|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
(a) As a failing in themselves, and their financial position in the world.
(b) As a sign of frustration that she cannot savor her relationship with her husband,
(c) As a failing in the marriage; a sign of infidelity.
(d) As a failing in the woman, not in the circumstance.
2. What happened following Margaret's work?
(a) All of these.
(b) Making babies took on a cultish meaning.
(c) Women found no other ways to create.
(d) Women glorified their own femininity.
3. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
4. What was really difficult to sell?
(a) Gold plated dishes.
(d) Sterling silver.
5. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
(a) They are superior to men.
(b) They are inferior to men.
(c) They are complimentary to men.
(d) They are in excess of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the name of femininity women are encouraged to ______ human growth.
2. What does Professor Maslow say about the words "feminine" and "masculine"?
3. Why isn't a woman encouraged to buy whatever needed to get her out of the home and finding herself?
4. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
5. What did the union member get labeled as?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)