|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
(a) Feeble-minded girls.
(b) Attractive girls.
(c) Able-minded girls.
(d) Intelligent girls.
2. Where are the chains to the housewives' trap located?
(a) Within in the confines of wife and motherhood.
(b) In their own mind and spirit.
(c) Within the walls of their homes.
(d) In their own relationships with those around them.
3. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) Women's husbands.
(b) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(c) The idea that they were not alone.
(d) The answer to the nameless problem.
4. Margaret Mead frequently _______ herself.
5. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) Their clients.
(b) The manipulators.
(c) The manipulators and their clients.
(d) The women themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
2. What is Nora, to herself, first and foremost?
3. What should an education do?
4. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
5. What did the feminists see most clearly?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)