|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used in an aborted plot to kill the queen?
(a) A poisoned dart.
(b) Fermented brandy.
(c) Poison from a deadly spider.
(d) Food laced with arsenic.
2. What does Peter's mother encourage him to use at meals?
(a) A knife and fork.
(b) A finger bowl.
(c) A clean plate.
(d) A napkin.
3. After Thomas has been crowned, a soldier shows up at Ben's house and orders him to go to the Judge-General's home. What is Ben's reaction?
(a) He says he will go when he has proof his friend is alive.
(b) He goes willingly, willing to do anything to save his friend.
(c) He refuses to go, stating he is afraid for his family.
(d) He goes reluctantly, not knowing what he might be walking into.
4. Peter knows who murdered the king and that there is only one way to prove this. What is it?
(a) He must escape.
(b) He must demand a retrial.
(c) He must wait out his sentence and appeal to the people.
(d) He must summon his friends and enlist their help.
5. Which of the following enjoys spying on the king?
6. What is the name of the kingdom in this story?
7. What causes the queen's death?
(a) A knife wound.
(b) A broken heart.
(d) A poisoned drink.
8. Which of the following are butlers in the castle?
(a) Peter and Thomas.
(b) Flagg and Roland.
(c) Delain and Needles.
(d) Brandon and Dennis.
9. One of the deliverers leaves Peter a note with the second object they delivered. What is in the note?
(a) An admission of guilt from the real murderer.
(b) A warning that the prisoner's life is in danger.
(c) An expression of loyalty from both deliverers.
(d) An expression of belief in the prisoner's innocence.
10. What causes the king's death?
(a) He is stabbed as he walks in the garden.
(b) A poisoned glass of wine.
(c) A fall from his horse.
(d) He chokes on a morsel of food.
11. What happens when Peter tells his father about the incident with the horse?
(a) He is rewarded.
(b) He is punished.
(c) He is made king.
(d) He is made head groomsman.
12. How does Flagg deflect suspicion?
(a) By organizing a search for the guilty party.
(b) By volunteering to be searched.
(c) By weeping uncontrollably.
(d) By staying constantly at the king's side.
13. After reading Peter's request, the Judge-General agrees. Which of the following best describes his reaction?
(a) He is confused and wants to deliver the items himself.
(b) He is certain there is nothing unsusal about the request.
(c) He is confused, but considers the request harmless.
(d) He desides the request is just an additional sign of guilt.
14. How does Peter meet his best friend?
(a) At a family dinner.
(b) In a three-legged race.
(c) At a function in honor of the king.
(d) In a jousting competition.
15. Which of the following is the Warder guarding the prisoners?
(b) Anders Peyna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed to Thomas that satisfies his urge to know more?
2. Which of the following themes is not introduced as the story progresses?
3. Why is Ben sent to the castle?
4. Who discovers the gift and begins to use and enjoy it?
5. How does the author describe the first king in The Eyes of the Dragon?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)