|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the author, what activity would be most likely to help spread feminism and its goals to a wider cross section of women?
(a) Promoting literacy.
(b) Buying ad space on television.
(c) Holding town hall events.
(d) Printing more pamphlets.
2. How does the author characterize black women's future role in the feminist movement?
(a) She believes that black women have an important role to play in deepening and broadening the movement.
(b) She thinks that they would be better off starting their own movement.
(c) She believes that they will no longer need feminism.
(d) She describes their future role along the lines of a hostile takeover.
3. What are some of the biggest challenges to sisterhood?
(a) There used to be challenges but they have lessened.
(b) Racism, classism, sexism, and heterosexism.
(c) Unfair business practices.
(d) Global warming, politics, and religion.
4. How does the author view women's desires and attempts to be like white men?
(a) She disagrees strongly with this definition of feminism because it sustains the current patriarchal system.
(b) She believes that it is the only way fro women to gain credibility and power in society.
(c) She thinks that it is acceptable for white women but not for black women.
(d) She refrains from commenting because she doesn't want to appear judgmental.
5. According to the author, who originally defined "sisterhood" in the feminist movement?
(a) The middle class white women at the forefront of the movement.
(b) University professors.
(c) Young female college students in sociology classes.
(d) Working class women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the author's initial experience in women's groups?
2. In Chapter Four, what does the author give as the broad definition of "sisterhood" from the early feminist movement?
3. What has been the result of this mode of circulation?
4. What did she notice about white female students at the time?
5. Besides spreading feminism and its goals, what else would be accomplished by the action promoted by the author?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)