|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is used to help frame Peter for murder?
2. When a group of men recognize Peter's long-time friend, what happens?
3. What one action causes many rumors to begin circulating through the kingdom?
4. What is Flagg's ultimate goal?
5. What does Thomas do to win his father's approval?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is ultimately responsible for Sasha's death, and how does it come about?
2. What does Thomas do to attempt to win his father's favor?
3. What is ironic about Peter turning to Anders Peyna for help.
4. What can you infer from the fact that Peter does not recognize the box used as evidence until he remembers that he lost one like it as a child?
5. How does Flagg frame Peter for the murder of Roland?
6. What is most important to Sasha about Peter's upbringing?
7. What requests does Peter make of Peyna?
8. Why is Flagg afraid of Peter?
9. What are Flagg's motives in befriending Thomas?
10. How does Peter attempt to include his brother in interactions with their father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Peter is asked to set aside his crown to stand trial, he does so willingly. Later, when in prison, he asserts his authority as the rightful king in demanding that the guard bring him what he asks for. What do these incidents tell you about Peter's character, his strengths, and his determination?
Essay Topic 2
What is destiny? How is destiny a part of The Eyes of the Dragon? Write 1-2 pages explaining why you believe Peter was or was not destined to become king, and what would have happened had he acted differently.
Essay Topic 3
Peter was greatly influenced by his mother. How does this influence serve him throughout the story? Do you think it makes him weaker or stronger? How would his life have been different if he had been more influenced by his father or if he had ignored his mother's advice?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)