|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't a woman encouraged to buy whatever needed to get her out of the home and finding herself?
(a) Husbands aren't interested in new gadgets.
(b) None of these.
(c) The product vendors need housewives, not independent women.
(d) Career women are harder to sell to.
2. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) They turned to their children.
(d) They turned to their husbands.
3. What is the first step in finding oneself as a woman?
(a) To answer the question "who am I?".
(b) To balance home and career.
(c) To seek guidance from others that have gone before you.
(d) To say unequivocally "no" to the feminine mystique.
4. Why couldn't Betty operate as a suburban housewife anymore if she had wanted to?
(a) She was no longer invited out to the dinner parties.
(b) She had become a leper in her own suburb.
(c) Her kids were kicked out of the carpool.
(d) All of these.
5. What was the common thread between all the women that Mrs. Friedan interviewed?
(a) They all had found fulfillment outside of the home.
(b) All of these.
(c) They all weren't fulltime housewives.
(d) They all had passions and knew what they wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which women were happiest?
2. Women must learn to compete not as female but as ______.
3. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
4. What is the key to getting out of the trap of the mystique?
5. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)