|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a king of Delain?
2. How do Peter and his friends get through the West Gate?
(a) The friends distract the guards and slip through one at a time.
(b) They reveal their weapons and the guards let them pass.
(c) The prisoner uses magic to blind the guards.
(d) The prisoner convinces the guard he is the rightful king.
3. What does Peter use for ink when responding to Dennis?
(a) Vegetable juice.
(b) Beet juice.
(c) Lemon juice.
(d) His own blood.
4. Which of the following habits has Thomas acquired?
(b) Endlessly pacing.
(c) Talking in his sleep.
5. What is the author suggesting by revealing Thomas' thoughts and actions?
(a) That Thomas has no feelings.
(b) That Thomas is in his own symbolic prison.
(c) That Thomas is stronger than we first thought.
(d) That Thomas considers himself above the law.
6. Which of these characters is approaching Peter from inside the castle?
7. Who is the most unlikely person to help the prisoner escape?
(a) The person who imprisoned him.
(b) His brother.
(c) The person who accused him.
(d) His guardian.
8. What feeling is the reader left with at the end of this story?
(a) Friends are more important than family.
(b) You can never trust anyone.
(c) Everyone lived happily ever after.
(d) Being right is more important than being strong.
9. What does Dennis use to gain access to the castle?
(a) A drain pipe.
(b) A coal chute.
(c) A sewer pipe.
(d) A laundry chute.
10. What causes the prisoner to fall during his escape?
(a) He is pushed.
(b) He gets frightened.
(c) He slips on the ice.
(d) His rope breaks.
11. What evidence does Peter have to confront Flagg with?
(a) Roland's arrow.
(b) Niner's eye.
(c) The king's hammer.
(d) Valera's locket.
12. What prompts everyone in the kingdom to go to bed early one night?
(a) Heavy rain made it impossible to do anything else.
(b) Everyone had worked hard all day.
(c) They are exhausted by the excitement of the storm.
(d) It got dark earlier than usual.
13. How does he get to this room?
(a) He innocently wndered into the wrong room.
(b) By sleepwalking.
(c) He always sleeps here.
(d) He was led here by a ghost.
14. When will it be safe for Flagg to return to Delain?
(b) When he is dying and has no place to go.
(c) In a few months.
(d) In five years.
15. How are the rescuers hidden from the guards?
(a) By falling snow.
(b) By hiding in the trees.
(c) By darkness.
(d) By heavy rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter holding when he turns to face his brother?
2. Which of the following is prevalent in this story?
3. How many characters are searching for a way into the castle to help the prisoner?
4. What is Flagg's intention when he breaks into the king's rooms?
5. What is the prisoner hoping to find when he reaches his destination?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)