|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
(a) Beatification procedures.
(b) Education, freedom and rights are wrong for women.
(c) Weekly "Womens' meetings".
(d) Much more sex, and that they need to make more babies.
2. What have psychiatrists used to cure neurosis in the past?
(a) They tried to fit them into a culture.
(b) They used electroshock therapy.
(c) They tried to help them debase their own potential.
(d) They used brainscans to monitor the changes in the patient.
3. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
(a) It was compared to the life career women felt.
(b) It was a way to keep marriages occurring in post war America.
(c) It was explained that they could feel this in marriage too.
(d) None of these.
4. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
(a) Grow up and have interests outside of being a wife and mother.
(b) Cling more to their children.
(c) Live deeper within the feminine mystique.
(d) Cling to their husbands.
5. How do women find enjoyment in being a woman?
(a) They stop conforming to the image of femininty.
(b) They decide that their lives as an individual are far more important.
(c) They stop listening to their parents speaking for them.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did the average housewife sleep, but still found themselves tired?
2. In the name of femininity women are encouraged to ______ human growth.
3. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
4. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
5. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)