|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Sex Directed Educators.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
(a) He thought that women were meant to be taken advantage of.
(b) Women were considered inferior.
(c) All of these.
(d) He thought women were meant to be as slaves.
2. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) To reproduce and be happy.
(b) Where their role in society was.
(c) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(d) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
3. What was Freud most concerned about in regards to society?
(a) He didn't want to change it, but rather to help people adjust to it.
(b) All of these.
(c) He wanted to help them in the suffrage movement.
(d) He wanted to open the doors for women.
4. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
(a) An act of war.
(b) An act of rebellion.
(c) An act of passivity.
(d) An act of contrition.
5. What does Parsons find in sexual segregation?
(a) It is functional.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It is integral.
(d) It is archaic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
2. How is the identity of women determined?
3. What did all the pioneering feminists resist?
4. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
5. What is the climax of adolescence?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)