|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only answer possible in Freudian logic to make women satisfied?
(a) Education, freedom and rights are wrong for women.
(b) Much more sex, and that they need to make more babies.
(c) Weekly "Womens' meetings".
(d) Beatification procedures.
2. How much money did the magazine offer to those who submit their problems to promote it?
3. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(b) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
(c) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
(d) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
4. What is the easiest way out of figuring out who you are and what it is you want out of life?
(a) Having children.
(b) Sex and early marriage.
(c) Sex and children.
(d) All of these.
5. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) The women themselves.
(b) The manipulators and their clients.
(c) The manipulators.
(d) Their clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Professor Maslow begin his study of the relationship between sexuality and the "dominance" feeling?
2. What was women's unhappiness blamed on?
3. What should an education do?
4. How is spinsterhood viewed?
5. How long did it take "Sarah and the Seaplane" to become "Sarah the Sandwich Maker"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)