|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the attempt on the queen's life aborted?
2. Peter knows who murdered the king and that there is only one way to prove this. What is it?
3. What is foreshadowed by the aborted murder attempt?
4. Which rooms are not searched while trying to uncover the murderer?
5. When a group of men recognize Peter's long-time friend, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thomas as a young boy and tell what makes him feel as he does.
2. How do the people of Delain react when Peter is arrested?
3. How does Flagg frame Peter for the murder of Roland?
4. What is most important to Sasha about Peter's upbringing?
5. What are some of the different roles Flagg has played?
6. Briefly tell what The Eyes of the Dragon is about.
7. Who is ultimately responsible for Sasha's death, and how does it come about?
8. What requests does Peter make of Peyna?
9. What are Flagg's plans for Delain?
10. What does Thomas do to attempt to win his father's favor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly discuss the use of symbolism in The Eyes of the Dragon.
Essay Topic 2
When Peter is asked to set aside his crown to stand trial, he does so willingly. Later, when in prison, he asserts his authority as the rightful king in demanding that the guard bring him what he asks for. What do these incidents tell you about Peter's character, his strengths, and his determination?
Essay Topic 3
Peter's friend, Ben, is from a different social class than Peter. Ben is obviously determined to remain loyal to Peter because he defies his father's command not to speak to Peter. What does this tell you about Ben? What does it tell you about the bonds of friendship? If Ben and Peter had met as adults, do you think they would have formed such a solid friendship? Why or why not? Write 4-5 paragraphs discussing your opinion.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)