|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is most likely to be the greatest help in getting to the prisoner?
2. What is Thomas doing when Peter finds him?
3. What action is Peter instructed to take if he wants the help of an accomplice?
4. What is Thomas' goal at the end of the story?
5. What is on Peter's mind as he escapes from his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the suspense maintained in this episode involving Peter's escape?
2. Why does Flagg not take any action when he gets to Peter's room and finds that Peter is gone?
3. What does Peter find as he is trying to hide his rope, and why is it significant?
4. What happens to the Lesser Warder?
5. Which room are all of the characters in this part of the story heading for, and where is Thomas?
6. Why is it important to the story that there is no snow on the courtyard below where Peter is imprisoned?
7. List three things that happen while Peter is imprisoned.
8. What happens to thwart Flagg's plan to get away with murder?
9. How is suspense built into the story as Peter's friends reach the castle and Peter begins his escape?
10. How does The Eyes of the Dragon end, and why is this significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the dominant themes in The Eyes of the Dragon is sibling rivalry. Discuss the relationship between Peter and Thomas and how that relationship helps move the story along.
Essay Topic 2
What is destiny? How is destiny a part of The Eyes of the Dragon? Write 1-2 pages explaining why you believe Peter was or was not destined to become king, and what would have happened had he acted differently.
Essay Topic 3
King Roland obviously depends upon Flagg to help him rule Delain. What would have been different if Roland had made his own decisions? Why does Flagg have such influence over Roland? What is Flagg's purpose in encouraging Roland's dependence?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)