|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do feminists need to consider when examining their beliefs about men?
(a) How often men use sexist language.
(b) Whether it is safe to alter their beliefs about men.
(c) Whether or not men deserve to be included in feminism.
(d) How lower and working class men and non-white men are also oppressed.
2. Who must be retrained in order for the feminist movement to be successful?
(a) Men and women.
(c) White upper class men.
3. In Chapter 1, the author states that feminist theory and the feminist movement were originally shaped by which type of people?
(a) Middle-class white women.
(b) Middle-class women.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) Expatriates living abroad.
4. In Chapter Four, what does the author give as the broad definition of "sisterhood" from the early feminist movement?
(a) Unity between women.
(b) Common religion among women.
(c) Women who share the same parents.
(d) Unity between working women.
5. What general statement does the author make about men that may seem to contradict her other claims?
(a) Sexism is not perpetuated by educated men.
(b) All men support and perpetuate sexism and sexist oppression in one form or another.
(c) Most men are unable to truly support feminism.
(d) Men are no longer sexist.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, how did early feminists see gender?
2. What was the author's initial experience in women's groups?
3. According to the author, in what form has feminist thought primarily been circulated?
4. What observations does the author make about women and the practice of violence?
5. What is violence truly a manifestation of for the author?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)