|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Forfeited Self.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was considered 'real' life?
(a) Single life.
(b) Career life.
(c) Spinsterhood life.
(d) Married life.
2. How was the career driven woman vanquished from the population?
(a) She was shown as being a bad person.
(b) She was denied the ability to have children.
(c) She was portrayed as evil.
(d) She was shown as being disdainful.
3. How much of all advertising budget is spent to appeal to women?
4. What is the "great mistake of Western Culture"?
(a) The availability of work to women.
(b) The overemphasis on femininity.
(c) The availability of an education to women.
(d) The undervaluation of femininity.
5. What was interesting about the lives of all of the women within the mystique?
(a) They were always envying their neighbors.
(b) They were all thirty pounds overweight.
(c) They were always dissatisfied with their marital affairs.
(d) They were always frantically busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of ulcer patients is comprised of women?
2. In regards to both of Freud's main theories, what does it say about his cultural upbringing?
3. Housework was specially suited to what kind of girls?
4. Housework presents _______________.
5. What do women seek in their men?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)