|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have psychiatrists used to cure neurosis in the past?
(a) They used brainscans to monitor the changes in the patient.
(b) They tried to help them debase their own potential.
(c) They used electroshock therapy.
(d) They tried to fit them into a culture.
2. Housework presents _______________.
(a) A significant challenge.
(b) An interesting job description for American women.
(c) I don't know.
(d) No difficulty to the adult mind.
3. By what percent did the rate of teenage mothers increase between 1940 and 1957?
4. Margaret Mead frequently _______ herself.
5. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
(a) It was compared to the life career women felt.
(b) None of these.
(c) It was a way to keep marriages occurring in post war America.
(d) It was explained that they could feel this in marriage too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the real cause of feminism and women's frustration?
2. Who was always blamed for the neurosis of men?
3. What need is deeply set within human nature?
4. With which did the feminist movement gain strength?
5. What became a dirty word?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)