|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is necessary for the women to be happy in their lives, according to Mirra?
(a) They must reproduce.
(b) They must remain infantile.
(c) They must embrace their role as women.
(d) They must find themselves first.
2. What narrow comfort is offered women to become homemakers?
(a) All of these.
(b) A woman's destiny revolves around the home.
(c) No woman can eternally resist the temptation of starting a family.
(d) To be successful she must know many arts.
3. In 1948, what was the percentage of men that had had some homosexual experience?
4. What was wrong with children?
(a) They lacked fire.
(b) They all sleepwalked.
(c) They were going through their lives without passion or direction.
(d) They were following the feminine mystique to the letter.
5. What had become a trap?
(a) The lack of personal image in women.
(b) The small-minded image of women.
(c) The home life.
(d) The disregard of the way women feel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
2. How many hours a week did a housewife who lived in a city of over 100,000 work in the home?
3. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
4. Why wouldn't the final voice on magazine publication allow information that wasn't involved with the home into the magazine?
5. Why does mankind not completely live in the present?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)