|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
(a) He thought women were meant to be as slaves.
(b) He thought that women were meant to be taken advantage of.
(c) Women were considered inferior.
(d) All of these.
2. How many women had engaged in extramarital sex?
(a) Nine of ten.
(b) Two in four.
(c) Three in four.
(d) One in four.
3. In what would Martha take refuge?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her children.
4. The most challenging and time consuming tasks of housework can be handled in capacity by a(n) ______________.
(a) Eleven-year-old child.
(b) Nine-year-old child.
(c) Eight-year-old child.
(d) Highly intelligent woman.
5. If education has made American women feel trapped, frustrated and guilty as housewives, it is surely a sign that ___________________________.
(a) American women shouldn't be educated.
(b) American women should stay at home.
(c) American women have outgrown the housewife role.
(d) American women shouldn't attatch to children and husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Sojourner Truth claim to have?
2. What is the only frontier available to women that have lived always within the confines of the feminine mystique?
3. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
4. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
5. If a woman were to fight for her rights, she would _____ _____?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)