|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is prevalent in this story?
(a) Unexplainable events.
(b) Supernatural beings.
(c) Supernatural overtures.
(d) Ghosts and goblins.
2. Peter finds some loose stones in the floor and decides that the space beneath will be a good hiding place. What does he find in this hiding space?
(a) A bracelet and a note.
(b) The confession of an earlier prisoner.
(c) Directions for planning an escape.
(d) A locket and a note.
3. Which of the following themes is revealed in Thomas' actions?
(a) Sibling rivalry.
(b) Guilt and shame.
(c) Good versus evil.
(d) Man against nature.
4. What causes the prisoner to fall during his escape?
(a) His rope breaks.
(b) He slips on the ice.
(c) He is pushed.
(d) He gets frightened.
5. Who is he firing at?
6. Why does Peter not need to worry about being discovered as he plans his escape?
(a) The materials he used were thrown away every day.
(b) Only his best friend had access to the materials he used.
(c) The materials he used were so old they were considered useless.
(d) There was too much going on in the kingdom for anyone to notice what he was doing.
7. When the Judge-General sends Dennis back to the castle, what warning does he give?
(a) He warns him to avoid being followed.
(b) He warns him not to be seen going in.
(c) He warns him to get back before dark.
(d) He warns him to announce his arrival clearly.
8. Why does Dennis tell the Judge-General that he walks so far?
(a) Because he had no other transportation.
(b) So he could formulate a plan to help the prisoner escape.
(c) So he could have time to think about what he would say.
(d) So his destination would not be known.
9. Which of these characters is not attempting to help Peter?
10. Although Peter has already planned his escape, what does Dennis ask him to do?
(a) Put it off until the next night.
(b) Put it off until morning.
(c) Move it up.
(d) Put it off until more help can arrive.
11. Who does Peter find in his father's rooms?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His accuser.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
12. What factor most encourages Peter?
(a) The knowledge that he has support.
(b) The knowledge that he is not guilty.
(c) The hope that his escape will succeed.
(d) The belief that people like him.
13. What prompts everyone in the kingdom to go to bed early one night?
(a) Everyone had worked hard all day.
(b) They are exhausted by the excitement of the storm.
(c) It got dark earlier than usual.
(d) Heavy rain made it impossible to do anything else.
14. How do Peter and his friends get through the West Gate?
(a) The friends distract the guards and slip through one at a time.
(b) The prisoner uses magic to blind the guards.
(c) They reveal their weapons and the guards let them pass.
(d) The prisoner convinces the guard he is the rightful king.
15. The contents of the note reveal information about which of the following characters?
(a) Anders Peyna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is most likely to be the greatest help in getting to the prisoner?
2. How many characters are searching for a way into the castle to help the prisoner?
3. Which of the following reveals that someone has been seen in the secret room?
4. How does Flagg learn of the planned escape?
5. How long does Peter spend in prison?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)