|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the literature offered telling women to do?
(a) To reproduce and be happy.
(b) That their husbands rule all, and a womans' place is in the house.
(c) To seek fulfillment as wives and mothers.
(d) Where their role in society was.
2. What gave women peace of mind?
(a) The idea that they were not alone.
(b) The collective feeling that they had achieved something in talking.
(c) Women's husbands.
(d) The answer to the nameless problem.
3. What is the climax of adolescence?
(a) Getting married and having kids.
(b) Having children.
(c) Enrolling in university.
(d) Deciding what one wants to be.
4. What is contrary to the feminine mystique?
(a) All of these.
(b) Sexual satisfaction is not a mark of fulfillment.
(c) Neither sex can be happy within the feminine mystique.
(d) The feminine mystique keeps both sexes from maturing.
5. What doesn't work together to produce femininity?
(c) Deficient female anatomy.
(d) Penis envy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was blamed for every problem American children faced?
2. What requires increased glamorization every year?
3. What must women do to avoid the dehumanization of their children?
4. What was affected by functional analysis?
5. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)