|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what key term does the author use to talk about the "racial politic" in the U.S.?
(a) Racial ignorance.
(b) White supremacy.
(d) White privilege.
2. What must happen in order for women to create true sisterhood?
(a) Women must learn to organize politically.
(b) Women must all agree on a single definition of sisterhood.
(c) Women must decide to get a formal education.
(d) Women must learn to explore, understand, and communicate their individual experiences.
3. In the author's view, which prejudices is it important for women of color to transcend?
(a) Prejudices against illiterate women.
(b) Prejudices against their mothers' generation.
(c) Prejudices against academics and/or intellectuals.
(d) Prejudices against rich women.
4. According to the author, how did early feminists see gender?
(a) As less important than class.
(b) As less important than race.
(c) As a form of empowerment.
(d) As the sole determinant of a woman's fate.
5. In the first chapter, how does the author characterize the perspective of the women involved in the early feminist movement?
(a) Their perspective is difficult to pin down since they were from many different social backgrounds.
(b) They thought working women were not true feminists.
(c) They saw all women as oppressed but had no real awareness of the life of a non-white, non-middle class women.
(d) They were overly concerned with saving poor women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it ultimately mean for the author when women behave like white men?
2. In the title of Chapter Five, what term is used to describe men's relationship to the feminist movement.
3. How does the author view women's desires and attempts to be like white men?
4. What do feminists need to consider when examining their beliefs about men?
5. According to the author, challenges to to sisterhood can exist between white women and women of color; between which other groups does she say that they can exist?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)