|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what does society often teach women about what it means to be a woman?
(a) That to be female is to be important.
(b) That women should be silent.
(c) That to be female is to be a victim.
(d) That to be a woman is easier than being a man.
2. In the title of Chapter Five, what term is used to describe men's relationship to the feminist movement.
(a) Comrades in struggle.
(b) Friends of the cause.
(c) The oppressor.
(d) Enemy number one.
3. What has happened as a result of the form taken by the majority of feminist writing?
(a) More women have been attracted to the movement.
(b) Many women have seen the writing as impractical.
(c) Younger women have been able to relate to feminist writing with more ease.
(d) Many uneducated women have been excluded.
4. What did these early feminists forget to take into account in their beliefs about men?
(a) Differences in age and profession.
(b) Differences in race and class.
(c) Whether men were married or single.
(d) Differences in religion and age.
5. How are black and white men the same in the author's view?
(a) They are not the same in the author's view.
(b) They are both capable of sexual oppression and violence against women, whether sexual or non-sexual.
(c) They both stand to lose power as a result of feminism.
(d) They both do not want women to be strong and assertive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to gender and violence, what major aspect of violence does the author discuss in this chapter?
2. For the author, what activity would be most likely to help spread feminism and its goals to a wider cross section of women?
3. What do feminists need to consider when examining their beliefs about men?
4. What can happen to women in light of the social views about their gender?
5. What is the author's opinion about the two different groups and how they function?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)