|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Peter insist in his letter to the Judge-General?
(a) He wants another trial and to see his friends.
(b) He has given up and wants to die soon.
(c) He intends to live and he did not kill the king.
(d) He will do what is necessary to get out and be a good servant to his accuser.
2. What animal is used to help frame Peter for murder?
(a) A rat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bat.
3. Who discovers the gift and begins to use and enjoy it?
4. Why is the attempt on the queen's life aborted?
(a) The murderer secretly loved the queen.
(b) The queen found out about the plot against her.
(c) It was likely the king would know who was guilty.
(d) The king found out about the plot against the queen.
5. After Thomas has been crowned, a soldier shows up at Ben's house and orders him to go to the Judge-General's home. What is Ben's reaction?
(a) He goes reluctantly, not knowing what he might be walking into.
(b) He refuses to go, stating he is afraid for his family.
(c) He says he will go when he has proof his friend is alive.
(d) He goes willingly, willing to do anything to save his friend.
6. How does Peter meet his best friend?
(a) At a family dinner.
(b) At a function in honor of the king.
(c) In a jousting competition.
(d) In a three-legged race.
7. Which of the following is the Warder guarding the prisoners?
(d) Anders Peyna.
8. Who assists the murderer in killing the queen?
(a) The queen's husband.
(b) The queen's best friend.
(c) The queen's midwife.
(d) The queen's son.
9. What does the Judge-General do with the note when he receives it?
(a) He throws it in the fire.
(b) He puts it in a drawer to read later.
(c) He decides to read it.
(d) He tears it up and puts it in the fire.
10. Which of the following best describes Thomas?
(a) Short and bowlegged.
(b) Tall and bowlegged.
(c) Tall and handsome.
(d) Short and stocky.
11. Who wants to kill the queen?
(a) Her husband's advisor.
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
12. Who plots to bring ruin to the kingdom?
(a) The king's oldest son.
(b) The king's youngest son.
(c) The king's wife.
(d) The king's magician.
13. What is it that Thomas feels guilty about, but is not responsible for?
(a) His friend's death.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) His brother's death.
14. Who is the one character that people in the kingdom sympathize with and do not immediately consider guilty?
15. What makes Dragon Sand so dangerous?
(a) It is highly explosive.
(b) Its walls are crumbling into ruin.
(c) He is wild and untamed.
(d) It is lethal to breathe it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is foreshadowed by the aborted murder attempt?
2. Which of the following hampers the trial proceedings?
3. What action causes the Judge-General to assume Peter is guilty?
4. Which character is most pleased about the king's illness and death?
5. What is revealed to Thomas that satisfies his urge to know more?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)