|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's opinion about the two different groups and how they function?
(a) Both are necessary to the movement.
(b) They need to take turns being in charge.
(c) One is more necessary to the movement than the other.
(d) They should learn to stand i the other groups shoes.
2. What is the author's contention about the feelings that defined sisterhood?
(a) She thinks they have a lot to do with insecurity around men.
(b) Actually, she does not see anything wrong with them.
(c) She finds them to be unjustified.
(d) She suggests that they support sexist, patriarchal attitudes towards women.
3. Were there ever alternate reactions to black women's efforts to participate in the early feminist movement, and if so what were they?
(a) Sometimes their ideas inspired new understanding and growth in the movement.
(b) Some white feminists rejected their ideas but most did not.
(c) Black women were always seen as a threat to the movement.
(d) Black feminists' ideas about class were accepted, but not their ideas about race.
4. What has desensitized women and men to violence in the author's view?
(a) Its use in everyday language.
(b) She does not feel that women have become desensitized to violence.
(c) Their families.
(d) Its prevalence in the media.
5. In addition to gender and violence, what major aspect of violence does the author discuss in this chapter?
(a) Violence against animals.
(b) Violence in the cinema.
(d) Parental violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's central theory about the nature (and practice) of violence against women?
2. Besides spreading feminism and its goals, what else would be accomplished by the action promoted by the author?
3. Who must be retrained in order for the feminist movement to be successful?
4. What was the shared feeling that helped define sisterhood in the early years of the movement, according to the author?
5. The phrase "suffering cannot be measured and compared quantitatively" comes from which of the following authors?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)