|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had become a trap?
(a) The small-minded image of women.
(b) The lack of personal image in women.
(c) The home life.
(d) The disregard of the way women feel.
2. What was considered 'real' life?
(a) Career life.
(b) Single life.
(c) Spinsterhood life.
(d) Married life.
3. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(b) Where their role in society was.
(c) To reproduce and be happy.
(d) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
4. Women must learn to compete not as female but as ______.
5. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
(a) By buying things to help her marriage.
(b) By buying products for the home and family.
(c) By buying things that made her feel good.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave women peace of mind?
2. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
3. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
4. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
5. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)