|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following themes is revealed in Thomas' actions?
(a) Guilt and shame.
(b) Good versus evil.
(c) Man against nature.
(d) Sibling rivalry.
2. What have the prisoner's friends brought with them to help him escape?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A net.
(c) A cart.
(d) An extra rope.
3. One of Peter's rescuers must hide outside the castle for a few days. What helps him maintain his strength?
(a) Nuts and berries.
(b) A few vegetables.
(c) Leftovers from the kitchen.
(d) A handful of oats and grains.
4. What is Thomas doing when Peter finds him?
(a) Wearing the king's robe.
(b) Sharpening a knife.
(c) Removing items from the safe.
(d) Waiting to kill the prisoner.
5. Which of the following is prevalent in this story?
(a) Unexplainable events.
(b) Supernatural overtures.
(c) Ghosts and goblins.
(d) Supernatural beings.
6. How does Peter react when Thomas apologizes?
(a) He is angry and unforgiving.
(b) He is loving and affectionate.
(c) He is grudgingly forgiving.
(d) He is hurt and distrustful.
7. How long does Peter spend in prison?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
8. What factor most encourages Peter?
(a) The knowledge that he is not guilty.
(b) The knowledge that he has support.
(c) The belief that people like him.
(d) The hope that his escape will succeed.
9. What does Dennis use to gain access to the castle?
(a) A drain pipe.
(b) A sewer pipe.
(c) A laundry chute.
(d) A coal chute.
10. Who does Peter find in his father's rooms?
(a) His brother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His father.
(d) His accuser.
11. On the night of the escape, a tower falls. Where is the tower?
(a) On the Church of the Kingdom.
(b) On the Church of the Great Idols.
(c) On the castle.
(d) On the Church of the Great Gods.
12. Who is the most unlikely person to help the prisoner escape?
(a) The person who imprisoned him.
(b) His guardian.
(c) His brother.
(d) The person who accused him.
13. What action do the rescuers take in preparation for helping Peter?
(a) They go over their plans.
(b) They discuss turning back.
(c) They go to sleep.
(d) They make a map.
14. The author's use of foreshadowing leads the reader to believe what about the Judge-General?
(a) That he will stick to his guns and not allow anyone to help the prisoner.
(b) That he is sorry for not believing the prisoner in the beginning.
(c) That his guilt is causing him to take chances.
(d) That he will probably end up helping the prisoner.
15. What is Peter looking for in his father's rooms?
(c) Dragon Sand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is most likely to be the greatest help in getting to the prisoner?
2. When Thomas realizes where he is, what is his reaction?
3. What supernatural occurrence aids Dennis in communicating with Peter?
4. What is the prisoner using to help him escape?
5. The Judge-General invites Dennis to stay with him and provides room for him where?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)