|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became a dirty word?
(a) Career woman.
(b) Free thinking woman.
(c) Working woman.
(d) Opinionated woman.
2. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
(a) They seemed a lot more fulfilled.
(b) They didn't do as much housework as those that did.
(c) They didn't undergo extensive psychotherapy.
(d) They completed it faster than those that did.
3. What should be the goal of every normal woman?
(a) "The art of being a great housewife".
(b) "To shop unscrupulously".
(c) "To be an independent buyer".
(d) "The art of good homemaking".
4. What was the real cause of feminism and women's frustration?
(a) All of these.
(b) The lack of appreciation for the housewife's role.
(c) The lack or respect gained for the housewifes role.
(d) The emptiness in the housewife's role.
5. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
(a) It was compared to the life career women felt.
(b) None of these.
(c) It was a way to keep marriages occurring in post war America.
(d) It was explained that they could feel this in marriage too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret Mead's work persuade women to do?
2. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
3. What accompanies the growth in mental activity?
4. Housework presents _______________.
5. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)