|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
(a) Behavior that is not in accordance with reality.
(b) Delinquent behavior.
(c) Behavior that is contrary to what is desireable.
(d) Behavior that is emulated by the parents.
2. How was the cold feeling that women experienced following a fear technique employed by the feminine mystique?
(a) It was explained that they could feel this in marriage too.
(b) None of these.
(c) It was a way to keep marriages occurring in post war America.
(d) It was compared to the life career women felt.
3. What did the feminists see most clearly?
(a) That the outdated view of feminine behavior would lead to social deterioration.
(b) That women were equal in the necessary fight for individuality.
(c) That education and the right to participate in advanced society were what was most needed.
(d) All of these.
4. What was the only thing that these kids looked for?
(d) None of these.
5. How is spinsterhood viewed?
(a) As a respected way of life.
(b) As a noble sacrifice.
(c) As an awesome responsibility to the nation.
(d) As a personal tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason is not given for women who possess a low dominance personality in regards to leadership?
2. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
3. What did the degradation of women also denigrate?
4. What kind of act occurred in the feminist movement?
5. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)