|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl from honors history suspect happened to her to cause her to drop out?
(a) She was forced out by male educators.
(b) She lost courage.
(c) She wanted to marry.
(d) None of these.
2. Why do women have to suffer the problem of identity?
(a) To grow.
(b) To mature.
(c) All of these.
(d) To become human.
3. How is spinsterhood viewed?
(a) As a respected way of life.
(b) As a personal tragedy.
(c) As an awesome responsibility to the nation.
(d) As a noble sacrifice.
4. What is the most powerful perpetuator(s) of the feminine mystique?
(a) Their clients.
(b) The manipulators and their clients.
(c) The women themselves.
(d) The manipulators.
5. What does Marriage for Moderns say about women and their roles?
(a) They are complimentary to men.
(b) They are inferior to men.
(c) They are in excess of men.
(d) They are superior to men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Freidan question in regards to Freudian thought?
2. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
3. How does a daughter see "don't become a housewife like me"?
4. How was the young housewife supposed to spend money and not feel guilty about it?
5. What was it said that men had that women didn't?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)