that has no name" is a quotation by which author?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)