|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the attempt on the queen's life aborted?
(a) The murderer secretly loved the queen.
(b) It was likely the king would know who was guilty.
(c) The king found out about the plot against the queen.
(d) The queen found out about the plot against her.
2. Thomas becomes gravely ill and awakens to learn what about himself?
(a) He has been banished from the kingdom.
(b) He has become king.
(c) He is a murderer.
(d) He has slept for an entire year.
3. What causes the queen's death?
(a) A poisoned drink.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) A knife wound.
4. After reading Peter's request, the Judge-General agrees. Which of the following best describes his reaction?
(a) He desides the request is just an additional sign of guilt.
(b) He is certain there is nothing unsusal about the request.
(c) He is confused, but considers the request harmless.
(d) He is confused and wants to deliver the items himself.
5. What is revealed to Thomas that satisfies his urge to know more?
(a) Secret hiding places.
(b) Magic potions.
(c) Magic mirrors.
(d) Secret passages to the outside.
6. Who discovers the gift and begins to use and enjoy it?
7. In the note to the Judge-General, Peter makes it seem as though he is doing what?
(a) Simply asking for an early release.
(b) Simply asking for special treatment.
(c) Simply asking for common courtesies.
(d) Simply asking for additional comforts.
8. After the coronation, which of these characters is concerned about the future?
9. What happens when Peter tells his father about the incident with the horse?
(a) He is rewarded.
(b) He is made king.
(c) He is punished.
(d) He is made head groomsman.
10. What causes the king's death?
(a) A fall from his horse.
(b) A poisoned glass of wine.
(c) He is stabbed as he walks in the garden.
(d) He chokes on a morsel of food.
11. Who plots to bring ruin to the kingdom?
(a) The king's oldest son.
(b) The king's youngest son.
(c) The king's wife.
(d) The king's magician.
12. Who becomes Peter's best friend?
13. What does the Judge-General do with the note when he receives it?
(a) He decides to read it.
(b) He tears it up and puts it in the fire.
(c) He throws it in the fire.
(d) He puts it in a drawer to read later.
14. What is Flagg's ultimate goal?
(a) To become immortal.
(b) To become king.
(c) To cause discontent wherever he goes.
(d) To destroy Delain.
15. What is Ben's reaction when the Judge-General offers him money?
(a) He refuses because the offer is so low.
(b) He refuses to take any for himself.
(c) He accepts it at first, but later returns it.
(d) He gratefully accepts it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important for Peter to follow his mother's instructions?
2. What does Peter's mother encourage him to use at meals?
3. What animal is used to help frame Peter for murder?
4. How does the murderer guarantee help with the plot to kill the queen?
5. What does Thomas do to win his father's approval?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)