|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second step in finding oneself as a woman?
(a) To understand that you will face scrutiny of your peers.
(b) None of these.
(c) To realize marriage is over glorified by the feminine mystique.
(d) To realize that the road isn't easy, but it is rewarding.
2. What clinic for children did Mrs. Freidan visit?
(a) The Putnam Jackson Childrens Center in Boston.
(b) The Jackson James Putnam Childrens Center in Boston.
(c) The Jackson James Center in Boston.
(d) The James Jackson Putnam Childrens Center in Boston.
3. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
(a) Intelligent girls.
(b) Feeble-minded girls.
(c) Attractive girls.
(d) Able-minded girls.
4. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
(b) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(c) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
(d) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
5. Why couldn't Betty operate as a suburban housewife anymore if she had wanted to?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her kids were kicked out of the carpool.
(c) She had become a leper in her own suburb.
(d) She was no longer invited out to the dinner parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sparked the White House's interest?
2. Which mothers were more sure of themselves?
3. Wives became __________________.
4. "The problem for women today is not ______, but a problem of _______?
5. What was to be capitalized on in order to keep selling products?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)