|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter prove that he is the rightful king?
2. How does Thomas react after the coronation?
3. How does Flagg attempt to frame Peter?
4. Who becomes Peter's best friend?
5. What is used as evidence in finding Peter guilty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas do to attempt to win his father's favor?
2. Why has Peter requested the napkins with each meal and that the dollhouse be returned to him?
3. Briefly tell what The Eyes of the Dragon is about.
4. What requests does Peter make of Peyna?
5. Why does it seem atypical that as a prisoner Peter would refuse to eat and just spend his time looking out the window?
6. What are Flagg's plans for Delain?
7. What can you infer from the fact that Peter does not recognize the box used as evidence until he remembers that he lost one like it as a child?
8. Who is ultimately responsible for Sasha's death, and how does it come about?
9. Describe Thomas as a young boy and tell what makes him feel as he does.
10. Why does Peyna finally agree to see Beson and to read Peter's note?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter's friend, Ben, is from a different social class than Peter. Ben is obviously determined to remain loyal to Peter because he defies his father's command not to speak to Peter. What does this tell you about Ben? What does it tell you about the bonds of friendship? If Ben and Peter had met as adults, do you think they would have formed such a solid friendship? Why or why not? Write 4-5 paragraphs discussing your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author make use of the supernatural in The Eyes of the Dragon? Does it make the story more or less believable?
Essay Topic 3
It took Peter at least five years to fashion the rope he used to escape. What does his patience and determination tell you about Peter? Do you think he could have considered other means of escape? If so, what? Support your answers with examples from the story.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)