|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dragon Sand?
2. How do Ben's parents feel about his relationship with Peter?
3. What is foreshadowed by the aborted murder attempt?
4. Of what significance is the note that the Judge-General receives from Peter?
5. How does Flagg attempt to frame Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to know that Peter likes to play with his mother's dollhouse?
2. What does Thomas do to attempt to win his father's favor?
3. Who is ultimately responsible for Sasha's death, and how does it come about?
4. What can you infer from the fact that Peter does not recognize the box used as evidence until he remembers that he lost one like it as a child?
5. Under what conditions does Peter agree to set aside his crown and face the trial?
6. How do the people of Delain react when Peter is arrested?
7. Why does it seem atypical that as a prisoner Peter would refuse to eat and just spend his time looking out the window?
8. When Roland became ill, the first person to tend him was Peter. Why would this make Flagg happy?
9. What is most important to Sasha about Peter's upbringing?
10. Describe Thomas as a young boy and tell what makes him feel as he does.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Flagg was good at using other people to accomplish his goals. Identify the people in The Eyes of the Dragon who were used by Flagg, tell how he used them, and what he accomplished. Give your opinion as to the ethics of such behavior.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author make use of the supernatural in The Eyes of the Dragon? Does it make the story more or less believable?
Essay Topic 3
One of the dominant themes in The Eyes of the Dragon is sibling rivalry. Discuss the relationship between Peter and Thomas and how that relationship helps move the story along.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)