|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
(a) They didn't do as much housework as those that did.
(b) They completed it faster than those that did.
(c) They didn't undergo extensive psychotherapy.
(d) They seemed a lot more fulfilled.
2. How were women martyred during hunger strikes?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They were flogged and beaten.
(c) They were starved to death.
(d) They were forcibly fed.
3. What did Freud believe that all neurosis stemmed from?
(a) Sexual abuse.
(b) Sexual appetite.
(c) Sexual repression.
(d) Sexual oppression.
4. In a Rorschach test, a majority of animal images over human images is indicative of ___________________.
(a) Sexual promiscuity.
5. What did most of the people who studied the 'discontinuity' of women say it was caused by?
(b) Believing that they have the same potential as boys.
(c) Testing their own powers in the world.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't women study physics?
2. How is spinsterhood viewed?
3. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
4. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
5. What is instinctive in the human sense?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)