|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do feminists need to consider when examining their beliefs about men?
(a) How lower and working class men and non-white men are also oppressed.
(b) Whether it is safe to alter their beliefs about men.
(c) Whether or not men deserve to be included in feminism.
(d) How often men use sexist language.
2. What does it ultimately mean for the author when women behave like white men?
(a) It means that these women are creating a more successful life.
(b) It means that there are more white men, i.e. there is no new definition of humanity.
(c) It's an important sign of the sexual revolution.
(d) It means that they are traitors to their gender.
3. How does the author describe Betty Friedan in Chapter 1?
(a) As a creative genius who was misunderstood.
(b) As a major proponent of integration within the feminist movement.
(c) As a marginal woman who rose to prominence.
(d) As the author of a seminal feminist work whose theories have a white, middle-class bias.
4. Besides spreading feminism and its goals, what else would be accomplished by the action promoted by the author?
(a) The dispelling of stereotypes.
(b) Less boredom and frustration.
(c) A better sense of current events.
(d) The creation of new woman-owned franchises.
5. What is the awareness about sexual oppression that the author advocates?
(a) Sexual oppression is derived from poor self-esteem.
(b) Sexual oppression is here to stay.
(c) Men are not effected by sexual oppression but they should support ending it.
(d) Sexual oppression damages everyone and ending it will benefit everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief about men did early feminists act out, according to the author.
2. What is the main relationship discussed in Chapter 5?
3. What was the author's initial experience in women's groups?
4. On what levels of culture and society is violence most likely to exist?
5. According to the title of Chapter Nine, what is one of the primary goals of the feminist movement?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)