|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe feminism in the U.S.?
(a) As a collective Marxist movement.
(b) As a radical revolution.
(c) As a bourgeois ideology based on liberal individualism.
(d) As a separatist movement.
2. What assertion does the author make (once again) about who benefits from the current feminist movement?
(a) It can, and will, benefit people of both genders and all ages.
(b) Only women will benefit from the movement.
(c) She states that white middle class women stand to benefit more than anyone else.
(d) Children will benefit, but not the current generation.
3. For the author, what activity would be most likely to help spread feminism and its goals to a wider cross section of women?
(a) Buying ad space on television.
(b) Printing more pamphlets.
(c) Promoting literacy.
(d) Holding town hall events.
4. What is the author's contention about the feelings that defined sisterhood?
(a) She thinks they have a lot to do with insecurity around men.
(b) She finds them to be unjustified.
(c) She suggests that they support sexist, patriarchal attitudes towards women.
(d) Actually, she does not see anything wrong with them.
5. What has been the result of this mode of circulation?
(a) It has limited participation in the movement to those who can read.
(b) It has limited access to feminist ideas to those who own televisions.
(c) It has kept feminist thought more localized, since word of mouth does not travel over large distances.
(d) It has made feminist thought accessible to a wider range of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. When and where did the author enroll in her first women's studies class?
2. What is the main relationship discussed in Chapter 5?
3. How does the author view women's desires and attempts to be like white men?
4. What general statement does the author make about men that may seem to contradict her other claims?
5. What must happen in order for women to create true sisterhood?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)