|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flagg attempt to frame Peter?
2. What is used as evidence in finding Peter guilty?
3. In the note to the Judge-General, Peter makes it seem as though he is doing what?
4. What literary technique is used to reveal what happens when the evidence is found?
5. The character known as Flagg is also known by what other name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Flagg's plans for Delain?
2. Why is it important to know that Peter likes to play with his mother's dollhouse?
3. How do the people of Delain react when Peter is arrested?
4. What requests does Peter make of Peyna?
5. What is most important to Sasha about Peter's upbringing?
6. Why does Peyna finally agree to see Beson and to read Peter's note?
7. What character traits are revealed in Peter through the incident with the horse?
8. How does Peter attempt to include his brother in interactions with their father?
9. Why has Peter requested the napkins with each meal and that the dollhouse be returned to him?
10. What can you infer from the fact that Peter does not recognize the box used as evidence until he remembers that he lost one like it as a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What motivates Peter to live and to have the determination to escape? Write a brief essay in which you describe Peter's motivation and discuss what you think it is that keeps him from giving up. What do these things tell you about Peter's character?
Essay Topic 2
King Roland obviously depends upon Flagg to help him rule Delain. What would have been different if Roland had made his own decisions? Why does Flagg have such influence over Roland? What is Flagg's purpose in encouraging Roland's dependence?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas does not get the recognition from his father that he desires. Tell how this and other events lead to Thomas' feelings of isolation, shame, and guilt. How does Thomas redeem himself at the end of the story?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)