|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
(a) They all had found fulfillment outside of the home.
(b) They all had passions and knew what they wanted.
(c) They all weren't fulltime housewives.
(d) All of these.
2. What is the most powerful argument of the feminine mystique?
(a) That the woman rejects her husband and children if she doesn't stay at home.
(b) That the woman will be less of a woman if she doesn't stay at home.
(c) All of these.
(d) That the woman may lose her fertility if she works outside of the home.
3. What was wrong with children?
(a) They lacked fire.
(b) They all sleepwalked.
(c) They were going through their lives without passion or direction.
(d) They were following the feminine mystique to the letter.
4. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
(a) Too much education.
(b) Their ability to work.
(c) Their inability to work.
(d) Too little education.
5. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) Their fathers.
(d) Society at large.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did men in Bali use?
2. How did Andras Angyal describe this weakness?
3. How is the identity of women determined?
4. What is the functionalist's primary concern?
5. What should an education do?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)