|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
(a) Their fathers.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) Society at large.
2. Who first formulated the simple principle that "work expands to fill the time available"?
(a) C. Northcote Parkinson.
(b) C Northcote Parkinton.
(c) C. Northcoat Parkinson.
(d) P. Northcote Parkinson.
3. Which tribe do men and women assume masculine roles?
4. What does "acting out" mean in psycho-therapeutic terms?
(a) Behavior that is emulated by the parents.
(b) Behavior that is contrary to what is desireable.
(c) Delinquent behavior.
(d) Behavior that is not in accordance with reality.
5. What was so terrifying to women not about to be married?
(a) Not knowing what they were going to do with their lives.
(b) Being childless and alone.
(c) Not fitting in with social requirements.
(d) Knowing they will never achieve their goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the functionalist's primary concern?
2. Housework presents _______________.
3. What problem wasn't caused by soap or cured by Cortisone?
4. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
5. What two things are at the very heart of the feminine mystique?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)