|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were young women's passions lying after the suffrage?
(a) In getting a career.
(b) In getting married before graduating college.
(c) In getting engaged before graduating college.
(d) In traveling the world.
2. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) The manipulators.
(b) The women themselves.
(c) Their clients.
(d) The manipulators and their clients.
3. What did the feminists see most clearly?
(a) That women were equal in the necessary fight for individuality.
(b) That education and the right to participate in advanced society were what was most needed.
(c) That the outdated view of feminine behavior would lead to social deterioration.
(d) All of these.
4. What is unlikely to happen without education?
(a) Women are likely to have children at younger ages.
(b) Women are not likely to develop deep interests outside their biology.
(c) All of these.
(d) Women are likely to marry younger and younger.
5. What was interesting to note about women who didn't consider housework their fulltime job?
(a) They didn't undergo extensive psychotherapy.
(b) They didn't do as much housework as those that did.
(c) They seemed a lot more fulfilled.
(d) They completed it faster than those that did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
2. How did women seek to fill the void that their lack of self created?
3. What was the new sexual problem in marriages?
4. What is the scary thing for women who want to finish their education?
5. What weren't these feminists called?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)