|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Peter is thinking about his escape, he finds something that will help. What is it?
(a) A note from someone who wants to help.
(b) A note from the previous prisoner in these rooms.
(c) A map of the best hiding places.
(d) A map of all the secret corridors.
2. When Thomas realizes where he is, what is his reaction?
(a) He remains calm.
(b) He grabs a weapon and waits.
(c) He tries to find a way out.
(d) He is frightened.
3. What is Peter looking for in his father's rooms?
(d) Dragon Sand.
4. Which of the following characters is most likely to be the greatest help in getting to the prisoner?
5. The Judge-General invites Dennis to stay with him and provides room for him where?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the Judge-General's own room.
(d) In a shed attached to the house.
6. What is so shocking about what Peter finds?
(a) It proves his own innocence.
(b) It was hidden there by his own father.
(c) It gives instructions for escape.
(d) It is more than four hundred years old.
7. Which of these characters is approaching Peter from inside the castle?
8. What prompts everyone in the kingdom to go to bed early one night?
(a) Heavy rain made it impossible to do anything else.
(b) Everyone had worked hard all day.
(c) It got dark earlier than usual.
(d) They are exhausted by the excitement of the storm.
9. The author's use of foreshadowing leads the reader to believe what about the Judge-General?
(a) That he will stick to his guns and not allow anyone to help the prisoner.
(b) That he will probably end up helping the prisoner.
(c) That he is sorry for not believing the prisoner in the beginning.
(d) That his guilt is causing him to take chances.
10. The contents of the note reveal information about which of the following characters?
(b) Anders Peyna.
11. Which of the following characters is standing unnoticed in the room?
12. What feeling is the reader left with at the end of this story?
(a) Being right is more important than being strong.
(b) Everyone lived happily ever after.
(c) Friends are more important than family.
(d) You can never trust anyone.
13. How are the rescuers hidden from the guards?
(a) By darkness.
(b) By falling snow.
(c) By heavy rain.
(d) By hiding in the trees.
14. Peter reveals that he has a plan of escape. What is he afraid of?
(a) Not having the courage to follow through with the plan.
(b) Failing to have made adequate plans.
(c) Getting caught before he can initiate the plan.
(d) Falling to his death.
15. Which of the following assumes his rightful role as king?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first obstacle Peter and his friends encounter as they run?
2. Which king's daughter becomes queen?
3. While waiting for an opportunity to get into the castle, the rescuer has been instructed to do what?
4. Which of the following characters is left behind after the escape?
5. How do Peter and his friends get through the West Gate?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)