|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Margaret Mead's work persuade women to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Give up their femininity in exchange for their humanity.
(c) Give up their humanity in exchange for their femininity.
(d) Pursue an education despite the potential cost of family life.
2. Women who finished a professional education were more likely to reach ______________.
(a) Personal fulfillment.
(b) None of these.
(d) Marital fulfillment.
3. Newspaper headlines screamed that working mothers were responsible for __________________.
(a) Molly coddling their children.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Juvenile delinquency.
4. What is the only frontier available to women that have lived always within the confines of the feminine mystique?
(c) None of these.
5. Which statement best fits the main problem?
(a) Women had become too comfortable.
(b) Women had lost their self identity.
(c) Women longed for careers.
(d) Women weren't challenged in their lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the name of femininity women are encouraged to ______ human growth.
2. What is the problem with educating women early to fulfill their sexual roles in regards to the opposite sex?
3. What lesson could girls not help but learn in college between 1945 and 1960?
4. Housework presents _______________.
5. What did Freud believe of his studies when he had passed away?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)